Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Choosing colors for the mariner's compass
    I've just gotten started on this project and have finished the first set of small buildings from stash, primarily Alison...
  • small building 2
    The background on small building 2 is going the opposite direction from small building 1. Did I do something incorrectly...
  • Foot is sticking to freezer paper
    I am using the #10C foot (Bernina) and it has started sticking to the freezer paper and causing my fabric to pucker. Are...
  • Tall buildings--show your progress here
    Please use THIS TOPIC to show off your Tall Buildings as you get them made

There is another Topic for ASKING...
  • MONTH 6--TALL BUILDING #1--Ask Questions Here
    A day early--get your Tall Buildings #1 pattern! Be sure to watch the VIDEO as well as reading the directions.
  • Photos Fixed, Fingers Crossed
    The web folks have been working to fix the photos. Let’s see if you can see all 3 of these photos, as large as you like....
  • Color My World Block 1, LATE!
    Late to the party and new to the site! I saw someone's CMW post on FB, and it inspired me to join TQS to begin this project....
  • Inset circles: The upper road and the center circle.
    I feel the frustration a few of the TQS quilters are having with the roads. I googled tips for inserting circles and found...
  • Round 5
    I finished and assembled round 5 today. Here it is. I will have to quilt heavily to make it flat. My road line makers were...
  • Out of Round
    This may have been asked before, but my small houses do not lie flat. How do I figure out if the problem is the top of...
  • Sharing our ideas...
    It is always so fun so see all the different ways that quilters go about making the quilts personal to them.
    I was...
  • Washed fabric out of alignment.
    When I washed my fabric, some of the smaller pieces were out of "alignment" by about 3 inches to the right and...
  • Trimming solid pieces for roadway
    I understand that you use the road template to trim up the pieced,black and white unit but what about the solid one? Do...
  • Bom 2021 1-5
    Greetings from Switzerland
  • My Small House Ring is 3d :(
    I sewed all the small houses together with what I thought were very accurate seam allowances! My ring is more like a squished...
  • Very confusing as to where to Post each mth
    Hi Barb, I posted my completed Mth 1-5 under what was titled "Official Month 5" Now that doesn't exist anymore....
  • My alternative way to attach the roads
    I am piecing the each piece of road to 2 houses, then sewing them together to get 4 houses. So they are pie shaped. The...
  • BOM wrinkled fabric
    Washed my fabric and it is now a wrinkled mess. I have tried using steam, wetting and Easy Press. Wrinkles are so bad it...
  • No more items.

Our Sponsors

Spinning Spools--SHOW YOUR WORK HERE

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spinning Spools--SHOW YOUR WORK HERE

Please use this Topic to show your Spinning Spools work.

Thanks!
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Getting started!!
    Laurie Hopper

Comment

• Alex A. commented
      Editing a comment
      What does it look like now?

Great idea for storing fabric strips.

Comment

• SueGee commented
      Editing a comment
      Great idea Caroline!

Here are the first blocks, made from silk ties that belonged to my dad and his brother.

Comment

• fpevle commented
      Editing a comment
      Fantastic idea!

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	884402 Designing a sewing related spinning spools wall hanging in EQ8. HelenW
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Helen W.; 05-05-2021, 11:25 AM.

Comment

• Diana W. commented
      Editing a comment
      Love it! Wish I had thought of it.

I use a pool noodle for storing strips until I need them

Comment

Name:	
Size:	679.5 KB
ID:	884446 Time to Quilt Spinning Spools redesigned in EQ8. Just having fun playing around. I have way to many projects that are not finished to take on another one, but fun to just dream. HelenW
      Last edited by Helen W.; 05-06-2021, 11:09 AM.

Comment

• Lynnanne commented
        Editing a comment
        This is adorable Helen! I might use your idea and do something similar. I, too, am discouraged with the new forum. I thought the old one worked really well. Or maybe we were just used to it so it was easier.

• Gayle J. commented
        Editing a comment
        I have this sewing machine pattern and I am going to calculate the percentage to reduce it to fit in the center. Well actually I think I will enlarge the the full little line drawing in the pattern to make it fit. I have also thought about using pencils to color in the areas to look like fabric piecing, or doing paper piecing. Love your ideas for the flowers. Do you mind if I use your idea?

• Sharon M. commented
        Editing a comment
        Was going to comment on the first one, but scrolled down and saw this. Love it!

