Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Laura Nownes

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terrie, I love your quilt--the oranges and reds look so delicious against the white!!! Glad you were able to get the technical problem with posting a photo fixed--I want to see more of your pretties!!!

Comment

Beautiful blocks, Terrie!

Interesting that you can't use IE. I guess I lucked out because I recently switched to FireFox because it was playing the craftsy.com videos better. And I noticed today on steponpins.com a note that says we can't upload our class homework pictures using IE, but should use FireFox instead. So it looks like a lot of Web sites are having trouble with IE. Glad you are back because I love the picture!! Looking forward to the update with your current progress...

Nancy

Comment

I've given up on IE ages ago. To work on our website at the office we need to use Firefox, for everything else I use google chrome.
        Lotti, Kuessnacht - Switzerland

Comment

Marilyn, your quilt top looks great, the red binding will be the perfec finishing touch

Terrie, so glad you were able to upload the photo. Love your fabric colors, your blocks look grate! I also prefer Firefox over IE.
          Lotti, Kuessnacht - Switzerland

Comment

Marilyn and Terri, your quilts are beautiful and it is a great learning experience to see how different the same quilt can look in different fabrics and how it can be changed by adding or not adding sashing and borders and move a few blocks around. I have learned and am learning so much from this class and the forum.
            Sadly I have to take a couple or 3 weeks off from sewing my blocks as my elbow is playing up and I have apparently got RSI from cutting with the rotary cutter! Even typing hurts so I am only using one hand. I am soooooo annoyed and bored but I have brought it on myself so can't really complain
            Marianne

Comment

So sorry about your elbow Marianne hope you get better soon. Have you considered a cutter, like accuquilt? Or an ergonomic rotary cutter like Martinnelli's? Here's a link http://www.martellicatalog.com/mm5/m...tegory_Code=RC

Comment

Really sorry to hear about your elbow, Marianne, you must have been really smokin' with your cutter this last month :wink:
                Truecut do a similar cutter to the one Limbania linked you to, and I saw them for sale whilst at GNQS in Harrogate at the beginning of the month, so I know they are in UK, but it was priced at £22, which put me off I must admit.

Comment

Marilyn I love your quilt. The sashing and cornerstones are great - I was wishing that I had done cornerstones the minute I tried to attach the long sashing to the block. :roll: I think your border fabric is really lovely.

Terri, your photo was worth waiting for. Your blocks are really beautiful. So light and fresh. Glad you got that sorted out. And good to know that firefox worked. I use safari and so far I have had no problems but I do have firefox on my desktop just in case.

Marianne, so sorry to hear about your elbow. Have you tried alternating hot and cold compresses every 10 minutes? It should help to relieve the inflammation. And a couple of Nurofen Plus. I have, and do suffer with it myself from time to time and that usually does the trick. Hope yours disappears real soon.

Comment

Hope you get better quickly, Marianne!

Comment

Rita, Renata, Limbania and Rosemary,
                      Thank you for your kind words. Although I have the ergonomic cutter from Olfa which has helped the neck pain I used to get when using the ordinary Olfa cutter it is obviously not as good as I thought. The Martelli cutter looks interesting and I found the Truecut cutter at Jaycotts for £ 20. Although expensive it is much, much cheaper than getting a Baby GO cutter let alone the big Go. I sadly don't know anybody who has one these machines so I could ask to borrow it and I did find some of the dies for piecing give funny finished sizes or maybe it is just me doing the most basic blocks possible so most of the dies are not in "my size".
                      I hope a good rest will help improve things and I have been using cold packs but not tried alternating between hot and cold. I will give that a go and will be back to piecing asap so I can get my sampler top finished. Meanwhile I will watch old TQS shows and Eleanor Burns videos
                      Marianne

Comment

Eleanor Burns videos and TQS shows sound like a great temporary alternative. Wish you a speedy recovery, Marianne. I am sure you must be chomping at the bit to get back to your quilting. Hang in there!

Comment

The eye candy on this thread is scrumptious!

in 'Yes, I Know the Way to San Jose...', California, USA

Comment

Originally posted by Marianne-is-sewing
                            Rita, Renata, Limbania and Rosemary,
                            Thank you for your kind words. Although I have the ergonomic cutter from Olfa which has helped the neck pain I used to get when using the ordinary Olfa cutter it is obviously not as good as I thought. The Martelli cutter looks interesting and I found the Truecut cutter at Jaycotts for £ 20. Although expensive it is much, much cheaper than getting a Baby GO cutter let alone the big Go. I sadly don't know anybody who has one these machines so I could ask to borrow it and I did find some of the dies for piecing give funny finished sizes or maybe it is just me doing the most basic blocks possible so most of the dies are not in "my size".
                            I hope a good rest will help improve things and I have been using cold packs but not tried alternating between hot and cold. I will give that a go and will be back to piecing asap so I can get my sampler top finished. Meanwhile I will watch old TQS shows and Eleanor Burns videos
                            Marianne
                            I hope you find a solution that works for you! (And I wish I had other suggestions for you to try, but I just don't know anything about it.) But I feel your pain and look forward to seeing your progress when you are feeling better.

Nancy

Comment

Marianne - a thought occurs, is your cutting table a good height for your body dimensions? this might be a possible source of you problems, also are you standing in a draught - I know that that can give neckache whilst working.

Comment

Yeah Terrie! Glad you kept trying so we could see this happy quilt.

Marilyn--that quilt is amazing when you take into consideration that it is less that 2 feet square. Well done.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2212 users online. 283 members and 1929 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25589   Active Members: 1,301  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X