Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Kaffe Mystery Quilt

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is the block I have completed so far.
    I love using the book and the colors of the hand dye fabric is variable,but love the look it gives.

Comment

Here is the block I have completed so far.
      I love using the book and the colors of the hand dye fabric is variable,but love the look it gives.

Comment

Love this method for making flying geese
        Learning so much
        Thanks Alex
        Susan Skeel
        Des Moines Iowa

Comment

While waiting for my Kaffe fabric bundle I started practing with what I had in my stash

Comment

Ok. I'll start with an apology cause i know this has been asked a million times. I have both Synthropol and color catcher. Do i use them both at the same time when washing my Jane Sassaman HC cotton? Also, can i machine dry my fabric afterward? More to the point... is it advisable to machine dry it?
            Micky in Montana

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by "busmama13" post=148691
                Ok. I'll start with an apology cause i know this has been asked a million times. I have both Synthropol and color catcher. Do i use them both at the same time when washing my Jane Sassaman HC cotton? Also, can i machine dry my fabric afterward.
                Today Alex mentioned using both in the wash. Hand dyed fabrics can bleed a lot so if washing hand dyes you might want to use both. I use 1-2 Color Catchers depending on how saturated the colors are. She mentions separating lights/darks into two separate washes, I do that too.

Yes, you can dry fabrics in the dryer--shake them out flat, not globbed up, and take them out before bone dry--less wrinkles that way. I press them flat to finish drying them--they are almost dry when I take them from the dryer, not wet at all, hardly damp, if that makes sense.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                North Alabama, USA
                "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Beautiful! Love your center square fabric.
                  Micky in Montana

Comment

I hope that these publish...they are the inspiration Kaffe and my blocks.
                    [attachment:1]IMG_3376.JPG[/attachme

Comment

Yay! and thanks, not Beverly , but Barbara. I had to go to a new computer, and then had NO trouble. Go figure. Also, Thanks all for the suggestions. I really appreciated the "jump in" suggestions.

Comment

I am having the time of my life . This is way out of my comfort zone but it is eye opening. I’m learning a lot about color which has always been so hard for me. Thank you Alex, For taking time three days a week plus getting everything ready, to make these last few months so much fun! I have never made a mystery quilt and it is so much fun not knowing what it’s going to look like until the end!!!
                        Lynn Hupp

Comment

Alex, thanks for doing the mystery quilt series for all us homebound quilters. I've been quilting since the '70s but not taken any basic classes. What you're doing, sharing how to accurately make these basic blocks and explaining the shortcuts is fantastic. And especially during Covid, doing sessions every other day has kept me involved and learning the correct way to make 6" quilt blocks. You should be sainted!!! :lol: Here's what I've made so far using some old KF fabrics I already had.
                          Donna Carter
                          from Pine, Colorado
                          High in the Rocky Mountains

Comment

Secretagent, I love your red as a background. I think it will look terrific with the Kaffes.

Comment

I love the way Alex demonstrated flying geese today. Thank you!

Since I have three different books on blocks I just couldn't justify buying the one Alex is using even though it looks wonderful. Today when I found the Sawtooth Star block in one of my books, there was another star next to it, Sarah's Choice. It's the Sawtooth with a pinwheel for the center block. I decided to try that for my second block. I also have been liking the black fabric people have been adding, so thought I'd try that too.

Comment

I really like the sawtooth stars.
                                Lindi Overton

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1996 users online. 154 members and 1842 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

Working...
                                X