Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Spinning Spools--SHOW YOUR WORK HERE

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone should have reminded me I’d have to blanket stitch all my fantasy flowers. I couldn’t help myself-they were too darn cute to create!

Comment

• SueGee commented
      Editing a comment
      WOW! Looks great.

• Elaine K. commented
      Editing a comment
      Roeberta sorry I can't make a direct comment, but thank you for commenting that you did your drafting in EQ.

• Carol M. commented
      Editing a comment
      I love your flowers!

I was finally able to work on my blocks today. All blades were machine appliquéd onto the blocks using Alex’s settings.

Comment

• Geraldine G. commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m having a terrible time posting anything to the forum. My photo won’t upload. Sorry

Originally posted by BertaKaty View Post
    Light grey print background and machine pieced curves.
    Did you draft out a different half moon so that you were able to machine piece them, rather than applique them?
    Lower Mainland, British Columbia, Canada

Comment

• Roberta A. commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I used a similar block from EQ so I could print templates. I didnt realize till later that my curve was a different size. If I had realized earlier, I would have adjusted the curve.

• Alex A. commented
      Editing a comment
      Nope I did not - I have never drafted curves before

My spool blocks stitched together, now the long wait until next Monday to start our borders
    Last edited by Elaine K.; 05-25-2021, 09:07 AM.
    Lower Mainland, British Columbia, Canada

Comment

Mission accomplished!

Comment

Originally posted by SueGee View Post
        I'd like some type of masculine border, but not sure what. What type of masculine border were you thinking about?
        SueGee, What a great tie spinning spool quilt. I have made a lot of quilts I would consider masculine. Think of the hobbies that
        come to mind when you think of men. Fishing, hunting, golfing, sports etc. Here are two pictures of ones I made that are masculine feeling. You could use panel squares in the corners like the first one, or may the pieced evergreen trees. The second is using fish swimming across the bottom border something like that would work. Also, maybe google vintage pick up trucks. There
        are lots of cute free line drawing that are easily turned into applique. Another idea if you have Ricky Tims book, you could draw a border treatment using his concept to make shape that are neither female or male, just pretty. It is not hard to do. HelenW
        Last edited by Helen W.; 05-27-2021, 07:26 AM.

Comment

• SueGee commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Helen. I decided not to do a vine. I have cut out some shapes of bears and fish and a few trees. When I have more done, I'll post a photo.

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	885075 I Found a remnant of my Dala Horse ribbon and was able to use it in three blocks to honor my Swedish Heritage and my passion for horses. Love this project, Alex!
        Barb Jansz
        <\__~
        / \ <\
        Last edited by Barbara J.; 05-27-2021, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GeriKay View Post
          I’m having a terrible time posting anything to the forum. My photo won’t upload. Sorry
          Me too. I submitted a help question, but it was not responded to. I can't post or like with my iphone. I finally borrowed a friend's laptop to post my photo.

Comment

Love this Sue!!!! Just like Christmas what goes up must come down - LOL

Comment

Originally posted by SueGee View Post
              I'd like some type of masculine border, but not sure what. What type of masculine border were you thinking about?
              Sue Gee this is not masculine but you could use almost anything that does not give a female type feel. Here is one I drew up
              using your spinning spools and just images from EQ8. Helen

Comment

Got all my fantasy flowers and vines stitched down. Glad I used a stabilizer behind all that stitching. At times, my fusibles refused to stay stuck, so more than a few pins were needed to keep things in place. I think it lends itself to echo quilting lightly around the flower shapes in the border.

Comment

I had a few issues with my points....so I added appliqué flowers.
                  Monique 
                  Morrisburg, ON  Canada

Comment

• SueGee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Great idea Monique! Hide those imperfections. LOL

JET

Comment

Decided to make quilt a little larger. I did not have a 8" square up ruler so to make my life easier my blocks are finished 9" since I had that square up ruler. Now on to the borders.

Comment

• Sue R. commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Love your adaptation to your tools on hand.

Decided to use black instead of white with scraps from my stash. Unfortunately I can’t get it rotated right now.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1089 users online. 180 members and 909 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,772   Members: 25245   Active Members: 1,507  
                    Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                    X