Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Kaffe Mystery Quilt

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like your block colors and print! Sunny and I have discussed vie email many times about having a design wall as neither of us have wall space for one. I finally decided it was time to make a wall that I can lean against 2 tables in my basement which has worked out nicely for its purpose. I used foam board from Lowes and cotton batting. I have a small one (18" x 18") that I keep by my sewing machine so that I can put my block pieces on it to help me sew them in the right order. It has also been useful to put my Kaffe print on it to pick out the colors for my block. Thanks to everyone for sharing your blocks and lay outs and to Alex and John for their time and effort in doing the videos and making beautiful quilts start to pop up all over the place!

Comment

Well my Kaffe fabric just arrived and I’ve been auditioning the blocks with the fabrics so much fun

Comment

Here are my Golden Gate blocks--I'm always a bit surprised when I add the black background fabric to one of the blocks how it looks so bold next to the other block. I don't often do 6" squares so this has been a great chance think smaller. .

Comment

Dutchman’s Puzzle was fun. The original block is on the left and the modified block is on the right.

Comment

Design wall is small here in our summer cottage (flannel covered foam core poster). Using these colors is truly a new experience. Learning a lot.

Comment

Very nice, pines! I like them both. Julia in TX

Comment

here are two photos one based on my fabric, unfortunately there are only 2 of the fabric that are kaffe fasett, but I have not been able to find them here in Denmark, and unfortunately I did not come to Birmingham this year.
                I I love my new block book, and sewing these small blocks is fun and educational.
                My design wall is medium lining it works fine.
                Looking forward to the further course and will definitely be part of the basket quilt lover the red-white color attitude.

Comment

I LOVE these blocks...the Jane Sassaman prints are so colorful and elegant with the solids in the blocks. Good choice!

Comment

Several of the Brassica fabrics had the colors aqua green and fuchsia in them, but the solids in the kit didn't include these colors. I really wanted to include these colors. I discovered I had some Setacolor fabric paint that had these two colors. So I painted small pieces of white fabric with these two colors to use in my blocks. You can see this painted fabric in the first picture of the Single Wedding Ring and Sawtooth Star Variation.

My daughter had given me a pack of 5" squares of Kaffee Paperwieght fabric and had no idea how I would use them except maybe for eyes in a collage quilt or art quilt. Of course the colors coordinated with the colors in the Brassica, so I decided to use them in the middle squares of a few blocks. You can see three blocks like this in the second picture.

I really didn't like the dark brownish green fabric. That is an ugly fabric to me, but I wanted to challenge myself to include it. The third picture shows the Star of Hope and the New Album Block using this color. I think once the Brassica fabrics are added it will look okay. I am a little uncertain about the blue I added in the Star of Hope, but I think it will work. I have Jenny Beyer's book on color where she explains that any colors can work together if they are bridged together.

Comment

I agree with you about the colors in the hand dyes. I’m going to use some free spirit solids from my stash in the remaining blocks to liven it up a bit!

Comment

Added two blocks with red but now the Whirlwind block (red/purple/blue) looks wrong because it doesn't have any outer white pieces. Just FYI, I HATE to write in books so I use sticky notes next to the cutting instructions for color and size notes.

Comment

Trying to get my color balance, do you see colors I need more of?

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Your blocks look beautiful, Judy. Maybe another one with the dark orange? Karen

Comment

My Whirlwind block has the same problem. It doesn't look like it belongs, even though I like the color combo. very much. I am going to wait to see if I can fit it in, but might just make another block with the same colors, just in case.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2649 users online. 374 members and 2275 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,226   Members: 25685   Active Members: 1,313  
                                Welcome to our newest member, lanaderay lanaderay-lanaderay0011.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X