Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Kaffe Mystery Quilt

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I learned you have to watch which way you sew your pinwheels when putting 4 together to get them to end the way you want them....
    My pinwheels at bottom the one with the red at the very bottom has the end product I wanted. (After resewing one pinwheel.)

Comment

Is the only way to post on this forum to reply to a post? I do not see any way to post a question or comment. I just finished two blocks and used the Kaffe fabrics in the centers because I do not know how we are going to use the fabrics. Love Alex's videos so far because I am a novice quilter!

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Playing around with arrangement of the blocks

Comment

I used ‘reply to a topic’ to post, not just reply. On my thread yours looks the same, to me at least. I like the Kaffes in the middle of your blocks. I have no idea what I’m going to do with mine. I’m not used to all this color! I keep assuming I’m going to hate the results, but am trying to be hopeful. The process has been fun.

Comment

I love that you used Kaffe fabric in the centre of your block. It really jazzed things up.

Comment

I'm excited about this project, It's so out of my wheel house! I think it's like eating peanuts, you can't stop. I haven't put anything together, I want to have all the blocks completed and then arrange them. I took Alex's advice with the Kaffte blocks. I've decided to do them in 1/4 square triangles instead of just plain square blocks, This has been an amazing learning experience for me. Another bit of great advice from Alex, I watched Sally Collins video on precision piecing. There are things in her video I never knew, it is making a huge difference in the way things are going together (not always), And, this is free!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by "sunnysewsit" post=148875
                  Is the only way to post on this forum to reply to a post? I do not see any way to post a question or comment. I just finished two blocks and used the Kaffe fabrics in the centers because I do not know how we are going to use the fabrics. Love Alex's videos so far because I am a novice quilter!
                  Use Reply Topic to post on this Forum. It is right at the top of each page, just below your profile photo and Forum-Ask Your Quilting Related Questions Here-...

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                  North Alabama, USA
                  "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Sunnysewsit you have a great natural sense of color. I love these blocks.
                    Donna Carter
                    from Pine, Colorado
                    High in the Rocky Mountains

Comment

What an original layout design! I can't wait to see the finished topper - it's going to be spectacular.
                      Donna Carter
                      from Pine, Colorado
                      High in the Rocky Mountains

Comment

Thanks for the layout pictures. Very lovely and helpful. I'm continuing to play with layouts. Hoping to have some pictures of possibilities later today. Since my block are so big, pictures are a little harder. Here's a couple more blocks I've made.

Comment

Thanks for posting variations in smashing. It helped to see how different options looked

Comment

Love the star!

Comment

Trying to decide if I want to have the colors split in my pinwheels or the same. What say you?

Comment

I'm having a problem posting photos here because I take photos with my Iphone. The Photos are in IOS or Heic format. Does anyone know how to change it?

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1938 users online. 163 members and 1775 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25585   Active Members: 1,289  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

Working...
                                X