Spools

Comment

I got my 20 blocks done the night before my foot surgery (no sewing this weekend!). As you can see in the close-up, .I used the scraps from previous blocks as strips in other blocks.

Comment

• commented
          Editing a comment
          I love love your creativity. Gorgeous!

I decided at the last minute to make Spinning Spools but only if I used fabric I already had. I found a few squares of patriotic fabric and went from there. I don't know where my border is going because I used every scrap of the patriotic fabric.

Comment

"Time to Quilt Spinning Spools redesigned in EQ8. Just having fun playing around. I have way to many projects that are not finished to take on another one, but fun to just dream. HelenW"

HelenW - I like what you have designed. It will make a great wallhanging for a sewing room. I tried to make comment on your post but it won't allow me to. I know I have used the "Like" button but I can't do that either.

Comment

• Helen W. commented
            Editing a comment
            Sandy F. Thank you. I too have been going thru a lot of frustration with the website. Sometimes it works other times nothing.
            I made the sewing machine as a Christmas gift for a quilting friend. When I saw Alex's pattern for spinning spools, it just seemed
            like a natural add on for what I did with the sewing machine. I am currently working on Color My World, still working on Afternoon Delight, and finishing up Hook Line and Sinker. So it wall probably be next fall before I play around with the design. Love being able to try out ideas in EQ8. Still have a lot to learn there too. HelenW

• Helen W. commented
            Editing a comment
            Sandy, You mentioned that you are finishing up A to Z BOM quilt. I went to the forum on it and no pictures.
            Would love to see some pictures of your quilt if you have time to do that. HelenW

Comment

I decided to use my own fabric. Some is from previous projects.

Comment

This reply by HelenW has been deleted by HelenW

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 8.49.36 AM.png
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	884480 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 8.49.36 AM.png
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	884481 Sandy F, I was looking at your patriotic spools and thought what would I do. I would probably buy a patriotic panel and put the
              spools as a border around it and display on the 4th of July. HelenW

Sandy F, When you said you were not sure what you would do with your patriotic spools, I thought they might look great if
              you got a patriotic panel and use them as a border. Would look great on the 4th of July. HelenW

Comment

• Sandy F. commented
                Editing a comment
                I had not thought of that but what a great idea. I had thought about doing red, blue and gold stars on an off white border. I need to import my blocks into my EQ and play. Like you I have many projects in progress. I'm not doing this years BOM but I am determined to finish my A-Z Ewe and Me this year. I have finished 2 Tee Shirts so far this year.

• Gayle B. commented
                Editing a comment
                This looks great! It gets me thinking.

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1203 users online. 240 members and 963 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,336 at 05:30 PM on 06-14-2021.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,734   Posts: 145,684   Members: 17339   Active Members: 2,409  
            Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Tall buildings--show your progress here
              Hi everyone, sew fun seeing everyone’s progress on the first tall bldgs. I struggled a lot on choosing the background...
            • Spinning Spools--ASK QUESTIONS HERE
              LLT, I have done preassembled flowers the way you are describing many times and it works great. I lay a piece of tear away...
              Leeanna, Sounds like a good plan to me. If you like the look of the overlap of leaves and flowers onto the quilt top, you...
              Julie, I think that would make for a darling wall hanging for your sewing area. Instead of the vines, maybe you could do...
              I am thinking about using sewing notions for the applique shapes on the Spinning Spools quilt rather than flowers-I am a...
              I am thinking of machine appliqué the vines down first then adding the flowers and leaves and applique them down next....
            • Spinning Spools--SHOW YOUR WORK HERE
              I finally got all my flowers, leaves, and dots done! I had never done finished edge applique, and decided this was the time!!...
            • Introductions
              I’m going to jump off the cliff and test the “Blog” feature of the Forum. I have been a member of The Quilt Show from...
            • Sandy's Quilting Journal
              Sandy’s Quilting Journal is about how I started quilting, what I’m working on now and what I want to accomplish in the future.
              Can the flowers be "preassembled" prior to placing them on to the vine? Maybe by stitching the Little Petal to...
              Geez. I don't know what I was counting when I posted this tally, but if the doubling of the petals big+ a little is done...
              SueGee, Your got it right. It looks great with just the multicolored narrow border and an outside border that is not wide...
              So after many starts and rejects, I finally decided on a border. Applique just did not look right with the neck ties. ...
            • No more items.

Trending

Collapse

Working...
            X