Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Quilt Patterns

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucky for me, I didn't wear all that crazy stuff. Jeans tees outside if work and Farrah do early to mid 80's.

Comment

I appologize Matthew, we got a little off topic and it was slightly before your time. Be thankful for that. But I agree with all the previous posts. Do what you like, sit and play. You would be surprised of what you can do. Mix techniques. It's all a playground. BTW I just read your profile. Congratulations on your first hand made quilt top finished in 3 months? Nice job..

Comment

Mathew when I started on this quilt journey I made blocks that I found here and there and from those I learned lots of different techniques and what colours and values worked etc. I think as a beginner you would learn so much from the Laura Nownes class here on TQS because she teaches several of those block constructions that really will get you off to a flying start. You will build up your skill block by block (and each one of those blocks could become a mug rug if you don't want to make a quilt with them :wink: ) and eventually you will begin to fly solo.

Comment

One more thing. Linda Franz has a really nice site where you can print the block pieces on either fabric or a stabalizer. You can either machine or hand piece the blocks. http://lindafranz.com/ I have the hexagon set and printed it out on Ricky Timms Stable stuff for a grandmothers garden quilt. It's still a work in progress.

Comment

I've got the freeby that Linda Franz offers - diamonds, squares & triangles. Great for playing with, to get several different blocks depending on how you combine them. But you do need a printer that can take the thicker card weight easily.

For printing on fabric there is a class in the 'Classrooms' section learn/classrooms/ Personally rather than using freezer paper (not cheap or readily available in UK) I starch my fabric really stiff, use a large (standard page sized) label or tape the fabric to a sheet of paper using double sided tape on the leading edge & the sides.

Hope you aren't getting too much information overload.... At least it is written down so you can come back to it as often as you need to.

Comment

Originally posted by PosyP
              I've got the freeby that Linda Franz offers - diamonds, squares & triangles. Great for playing with, to get several different blocks depending on how you combine them. But you do need a printer that can take the thicker card weight easily.

For printing on fabric there is a class in the 'Classrooms' section learn/classrooms/ Personally rather than using freezer paper (not cheap or readily available in UK) I starch my fabric really stiff, use a large (standard page sized) label or tape the fabric to a sheet of paper using double sided tape on the leading edge & the sides.

Hope you aren't getting too much information overload.... At least it is written down so you can come back to it as often as you need to.
              it is a little much but its helpful that I can come back and read if I need too, and BTW the music may be before my time but I still know most of it, and I am a Journey and ACDC guy.

Comment

Rosemary, if you need freezer paper you can get it on amazon UK. Here's a link:
                http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_...Afreezer+paper

living in Central Denmark
                Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

Scrounging in Lorna's sewing room was pretty productive too when we visited in the summer :wink: . And since I am not much of an applique person it will probably last ages & ages.

living in Central Denmark
                  Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

I say go ahead and use kits, patterns, whatever you want. If you are happy with that, great! If you get dissatisfied with that part someday, you will have your skills down and you will know which rules to follow and which ones you can break.

Comment

You all make me feel so old with your music. Me, I was country when country wasn't cool.
                      Matt, the most important thing is to enjoy whatever you do. This is all for fun. Try it all, and you will discover what you love most in the process.

Comment

Matthew, I'm a pattern follower too. I've been quilting since 1994 and, until recently, I've never really felt the urge to go outside my little box. I love hand piecing, hand applique, and I'm a longarmer.
                        If you're interested, here's a site where you can find just about any block you'd like to make: http://www.quilterscache.com/ I use it all the time!

I've also found that taking classes is a wonderful way to learn. My guild has workshops almost every month, from either a guild member or an outside teacher.

The most important thing to do is to have fun. Allow yourself to enjoy the process and you'll never go wrong.

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
                        Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2334 users online. 245 members and 2089 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,226   Members: 25685   Active Members: 1,317  
                        Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                        X