Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Laura Nownes

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Renata
    Thank you, Marilyn! Rita, easy-peasy ONLY because I agonized to get perfect 6 1/2" squares before putting the pieces together. I'm sure this is the first and last time sashing will be easy. I found one set of squares side-by-side that were off by a bit when sewn together, and I ripped a little bit of the seam to straighten it so the sashing would be right. BJ, you made a bag for next week, how about new clothes for the Philadelphia Extravaganza? I'll be wearing my classic black dockers or jeans... whatever I'm most comfortable taking a class in (oh, gosh... that would be pajamas! :roll: :lol: :roll: ).
    How about making some silk pyjamas to wear then?

Comment

Thank you, Marilyn! Rita, easy-peasy ONLY because I agonized to get perfect 6 1/2" squares before putting the pieces together. I'm sure this is the first and last time sashing will be easy. I found one set of squares side-by-side that were off by a bit when sewn together, and I ripped a little bit of the seam to straighten it so the sashing would be right. BJ, you made a bag for next week, how about new clothes for the Philadelphia Extravaganza? I'll be wearing my classic black dockers or jeans... whatever I'm most comfortable taking a class in (oh, gosh... that would be pajamas! :roll: :lol: :roll: ).
      I'll be wearing black jeans and comfy shoes, and whatever is comfortable to go with that to class (but perhaps not pjs unless they are silk :lol: )--though I did make a couple of things earlier this year for the summer. Afterall, I just retired and lost 35 pounds, so I really have had to hustle to get ANYTHING together to wear ANYWHERE. :lol: :lol: :lol: When we get back I have to make a few fall and winter things here and there, though I'm still trying to lose--have a long ways to go though. Thank GOODNESS for black jeans...anything goes with them. G-Street accepted my workshop at the Sully store "sometime" in the winter session, so I HAVE to have something arty and comfy to wear there. :shock:

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14
      Betty Jo

Comment

Originally posted by PosyP
        :lol: :lol: :lol:
        If I only knew how... :idea: Ma...!

Comment

Originally posted by PosyP
          :lol: :lol: :lol:
          If I only knew how... :idea: Ma...!
          Renata, I'll teach you how if you really want to know.

Betty Jo

Comment

Originally posted by Sewdreamy
            I'd love to learn! Somehow, I think I can get the sewing part just from having grown up around my mom and the work she did. It's the pattern design/alteration that still stumps me. I get the principles of how adjustments are supposed to be made, I just get jumbled up in doing it... does that make sense? We'll talk on the way to Philly!

Comment

Makes perfect sense. Looking forward to our trip. Wish the rest of the gang was going to be there too.

Betty Jo

Comment

Congratulations on the workshop Betty Jo, what are you teaching ?

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Originally posted by Sewdreamy
                  I'd love to learn! Somehow, I think I can get the sewing part just from having grown up around my mom and the work she did. It's the pattern design/alteration that still stumps me. I get the principles of how adjustments are supposed to be made, I just get jumbled up in doing it... does that make sense? We'll talk on the way to Philly!
                  the trouser part should be dead simple - something like this would do 2 pieces of fabric and a length of elastic, Simples 8)

pattern amended for comfort

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Lovely Rosemary, how did you do that so fast? I will keep that myself for future reference.
                    (Pst, Renata, be careful, it looks like that might be her culotte pattern. If Rosemary offers you some left-over fabric with frogs on....) :lol:

Comment

Here's my daughter's quilt that I finished the quilting on yesterday. Got the binding and label done last night. She just used two fabrics from Ikea on the front and also Ikea unbleached cotton on the back. She did all the cutting, piecing and SID and I did the FMQ.

It is very hard to get a photo that shows the stitching on black fabric.
                      Here are a couple of photos from the back so you can get an idea of what I did. The white fabric had lots of leaves, birds and seed pods so I went with those ideas. There was also a heart-shaped leaf so that was the inspiration for the blocks.

Now back to the sampler and an AAQI quilt. (Please note, yet another day with a blue sky here in Ireland. What is the world coming to. :roll: )

Comment

What a great quilt--first time, eh? Rita, your daughter did a wonderful job and your FMQ is so delightful--goes so well with the fabric she chose.

Rosemary, that is simpler than I thought it would be... by golly, I think I could do it! Rita mentioned it, in jest, I'm sure, but I thought it a great idea: your frog fabric for my PJ pants! I love it!

Comment

Rita - Your daughter's quilt looks lovely! I love the clean, crisp colors and her piecing looks perfect. And your quilting is wonderful! That's quite a large quilt. I can't believe how quickly you quilted it! And it all looks wonderful!

Comment

Actually coming back to that pj pattern I would add an extra 1 1/2" to the waist to seat measurement - there is nothing worse than having the crotch seam too short :shock: (I've now re-posted the diagram with the up-date, so re save the picture, if you have done so already)
                            This is an extremely loose fitting garment, if in doubt cut it a bit looser, you can always take the seams in. If you actually find that it comes out too tight width ways, cut down the fold (on the outside leg) and add an extra strip of (different) fabric as a design feature :wink: 8) After the first tryout, tweak as necessary for your figure & comfort. And if all else fails - just keep moving, nobody will notice :lol:

Renata this is all I have left of the frog fabric - including paper tissue stuck on when it got left in the pockets when they were washed one time :P Could be a bit of a problem getting a pair for you... but we might manage something for Flat Rita :wink:

Rita your quilting is brill! love how you got all the designs joined up 8)

Comment

Rita, You and your daughter did a great job on that quilt. Has she been properly bitten by the quilting bug? I hope so!

With all the monkeying around I've done with colors an adding more blocks to my quilt I managed to run out of fabric I was using for the angled sashing. I managed to find more online and after I check with my LQS later this morning I will order more. I was going in two directions with the colors so now I will work with the others for a while until I replenish my stash for the other one. Pictures to follow.

Comment

Originally posted by twiglet
                                Congratulations on the workshop Betty Jo, what are you teaching ?
                                I almost missed your note. Thanks! I am teaching my first ever art quilting workshop:

"Make a small pictorial art quilt from fabric and thread with a landscape pieced background and an appliqued animal or bird, rocks, trees, and plants in the forefront. Provides information on fabric selection, piecing backgrounds, multiple applique methods, and quilting for landscape texture. Three sessions--one hour intro session and two four hour sessions. This workshop will be first presented at G-Street Fabrics in Centreville, Virginia during the winter session of classes. Time TBD" here's a link on my blog that shows the little sample I made:

http://blog.bjfabricartist.com/2012/...shed-duck.aspx

I've experience in teaching but not this kind of class. So I'm a little nervous but excited. :shock:

Betty Jo

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1964 users online. 151 members and 1813 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25584   Active Members: 1,288  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X