Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Spinning Spools--SHOW YOUR WORK HERE

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spinning Spools--SHOW YOUR WORK HERE

Please use this Topic to show your Spinning Spools work.

Thanks!
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Getting started!!
    Laurie Hopper

Comment

• Alex A. commented
      Editing a comment
      What does it look like now?

Great idea for storing fabric strips.

Comment

• SueGee commented
      Editing a comment
      Great idea Caroline!

Here are the first blocks, made from silk ties that belonged to my dad and his brother.

Comment

• fpevle commented
      Editing a comment
      Fantastic idea!

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	884402 Designing a sewing related spinning spools wall hanging in EQ8. HelenW
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Helen W.; 05-05-2021, 11:25 AM.

Comment

• Diana W. commented
      Editing a comment
      Love it! Wish I had thought of it.

I use a pool noodle for storing strips until I need them

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	679.5 KB
ID:	884446 Time to Quilt Spinning Spools redesigned in EQ8. Just having fun playing around. I have way to many projects that are not finished to take on another one, but fun to just dream. HelenW
      Last edited by Helen W.; 05-06-2021, 11:09 AM.

Comment

• Lynnanne commented
        Editing a comment
        This is adorable Helen! I might use your idea and do something similar. I, too, am discouraged with the new forum. I thought the old one worked really well. Or maybe we were just used to it so it was easier.

• Gayle J. commented
        Editing a comment
        I have this sewing machine pattern and I am going to calculate the percentage to reduce it to fit in the center. Well actually I think I will enlarge the the full little line drawing in the pattern to make it fit. I have also thought about using pencils to color in the areas to look like fabric piecing, or doing paper piecing. Love your ideas for the flowers. Do you mind if I use your idea?

• Sharon M. commented
        Editing a comment
        Was going to comment on the first one, but scrolled down and saw this. Love it!

Spools

Comment

I got my 20 blocks done the night before my foot surgery (no sewing this weekend!). As you can see in the close-up, .I used the scraps from previous blocks as strips in other blocks.

Comment

• Dianne B. commented
          Editing a comment
          I love love your creativity. Gorgeous!

• Georgia B. commented
          Editing a comment
          Love your work.

I decided at the last minute to make Spinning Spools but only if I used fabric I already had. I found a few squares of patriotic fabric and went from there. I don't know where my border is going because I used every scrap of the patriotic fabric.

Comment

"Time to Quilt Spinning Spools redesigned in EQ8. Just having fun playing around. I have way to many projects that are not finished to take on another one, but fun to just dream. HelenW"

HelenW - I like what you have designed. It will make a great wallhanging for a sewing room. I tried to make comment on your post but it won't allow me to. I know I have used the "Like" button but I can't do that either.

Comment

• Helen W. commented
            Editing a comment
            Sandy F. Thank you. I too have been going thru a lot of frustration with the website. Sometimes it works other times nothing.
            I made the sewing machine as a Christmas gift for a quilting friend. When I saw Alex's pattern for spinning spools, it just seemed
            like a natural add on for what I did with the sewing machine. I am currently working on Color My World, still working on Afternoon Delight, and finishing up Hook Line and Sinker. So it wall probably be next fall before I play around with the design. Love being able to try out ideas in EQ8. Still have a lot to learn there too. HelenW

• Helen W. commented
            Editing a comment
            Sandy, You mentioned that you are finishing up A to Z BOM quilt. I went to the forum on it and no pictures.
            Would love to see some pictures of your quilt if you have time to do that. HelenW

JET

Comment

I decided to use my own fabric. Some is from previous projects.
            JET

Comment

Sandy F, When you said you were not sure what you would do with your patriotic spools, I thought they might look great if
              you got a patriotic panel and use them as a border. Would look great on the 4th of July. HelenW

Comment

• Sandy F. commented
                Editing a comment
                I had not thought of that but what a great idea. I had thought about doing red, blue and gold stars on an off white border. I need to import my blocks into my EQ and play. Like you I have many projects in progress. I'm not doing this years BOM but I am determined to finish my A-Z Ewe and Me this year. I have finished 2 Tee Shirts so far this year.

• Gayle B. commented
                Editing a comment
                This looks great! It gets me thinking.

Gayle B, I played around with your idea of piecing strips. Use the pieced strips as the strips to make the blocks. I drew it in

EQ8. I went with variety of colors for the appliqué semi circles that give the spool shape. Would make for a cheerful kids quilt. Just playing around. HelenW

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1022 users online. 227 members and 795 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,768   Members: 25244   Active Members: 1,511  
              Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
              X