Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Kaffe Mystery Quilt

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stellar!

Comment

Have they fixed the live from today? When I tried to watch, it was only a minute or so of the end.

Comment

Donna2018 - love both settings, and the applique addition! Are those Kaffe fabrics? If not, what is it - lovely stained glass effect?

Comment

Most of the fabrics are Kaffe Fasset but I had to include some others to color it the way I wanted. The applique is not using a stained glass effect but that would be fantastic especially if the sashing was changed to black. Actually, I think it looks outlined is because I've changed my EQ8 line drawing setting to be extra dark.
          Donna Carter
          from Pine, Colorado
          High in the Rocky Mountains

Comment

I had the exact same problem with the single wedding ring block as Busmama13. I ended up splitting the difference between opposite sides but making sure I still had a quarter inch at the points. I lost a couple of points in the block but not all of them. Something is off on the measurements. Sorry ladies I think I posted in the wrong feed!
            Donna Carter
            from Pine, Colorado

Comment

bbCode:
              These pinwheels are kickin' my caboose! The video was pausing a lot today. I know we are doing a 4-pinwheel block that should end up at 6.5 inches. What is the cut size of the small pinwheels, please? Thanks in advance.
              Donna Carter
              from Pine, Colorado

Comment

Small pinwheel squares cut at 2.5”

Comment

My pinwheel block-on one of my KF fabrics

Comment

BleuRose, I got your email message, but not sure how to work that part of the forum. I did it once a long time ago, but forget the process. So I will just respond here.
                    My reason for jumping into the Kaffe Mystery quilt was for a totally different reason than most quilters here. I do not have Kaffe in my stash, but I have to admit I am
                    learning to love the color combinations and fabrics so that is an added benefit to playing this game. I got EQ8, a quilters software, a couple years ago. It has a real learning curve
                    to mastering it, and I have barely scratched the surface. It allows you to take screenshots of fabric and import the picture into the software to use like fabric. Everything
                    I have done one this project is virtual. No real fabrics, no real blocks. But it allows me to keep tweaking ideas until I get a quilt the way I love. By doing this as an EQ8
                    project and staying up with what you all are doing, it is making me work my skills of drafting blocks, doing quilt layout combinations etc. And I love the EQ8 projects
                    that Donna2018 and Diane Ross have been doing also with the Kaffe Mystery quilt. And pines is using EQ8 to make variations in the actual blocks she is making. Makes me look at the different ideas that come into peoples heads with the same goal in mind. A Mystery Quilt. I am probably the only one who is not making a physical quilt in this project, but
                    I am doing the TQS BOM 2020 and I have a number of other projects going at the same time. So the answer to your question, am I already finished. No, and it might be
                    that I will be starting to actually make a NON-mystery Kaffe quilt about the time you do finish.The non mystery is that I will know what it will look like ahead of time. Having lots of fun and learning lots of stuff. HelenW

Comment

Donna, Fabulous, fabulous quilt layout. I love the applique over the top of the plain blocks. My ability to applique in the EQ8 software is next to 0. Are these
                      ones you drafted or found as an add on software? They are perfect!!! HelenW

PS I too like like the sawtooth star better in the horizontal layout, but I would be willing to live with it to get the look this quilt has overall.
                      Is there anyway to draft a block where a center square inside the block was a horizontal sawtooth star layout when put on point. Have not thought about how to do it.

Comment

Thanks Helen. The applique blocks are from EQ8 but I modified the row of flowers and turned it and the other applique into Motifs so they could appear on the quilt in Layer 2 w/o any block borders. I learned how to do this (and a lot more) by taking online classes from Kari Schnell ( https://classes.electricquilt.com/home/online-classes/). I highly recommend them for really learning how to use EQ8.

I decided to try to make an onpoint sawtooth block and managed to do it using an 8" block. Here's what it looks like. Not as impressive as a horizontal sawtooth, but it still has the proportions correct.

Donna Carter
                        from Pine, Colorado

Comment

Love these colors Brenda! They work so well against the KF fabrics!
                          Donna Carter
                          from Pine, Colorado

Comment

Here's how it looks On-point

Donna Carter
                            from Pine, Colorado

Comment

Thanks bsdown. I thought I was losing my mind! I will probably remake the block and cut the center square 1/4" smaller.
                              Micky in Montana

Comment

After I washed the hand dyed solid fabric in cold water and hung to dry, each fat quarter measured 17 inches rather than 18 inches . Did it shrink that a whole inch ? Did anyone else have the same problem ?
                                Patty

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1988 users online. 152 members and 1836 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,173   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

Working...
                                X