Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Laura Nownes

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rita, Your quilt is lovely. Even though you had a cool, cloudy and very damp summer you managed to get lots of warmth and sunshine into that quilt.

Comment

You're right Lois it's beautiful

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Thanks ladies. Lois we are having our summer now, beautiful sunny skies for the past week and lovely temperature too 20ºC+. I had thought I would put a green border on the quilt - it's just as well I didn't have enough fabric to do it.

Comment

Limbania - Your blocks look perfect! I love the centers!

Rita - Wow!! Your quilt is so beautiful! I love the colors. They are so pretty and soothing. Can't wait to see the quilting!!

Nancy

Comment

Rita, your quilt is fabulous! You all are making it hard to keep up, and I'm not going to finish my quilt until after the Philly show next week, but I did finish my all scrap tote bag (so I have something to haul my loot back home with. :lol: :lol: :lol: ) Here's one view of it with the extender top tucked in:

And here is the other side with the extender pulled up

I got the idea from Nancy Zieman's "Innovative Bags and Totes". I'm going to have to make my DIL one after I get back.

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14
            Betty Jo

Comment

BJ - Love your bag! The colors are wonderful. I love making bags, but have so many other projects that I haven't made one for a while. I hope you'll share your loot with us, too!

Nancy

Comment

Thanks Nancy and BJ. I really don't know what to do for the quilting but I think the borders are saying 'feathers' to me. Scary. :shock: I should probably do that Cindy Needham class on craftsy.com first though.

BJ your tote bag is fabulous. I love the extendible top - you will need that extension I am sure. :lol:

Comment

Annis and Rita ,Such beautiful colors and quilts.Looking forward to seeing your wonderful quilting too. BJ I hope you have a great time at the show and stuff that beautiful bag full of goodies.

Comment

You are all creating amazing things. It's hard to catch up with everything. I appreciate that you are all sharing

living in Central Denmark
                    Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

Limbania - great stars, and wonderful tip about using those rulers, I have the Easy angle ruler, but not the Companion angle ruler - Hey Marianne, between us we should be ok, and we are both in the same country! 8)

Rita - a great looking quilt top, and the log cabins are great in the outer corners

BJ - love your new bag, and the extension idea is a good one :wink: Just hope you can pick it up once it is filled with goodies....

I was working on my sashing yesterday for the mini's in the centre - aagggh! there is no ease available at that size, what so ever.... I have managed to cut all my green border(s) pieces, without any major problems - phew, but think that I will just run short of the white background fabric - fortunately I know that I will be able to get more from Empress Mills, but it is really frustrating to not be able to get all the pieces cut & ready to stitch. :roll:

Back at school this week and the sun has been splitting the trees since it opened...

Comment

Rita, your quilt is lovely. Love the soothing, calming color of your fabrics and the border adds a bit of "crispness" to it like a sunrise on a fall morning.

BJ, that's a great bag! Have fun filling it up and then share what you got in it :wink:

Yeah Rosmary! Not fun to run out of fabric but, at least you can get more of it

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
                          Thanks Nancy and BJ. I really don't know what to do for the quilting but I think the borders are saying 'feathers' to me. Scary. :shock: I should probably do that Cindy Needham class on craftsy.com first though. :lol:

Rita and every body else, if you've never signed up for a class at the craftsy website, today they're offering a free class here http://www.craftsy.com/clp/free-class-day-2012 there are a couple of quilting classes : Art Quits 101, Scrap Quilting with Pepper Cory and some others.

Comment

Limbania, I went to check out the site and it says the class is free but when I tried to sign up for it it said it was $19.99. Did you try to sign up for one of them, and if you did, were you successful?

Comment

Same problem here !

Comment

Big Bernie is home from the "hospital" Had a tune -up , comp. up-date and a new bobbin sensor !
                                Hope that takes care of her bad conduct !! Haven't had time to sew, tho as garden is perking along.
                                Canning green beans and tomatoes and trying to figure out how many new ways to fix zuchinni ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
                                takes a lot of time !
                                Here's the sashing laid out and a possible candidate for a border...that is red not orange ! Will be very
                                narrow. Maybe sewing tomarrow .

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2282 users online. 239 members and 2043 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25587   Active Members: 1,297  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X