Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Make it your own embroidery class -- ask questions here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make it your own embroidery class -- ask questions here

Please use this Topic to ask questions about the Make It Your Own Embroidery class.
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

This material is a little hard to work with but I’m happy with the results.

Comment

• Alex A. commented
      Editing a comment
      looks GREAT!

• Suzanne L. commented
      Editing a comment
      I received the only fat eighths that were left but I love the colors. Excited to be working with this group again. I agree that the fabric is hard to work with and sometimes the iron doesn't seem to be hot enough to fuse the backing. I wil give it another try today. Have fun and don't stress, right???

Barbara, Do you think you could see if Alex would post a picture on the forum of her beige colored project?
    I would like to look at it a little closer before deciding on any background. HelenW

Comment

Here you go Helen -

Comment

• Helen W. commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Alex.Your work on this project is absolutely fabulous. Love, love, love the muted background. You are the most wonderful giving person of all your knowledge and expertise.
        I have really enjoyed watching all you shows, way back to Simply Quilts. HelenW
        Last edited by Helen W.; 12-08-2021, 07:08 AM.

I have mine drawn out on paper. It's almost 9PM here and I know better than to start now. Tomorrow after work I will put the fabric together. Looking forward to this project!
      Carol in SW Michigan

Comment

I’m ready. Not sure which way will be up

Comment

Comment

• Cindy D. commented
            Editing a comment
            I guess I don't know what I am doing. The Pic and my comment are not attached together.
            Thanks for your patience.
            Cindy D.

• Ellen L. commented
            Editing a comment
            I love the colors you have here, but would probably want to use bolder colors than pastels. Black, Bronze, Dark Green, Navy.

Here it is...I ordered the pastel threads to go with this but am having second thoughts. Any input you can give would be appreciated.
          Cindy D.

Comment

Originally posted by cmd77 View Post
            I guess I don't know what I am doing. The Pic and my comment are not attached together.
            Thanks for your patience.
            Cindy D.
            Write your comment, then attach a photo, then post.

You can also Edit any post you write to add the comment part if you only post a photo. And you can always Delete your post and re-post ;it if you realize it's not done the way you want.
            Last edited by Barbara B.; 12-08-2021, 05:04 PM.
            Barbara Black
            Huntsville AL
            https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
            "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Bring on the circles
              Susan Skeel
              Des Moines Iowa

Comment

• Suzanne L. commented
                Editing a comment
                Susan I have the same fabrics in my packet, but you have been much more creative in your design. Good job. I do like making the stitches without using a hoop. Didn't think I would, but learning a new thing (again).

This is a cigar box I covered when I was in Girl Scouts in the late 50’s. Working on this project has brought back memories of other projects I have done over the years. It is filled with floss!!!

Comment

My apologies. I think I posted my question in the wrong place. I'm looking for suggestions/help with the fraying of the silk. The outer edges as well as the edges of the seam allowances are fraying and I'm concerned about adding embroidery until that's fixed. Thanks.

Comment

• Judy P. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I’ve carefully zigzagged the edges. Make sure the fusible goes to the edge.

Leah's, I would try a light weight fusible interfacing. I think the TQS kits have fabric prep that you fuse to it. I use Pellon 906 feather weight fusible interfacing. By using a stabilizer you wifi prevent the fraying and give stability to the stitches so the will not pucker or get wonky. HelenW

Comment

• leahg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you so much Helen. I appreciate it! I had already used the fabric prep from the kit before sewing patches together and still had quite a bit of fraying. I will try adding light weight fusible to the back! Thanks again!

I’m hooked! Never done this before and having a ball.

Comment

• Linda L. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Your stitching is beautiful

Could I use YLI Metallic thread?

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1233 users online. 239 members and 994 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,772   Members: 25246   Active Members: 1,500  
                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                X