Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Spinning Spools--SHOW YOUR WORK HERE

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm preparing my applique. I'm making the leaves with a vein down the middle.

Comment

• Sue R. commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow-fantastic!

I have my shapes all cut and ready to press under, my bias for vines prepared and my borders are stitched on and waiting.
    Lower Mainland, British Columbia, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by ElaineKoehler View Post
      I have my shapes all cut and ready to press under, my bias for vines prepared and my borders are stitched on and waiting.
      Elaine, Love your organization!!! Looking great. HelenW

Comment

Originally posted by MommyG1 View Post
        I'm preparing my applique. I'm making the leaves with a vein down the middle.
        Gayle, What a creative idea to put the vine down the center and fussy cut to make the green stripes look very much like realistic leaves. HelenW

Comment

Originally posted by ElaineKoehler View Post
          Elaine, I have made a lot of quilts with applique borders. It is a whole lot harder to edge stitch all those pieces when the borders are attached to the quilt. I know it would be hard to get great looking placement without having the borders attached. I would
          consider basting the borders on. Attach all the applique except the pieces that overlap onto the quilt top. For those, use a frixion
          pen and trace the outline where it should be and give it a number. Put the number on the piece also. Take the basting out,
          do the edge stitching on all the applique on each border. Reattach to the quilt. add the few pieces that overlap and then edge stitch them. Turning
          the whole quilt to do that edge stitching on every piece is a whole lot more frustrating type work than you need to do. HelenW

Comment

• Susie W. commented
            Editing a comment
            Helen, you have made my day! I’ve been agonizing over how to stitch on my appliqués. Your suggestions are brilliant! Now I’m excited to get started! Thank you!

Got my flowers and leaves all cut. Took all day with the Cricut, but it saved my hands from having to cut all of them. I decided to do fusible appliqué for this part. I am going to have to scan all thes pages to see what cool stuff others are doing.

Comment

• Gayle B. commented
            Editing a comment
            I am stretching myself with this finished applique. I am remembering Why I prefer fusible!

Wow how did you do that. They look like real leaves!

Comment

• Linda R. commented
            Editing a comment
            This is beautiful & your quilting is lovely.

I purchased extra fabric to make my quilt larger, and added border strips. It will be gifted to my niece in a few days.

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
          That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

• jptousley commented
            Editing a comment
            Margo
            I love your quilt! I like the larger size, and the thin borders give it a very polished look. Lovely quilt!

• Acidrain commented
            Editing a comment
            The additional border is eye catching. Being a advanced beginner level, how is this additional border stitched on? Just like a regular border, with the exception it is 1.5 inches raw?

Thank you

• Paula T. commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice, is the daisy quilting an edge-to-edge; a ruler template or free motion, deciding how to quilt mine.

Originally posted by Margo View Post
          I purchased extra fabric to make my quilt larger, and added border strips. It will be gifted to my niece in a few days.
          Margo, Love the quilt and your quilting on it. The narrow border between the spools and the wide border really ties everything together nicely. IAnd piecing of the narrow border and binding really looks great. Love your personal touches to it. Your niece will
          love it. What did you use for a backing fabric and what kind of batting? HelenW

Comment

• Margo C. commented
            Editing a comment
            The backing is 108” wide unbleached muslin, which I also used for the spool ”blades” and the borders. The batting is Quilter’s Dream 80/20 Select (midlloft).

Rhondi sent this because she couldn’t upload it here. I had no trouble adding it. The black really sets off the bright fabrics.
          Barbara Black
          Huntsville AL
          https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
          "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

All done…except sewing down the appliqué. I love the way it turned out.
            Monique 
            Morrisburg, ON  Canada

Comment

• Carol M. commented
              Editing a comment
              Monique I like your scattered flowers.

Chose a black background because of how it plays so well with the bright colors. Plan to quilt negative spaces with variegated thread. Still working out how to quilt the spools.

Comment

Wow, Margo, I LOVE it with that inner border! How wide did you make it?

in Vancouver, Canada

Comment

• Margo C. commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Anne! It was cut 1-1/2”,and finished 1” wide.

Now I want to take my border off and put on an inner border! Where did I put my seam ripper?

Comment

So after many starts and rejects, I finally decided on a border. Applique just did not look right with the neck ties. It is now quilted and ready for the label which will read "Ties that Bind" . Need to work on the rest of the wording.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1027 users online. 169 members and 858 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,768   Members: 25245   Active Members: 1,507  
                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                X