Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Faces

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had lots of fun doing this. I adding my favorite things, Dragonflies, Sunflowers, Turquoise, and my cat-Jack!!

Comment

I started doing faces when I took a class from Susan Edmondson. This class added to my repertoire of ideas, here is my latest. Shelisa, Goombay Goddess.

Comment

Making my face has been a great exercise in self reflection. As with so many this year, there has been sunshine and shadow. But, I am going into 2021 with my eyes wide open! I look forward in hope to sharing a cup of tea - connecting - with friends and loved ones, singing together, and being with my beloved grandchildren again. I am thankful to have had the beauties of nature - birds, garden - and my faith to sustain me.

Comment

The 2020 year is coming to an end, but still getting a few new graduates. Welcome ljsj; Msmizre, and rose1226!!! Sew glad to see you made it!!!HelenW

Comment

Finished yesterday. The quilt fabric interior sashing and on my collar is for my love of quilting. The crocheted lace on the collar is for my love of crocheting. My top and headband is in a cat pattern representing that I'm always covered in pet-fur from my two dogs and one cat. My hair is made from printed words material that represents both my love of reading and my chatty, chatty mind. I have a bow made from ribbon that include cherries (obvious reason). The dragon fly above my bow and the large butterfly upper left is in remembrance for my daughter, Leah, who died six years ago this past November. The smaller butterfly holding my gaze is for my grand-daughter, Bella. The two butterflies on my shoulder are for my grandsons, Conrad and Andrew. My bee, sunflower and heart buttons are for my son, James. The piano keys and flower made from music notations are for my love of music and my learning the piano. My flowery eyebrows represent my love for gardening. There's a crab button on one of the keyboards as I was born in July. And, my "I'm a Winner" ribbon is from my wins at the Dallas Quilt show in 2019 and 2020. On it here's an angel pin representing my mom.

Comment

My face includes some of my favorite memories. My talented mother taught me all thing needle and culinary-related. The buttons in the fabric represent my first memory stringing buttons at Grandma’s farmhouse at age 2. I grew up sewing all my Barbie clothes, my own clothes and progressed to quilting and sewing home décor. My ‘ears’ represent the popcorn that my parents grew, after which the family would gather to remove the corn from the cobs each year. Such fond family memories. I taught tatting nation-wide through a smocking association. SAGA, thus my neckline accent. My bodice fabric represents my educational profession. In reflection of our Hawaiian trip, I placed a flower behind my ear. When we moved to our present house, it included grape vines, so I now make jelly and enjoy wines-not home-made! Ooooh, and I love my Starbucks fancy iced mochas.
              I am far behind many fabulous completed faces, but I loved this project and look forward to finishing up the quilting and enjoying it. Thank you, Alex, for your unending spark of inspiration and education!

Comment

GOOD BYE 2020!!! The faces project has been a hit Alex. You nailed it!! Looking forward to birdhouses in Jan. i knew I saved those old McKenna Ryan patterns for some reason.
                She was one of my favorite applique designers from when she first started making patterns. Her birdhouses are darling, and I plan to work them into my project.
                Hope all you beautiful faces have a great start to your new year. HelenW

Comment

I finally have a face to share. I knew I would be challenged by Alex's encouragement to be less realistic and more whimsical. This is probably as far as I will take it as I don't know what I would do with a quilted final version. I have been teaching for 38 years, represented by the school house full of questions. The angels tucked among the flowers at the bottom are family members who have died. The Virgin of Guadalupe represents my love of Mexico and is in remembrance of my mother and her devout faith. The little sushi cat is a stand in for all international foods, which I love, the grapes in a glass for living in wine country and the dogwood blooms for the time I spend in graduate school in the Midwest of the US. Thank you, Alex. You are such an amazing and generous teacher. Thank you everyone for the inspiration your work has provided and thank you, Helen, for creating the graduating class of 2020. Happy 2021 to you all!

Comment

What a fun project. Saying goodbye to 2020.

Comment

BUT WAIT!!! They just keep coming!!! Extensions have been granted. You have officially graduated Faces 101 by Alex Anderson! Welcome! HelenW

Comment

Thank you, Helen, for including my face in the graduating class. Though I do not see the large photo that I sent in. Perhaps I screwed something up; I am very technologically challenged.
                        Nita

Comment

Originally posted by "NitafromNY" post=152868
                          Thank you, Helen, for including my face in the graduating class. Though I do not see the large photo that I sent in. Perhaps I screwed something up; I am very technologically challenged.
                          Nita
                          NitafromNY. You did not post in the section for faces So go to Alex Anderson Classroom Scroll down til you find the word faces that only has 1 reply. It is always best to spend a little time to make sure you are putting it in the correct place. Lots of people did like you and then Barbara Black has to move them to the correct spot. Your face turned out great. Good job! HelenW

Comment

Apparently I screwed up while trying to post my Face picture. Trying again and hoping that this time it lands in the right place.

Comment

Thanks for setting me straight, Helen.
                              So I tried to resubmit my photo in the section for Faces, but without any success. I was trying to spare Barbara Black from having to take the time to correct my mistake; Goodness knows, she has plenty of other tasks to do. Oh well ... Like I said, technology and I are always at odds.
                              Actually, this is the first time that I have participated in any Quilt Show Forum discussions. While I have been a member of TQS for several years (I LOVE it!), I have never joined in on any discussions, asked any questions or posted any photos. Maybe this aspect of TQS is not meant for me.

Comment

Nita, I fixed it.

The problem comes when the person Creates A New Topic instead of selecting the Topic already established.

Folks just need to watch where they are posting, it’s easy to not see that.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                                North Alabama, USA
                                "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2264 users online. 277 members and 1987 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,227   Members: 25688   Active Members: 1,309  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X