Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Laura Nownes

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It'll be great BJ. Just remember the people coming to take the class do this as a hobby, it's meant to be fun. Wish I could pop over for it.

Comment

Rita, nothing would please me more than to have your cheerful self in my class. You could make faces at me when I say things wrong :shock: :evil: :roll: and cheer me on when I'm right. Plus you could make a duck or a fox or something. :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14
      Betty Jo

Comment

Thanks, Rosemary, on the updated info. Will have to make them after Philly because you know how meticulous I am about cutting and sewing... the PJs would never get done in time. :roll:

Comment

Thanks for the compliments! Once I had figured out how to make the designs continuous it was a breeze - particularly with the SID work done already. The thing that took a while was figuring out which designs to use and then practicing them on paper first. Once I had it firmly fixed in my brain and hands I was able to power ahead. I literally drew diagonal lines through the blocks and then FMQ'd the hearts. The seed pods in the white I just guesstimated. And then the black border I just did a straight line which I then guesstimated the distances for each of the seed-pods too. It's a little off here and there but the people who are receiving this quilt will never notice, I hope.

Lois, my daughter is not ready for the full quilting journey yet but she did thank me this morning for teaching her how to make 4-patches and helping her get over her fear of using a sewing machine. The seed is sewn. She is thrilled with the quilt.

BJ, I think I would go for a sheep or a cow in a field (that's what we have a lot of around here :lol: ). I will be cheering you on in spirit.

Comment

Rita - Your quilting designs are very organic, so there should be some variations in placement. It's just like nature!

Nancy

Comment

BJ - sounds like I would really benefit from taking your class. Maybe someday you'll have on-line classes. Our guild is doing a river-scape, where each person will create a small landscape quilt which has to include a given blue fabric, which will represent the river. The St Lawrence River, which runs through Quebec. Once finished they will all be joined together where the 'river' pieces join ( at least 2 " on each side of the square). One of our members saw something similar for a river in Oregon, and so thought it would be neat to see our river. I think it's called " A River Runs Through It".

I took some of the fabric, although I have never made anything artsy in the quilting realm, so this will be great to stretch my comfort zone. :roll:

Rita! - 20 of our members are going to make a trip to Ireland next year and of course, include the 2nd Annual Irish Quilt Show. Wish I could go, but I'll send some hugs along.

Comment

Give them all a flat Rita to hold and she'll find them.

BJ that's a great class. Hope it all goes well, wish I could be there to learn from you

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Rita, you and your daughter made a really beautiful quilt.

BJ, I like your little duck quilt. Lucky students

living in Central Denmark
                  Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

[quote="twiglet"]Give them all a flat Rita to hold and she'll find them.

LOL great idea!

living in Central Denmark
                    Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

Hey Terrie, that's great news. Tell them to bring rain macs.

Comment

Originally posted by crocus999
                        BJ - sounds like I would really benefit from taking your class. Maybe someday you'll have on-line classes. Our guild is doing a river-scape, where each person will create a small landscape quilt which has to include a given blue fabric, which will represent the river. The St Lawrence River, which runs through Quebec. Once finished they will all be joined together where the 'river' pieces join ( at least 2 " on each side of the square). One of our members saw something similar for a river in Oregon, and so thought it would be neat to see our river. I think it's called " A River Runs Through It".

I took some of the fabric, although I have never made anything artsy in the quilting realm, so this will be great to stretch my comfort zone. :roll:

Rita! - 20 of our members are going to make a trip to Ireland next year and of course, include the 2nd Annual Irish Quilt Show. Wish I could go, but I'll send some hugs along.
                        Terrie, I wish you were here to take it too! I am thinking of an online class...perhaps next year I can pull one together. I don't have video equipment at this time and I think that is helpful. I will talk it over with my technical support (my sons and DIL ). But I am sure you will be able to do this river scape. Wish I could go to Ireland too.

Betty Jo

Comment

In fact, I wish I could have all of you there, and you could teach me back. :lol:

Betty Jo

Comment

Rita, I love your daughter's quilt.

Betty Jo

Comment

Here's my finished top. Since my design wall is packed away I took the picture with it on the floor. If the ladder had been taller and my arms longer I could have gotten it more square.

I sewed the blocks together in a hurry so didn't get perfect points, although they're close enough. I decided not to do any unsewing until I accidentally sewed through 3 layers. The block on the right got caught in the seam. I believe I unsewed one more time but that was it. The narrow borders are mitered because of that one way background fabric and I used fussy cut corner squares on the outer borders.

My backing, binding, and crumb catcher are prepared. I put strips of the sunflower print that was originally going to be the borders between strips of the leaf print. I'm not sure when it will get quilted. I could do the SID and let Rita do the FMQ if she lived closer!! The quilt sandwiches I made a couple months ago for practicing FMQ haven't been touched yet. At least I have good intentions.

Comment

Great top Annis!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2279 users online. 233 members and 2046 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25586   Active Members: 1,296  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X