Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Laura Nownes

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a great day in our sewing rooms far and wide. Congratulations on all our accomplishments. Rosemary, you were a whirling dervish. Hope we see a picture of you in that skirt. Nancy I love your blocks. BJ, you are far to critical of you QST's and the birds are lovely. Wendy, the stars with stars are adorable. I hope I didn't miss anyone. BTW the coffee stains are fading on my white woolen lap robe. It was awful looking. A whole cup of coffee got spilled on it. I will soak it for as long as it takes. It is no good to me the way it looks now. So I seem to be having some success in the laundry too. Have a great weekend everyone.

Comment

Everyone's blocks are looking great and you are all giving lots of good advice. I didn't get to sew any this week, but I did sew all last weekend so my top is finished. This weekend will be family time so no sewing will be done. That bird fabric reminded me of the state bird and flower quilt I started in 2004 and thought I'd have finished long before now. I don't think I've done any work on it since 2004 but I've pulled the blocks out and looked at them occasionally. The alternate pieced blocks are going to have fussy cut birds hand appliqued on them. And I wanted to do some trapunto. That may be why it isn't finished. I hope to finish it before my grandkids get much older. Maybe next year.

Comment

I didn't know it was a sew along today, but I'm impressed with what everybody's done. Lois, you deserve a medal for perseverance, reminds me of a gal I know who took Pure Science for four years because she wanted to be a doctor, but after failing four years in a row, she reluctantly chose another career. You're gonna get it done, gal! You are a really tenacious lady. That's great. ( But I imagine not so much when/if you're in a bad mood), but I think that's probably rarely!

I also sewed today, got the stars made, and the log cabins, and then notice I used the wrong ruler for the strips, and then figured I just increase the size of the following logs, which wasn' t too too bad, but I didn't like the center, so I re-did them again, and this time used the right measurements, but put the two lights on right after each other, instead of a light, then a dark. I think I'm running out of that fabric, but I love it. Whine Whine....wine? I was beginning to think that I was just breezing through this sampler without any glitches, and then the simple log cabins bit me! Now, I not sure if I even like it that much.
        It will be neat to see the show and tell after all this work. It sure has been fun!

All you Brits have a great show, so glad you've got a new skirt, Lorchen, or is it Rosemary? I just can't keep up with you gals.

Have a fun weekend. I'm going to google lemoncello becasue I just have a hint of what it is, based on who's talking about it. :lol: I wonder if we have it here?

Comment

Here's a photo of the wall quilt I made for my parents 60th anniversary. There is a heart/leaf for each member of the family with their name on it. I got the free pattern from the internet.

Comment

LOVE your wall quilt Rita!
            Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

Rita, What a treasure you have made for your parents! It looks happy. Wish them the best from me! I am so glad you were able to get it done for the special day!

Comment

WOW !

Comment

Rita, it's amazing. It will be a real blessing to them, and they'll cherish it forever.

Comment

Rita, Just delightful.

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14
                    Betty Jo

Comment

Rita, your quilt is beautiful, such vibrant, living colors on a tree of life full of hearts and warmth and stepping back it also reminds me of a circle, the circle of life... I know your parents will adore this gift and cherish it!

Wendy was going to keep me company yesterday after my guests left and I ended up not appearing with my sewing machine. I missed out on a great day but thought of it a lot while busy. You really did have an amazing time--great dialogue and pictures of progress! My guests did not leave when they planned to, I had an errand to do before sewing and when I came back, I knew I needed a 20 minute cat nap and did so... but DH believed I needed more so he did not wake me up and it was then 8:00 pm when I woke up on my own... I was surprised and shocked that I was down for that long! Dinner was a simple lunch of locally made salame, mozzarella di bufala, cerignola olives (in other words, whatever was left over in the refrigerator), along with rosemary flavored olive oil tortas made by a company in Spain. I then turned around and went right back to sleep until 9:30 this morning... I am ready to sew... hope there is still someone out there...

So sorry, Wendy, to have let you down... I never expected my day to turn out the way it did, but I am so glad that you and so many others had such a great time, I'm a little envious too... :mrgreen:

Comment

Rita - Your wallhanging is simply stunning! Your parents will be so thrilled!! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Nancy

Comment

Renata, I am having a sew day again today and preparing for our PA trip. I hope to get my little quilt top together and am making a tote bag to take with me. Hope others will join us in fun again today!

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14
                          Betty Jo

Comment

My iron is heating up as I am on this thread... yeah, I get a reprieve and second chance!

Comment

Thanks for all your kind comments. I'll let you know how they felt about it. I wish I could join you today Renata but remedial housework has been the order of the day today and then the celebratory dinner tonight with all the family.

Comment

I'm pushing off remedial housework by one or two more days... , got my beauty rest but now have to sew! Rita, have a wonderful evening with your family and please pass on our good wishes to your parents, may you enjoy many more anniversary dinners together with love, laughter, good company, good food!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2272 users online. 231 members and 2041 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25586   Active Members: 1,296  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X