X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Profile Image
    replied
    Originally posted by nhbaskets View Post

Helen, Sue does not allow posting until she released the design for sale to the general public. In November she released her 2020 BOM Chirp. It was fun to see all the various versions people had done. This is an example (not mine-but I plan to do it for my niece’s high school graduation. She loves birds!)
    Carole B,Your niece would love that super cute bird wall hanging. That person did a fabulous job of both embroidery and quilting on it.
    Just love it. HelenW

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    replied
    Originally posted by HelenW View Post

Carole B, I watched Alex Live and was so happy when she featured your Color My World. I went to Sue Spargo's website
    and went to BOM and saw the 2 she is doing Tinsel and Trade Winds. Such cute designs. I understand why she does not
    like people sharing her pattern. That is just wrong, and illegal. Wish she would let people show what they are doing. It is
    so inspirational. Does her requirement of not post your progress and picture just go for the year, is it permanently for ever and ever?
    HelenW
    Helen, Sue does not allow posting until she released the design for sale to the general public. In November she released her 2020 BOM Chirp. It was fun to see all the various versions people had done. This is an example (not mine-but I plan to do it for my niece’s high school graduation. She loves birds!)

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    replied

Thanks Helen! The Sue Spargo BOM is called Tinsel. Unfortunately, when you register for it, you have to agree to not post any photos on social media. She is very protective of her designs and does not release them for sale usually 1-3 years after the BOM.

On another note, I was surprised and honored to see [email protected] showing my quilt today on her live show. Didn't expect that when I posted photos yesterday!
    Carole B, I watched Alex Live and was so happy when she featured your Color My World. I went to Sue Spargo's website
    and went to BOM and saw the 2 she is doing Tinsel and Trade Winds. Such cute designs. I understand why she does not
    like people sharing her pattern. That is just wrong, and illegal. Wish she would let people show what they are doing. It is
    so inspirational. Does her requirement of not post your progress and picture just go for the year, is it permanently for ever and ever?
    HelenW

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    replied

What is the name of the Sue Spargo BOM? I would love it if you found some place in the forum to post your pictures as you work on it. You are such an inspiration. HelenW
    Thanks Helen! The Sue Spargo BOM is called Tinsel. Unfortunately, when you register for it, you have to agree to not post any photos on social media. She is very protective of her designs and does not release them for sale usually 1-3 years after the BOM.

On another note, I was surprised and honored to see [email protected] showing my quilt today on her live show. Didn't expect that when I posted photos yesterday!

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    replied
    Originally posted by littlestitches View Post
    where do I go to get the instructions on how to upload a picture to the forum? thx
    Use the Search the Forum box on the left. Type Uploading Photos and it will take you to the instructions I wrote July 2021

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    replied
    where do I go to get the instructions on how to upload a picture to the forum? thx

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    replied

Hi Helen. Thanks for asking! I haven’t started on this year’s BOM, but hope to at least do the center at some point. I’m working diligently to finish up last year’s quilt. Border is on and I’m working on pennies to go on it. Yesterday I came up with the vine I plan to do in my wide border. Also doing a BOM with Sue Spargo and several other long-term projects. Not enough time in the day! Here’s my quilt.
    Carole B, What a Masterpiece you have created. It is truly a treasure. Just when I was thinking it was done, you come up with something that is even more fabulous. It deserves to be in a museum, except it would be impossible to give it up. What is the name
    of the Sue Spargo BOM? I would love it if you found some place in the forum to post your pictures as you work on it. You are
    such an inspiration. HelenW

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    replied
    Carole B, I will check it out. So glad to see a post from you. Are you going to do this year's BOM?
    What have you been working on? You could post pictures under The forum topic on art quilts.
    HelenW
    Hi Helen. Thanks for asking! I haven’t started on this year’s BOM, but hope to at least do the center at some point. I’m working diligently to finish up last year’s quilt. Border is on and I’m working on pennies to go on it. Yesterday I came up with the vine I plan to do in my wide border. Also doing a BOM with Sue Spargo and several other long-term projects. Not enough time in the day! Here’s my quilt.

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    commented on 's reply
    Carole B, I will check it out. So glad to see a post from you. Are you going to do this year's BOM?
    What have you been working on? You could post pictures under The forum topic on art quilts.
    HelenW

• Profile Image
    replied
    Originally posted by egrasher View Post
    I was wondering if Alex is going to cover the Palestrina Knot. I tried to find it in the search but was unable to. I would appreciate this know being covered. Love the videos.
    Sue Spargo has a great video for this stitch at https://www.instagram.com/tv/B-Z4MUH...dium=copy_link

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    replied
    I was wondering if Alex is going to cover the Palestrina Knot. I tried to find it in the search but was unable to. I would appreciate this know being covered. Love the videos.

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    commented on 's reply
    Very lovely!

• Profile Image
    replied
    Originally posted by 1829Laguna View Post
    I am finished with embroidery. How is everyone finishing the project? Quilting? Mounting on stretched canvas?
    Laguna, I just treated mine like a quilted wall hanging. I did crosshatch quiting in the background and straight line quilting on the border. Border and binding. HelenW

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    replied
    I am finished with embroidery. How is everyone finishing the project? Quilting? Mounting on stretched canvas?

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    replied
    What is the name of the fusible that Alex had us put behind the silk fabric?

Leave a comment:

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 634 users online. 274 members and 360 guests.

Most users ever online was 7,765 at 03:22 PM on 04-08-2022.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,936   Posts: 150,065   Members: 20741   Active Members: 1,621  
Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

Working...
X