Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Spinning Spools--SHOW YOUR WORK HERE

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I decided to use my own fabrics, just have way too much still piled in the closet, bins, and drawers to buy more. These are my first 5 and I am really pleased with them. Fun project for sure to do.

Comment

Got my blocks finished. Have some strips left so I'm thinking about using them for a border. Looking forward to the next step.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3436a.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	318.5 KB
ID:	884513

Comment

Got my blocks done. Decided to use the ombré fabric with a few other fabrics thrown in. Looking forward to Monday.
        Monique 
        Morrisburg, ON  Canada

Comment

• Sandy F. commented
          Editing a comment
          I love your fabric selections. Your blocks are beautiful.

My spools are Kaffe and my background is Kona’s 2021 color “Horizon”. I’m going to experiment with the appliqué and my blocks may be “Singing Spools”.
        Last edited by Susanne M.; 05-08-2021, 05:23 PM.
        Susanne

Comment

• Sandy F. commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm excited, the forum is allowing me to post comments. I love your blocks.

My blocks done in batiks

Comment

• Sandy F. commented
          Editing a comment
          I love your blocks. The colors are fantastic.

"Sandy, You mentioned that you are finishing up A to Z BOM quilt. I went to the forum on it and no pictures.
        Would love to see some pictures of your quilt if you have time to do that. HelenW"

Hi HelenW, I just posted a picture on the A to Z BOM Forum of the blocks I have completed. I want to watch today's lesson before I decide how to finish the border of Spinning Spools.

Comment

Originally posted by sandytn View Post
          "Sandy, You mentioned that you are finishing up A to Z BOM quilt. I went to the forum on it and no pictures.
          Would love to see some pictures of your quilt if you have time to do that. HelenW"

Hi HelenW, I just posted a picture on the A to Z BOM Forum of the blocks I have completed. I want to watch today's lesson before I decide how to finish the border of Spinning Spools.
          Sandy, Thank you for posting your picture of A to Z BOM. Love how you changed out the S for Sunbonnet Sandy and O for
          Overall Dan in memory of your late husband and using his shirt fabric for the block. It is those kinds of special little changes that really make quilts special. It is a
          beautiful quilt. So glad you are finishing it. HelenW

Comment

Have used leftover strips that I had finally sorted and had leftover from Dee's quilt along..

Comment

• Sandy F. commented
              Editing a comment
              Your blocks are beautiful. Great use of leftover strips.

I love the look of the blocks using your own fabric. The Andover fabrics are beautiful but I love the combinations everyone has posted. I can't wait for today's lesson to see how the next step looks. I wish I could comment individually but I haven't been able to get the comment or like buttons to work yet.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	BrockSpinning16.JPG
Views:	0
Size:	738.9 KB
ID:	884596 I loved the Allison Glass fabrics too, but forced myself to use what I already have. Started with the green which is Allison Glass, then just pulled saturated colors with a stripey pattern. Love it, so fun to sew this pattern, maybe will stop here and just sew these blocks together.

Comment

Comment

Love the spot, wish I had thought of it

Comment

Originally posted by iluv2quilt2 View Post
                    I have this sewing machine pattern and I am going to calculate the percentage to reduce it to fit in the center. Well actually I think I will enlarge the the full little line drawing in the pattern to make it fit. I have also thought about using pencils to color in the areas to look like fabric piecing, or doing paper piecing. Love your ideas for the flowers. Do you mind if I use your idea?
                    Gayle J, I put suggestions up so people can use them if they like. I redrew the pattern in EQ8 changing some of the blocks in the sewing machine to block I like the best. I printed the image as a line drawing so that the machine would fit on two pages connected. I printed the line drawing on photo transfer paper and again on freezer paper. I cut the pieces from the freezer paper
                    and placed on fabric with steam a seam on the back. I placed them on the correct spot on the line drawing photo transfer and
                    fused in place. Then I edged stitched it. I gave it away as a Christmas present to a quilting friend. Can't believe I did not take a
                    picture of it. These 2 screen shots are from my EQ8. HelenW
                    Last edited by Helen W.; 05-12-2021, 06:56 AM.

Comment

• Gayle J. commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you for your response. I like your idea to fuse. Much easier. I am considering that rather than paper piecing.

Gayle, I have no idea what this website is doing to the posts on the forum. The first one I wrote is listed as spam and would not let me put the pictures in. Trying again. HelenW

Comment

I now have a plan for my blocks. I need a table runner more than I need a wall hanging so I am going to use 10 blocks to make the table runner and because I am short on most of the fabric used to make the blocks I will us my leftover 10 blocks to make patchwork stem, flower centers and petals . I think the border will be made from solid blue fabric used in blocks. Could not get full picture to load without it being cropped but you get the idea.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1013 users online. 146 members and 867 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,772   Members: 25245   Active Members: 1,507  
                      Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                      X