Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Laura Nownes

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wendy - love your fabrics. It's going to be a really sweet baby quilt

Nancy - your blocks are awesome! :mrgreen:

Comment

Nancy, I am loving your settings too! How we push one another to want to try new things! :mrgreen: There's an argument going on inside my head. One side of my brain is saying "keep it simple (stupid)" while the other is saying "why are you going to set those blocks the same old way you've always set blocks". :?

Comment

Originally posted by loise98
        Nancy, I am loving your settings too! How we push one another to want to try new things! :mrgreen: There's an argument going on inside my head. One side of my brain is saying "keep it simple (stupid)" while the other is saying "why are you going to set those blocks the same old way you've always set blocks". :?
        Hi Lois - I figured I've made these blocks several times already and feel comfortable with them (even though I might be a bit sloppy), so, in order to join this great group but still keep myself excited, I had to look at the setting. The nice thing about setting decisions is that you don't have to decide until you are ready to put your blocks together so you can keep thinking about it.

Nancy

Comment

that's true but for me the challenge is going to be the quilting and I hope to try out some of the stuff I've been learning lately.

What inspired you to come up with the beautiful red and those black shades? It looks so good 8)

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Nancy,
            My thoughts also! I want to push beyond predictable... :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by rehak
              Originally posted by loise98
              Hi Lois - I figured I've made these blocks several times already and feel comfortable with them (even though I might be a bit sloppy), so, in order to join this great group but still keep myself excited, I had to look at the setting. The nice thing about setting decisions is that you don't have to decide until you are ready to put your blocks together so you can keep thinking about it.

Nancy
              That's right. I don't have to decide right now. I have some time to think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by twiglet
                What inspired you to come up with the beautiful red and those black shades? It looks so good 8)
                The color decision started with the fabric. I picked up a luscious fat quarter pack from Sew Batik at Quilt Colorado that had the red and black batiks. I loved them so much after washing them and fondling them at home, that I picked up 1/2 cuts from the Sew Batik booth in Long Beach. It seemed like the perfect fabric for this quilt! I think I can still call them stash fabrics since I bought them for the stash, not for this quilt, and I'm adding other red/black batiks that I already had and, of course, the black and white novelty fabrics of the frame.

Nancy

Comment

Again I've been gone for a few days… house guest just left--my college classmate from almost 40 years ago… she is a soil scientist who maps large expanses of county soils and works with farming communities on a variety of issues. We had a great time, but I missed out on lots of Forum threads so I am busy catching up now…

Limbania, it looks like there is a small entourage of us gathering around Lois to transform wasted fabric into treasures… so welcome aboard the bandwagon. I really like how Lois put it and she certainly changed my outlook. I got over my fear of making a wrong cut by purchasing an extra 1/4 yard beyond what I need, if it's a fabric I'm buying for a specific project. I have, on several occasions, cut and then said, "oh… x@!!" but now I just throw that wrong strip into my pineapple quilt bin to be made into a 1 1/2" strip and I still have extra to correct with. BTW, I like your DD's name, Renatta, and I've seen Renata turned into Reneitta and a few other interesting interpretations, but as long as you don't call me "late for lunch," I will answer to almost anything… no problem!

Lorchen, you chose my little quilt! I am so happy and your contribution to the Alzheimer's Foundation is so important. I just hope you're not too disappointed when you get it. Remember, I had never quilted anything but practice squares and I definitely did not know what I was doing with micro-stippling; I did do my best, but you really do deserve better, Lorchen!!!

Terrie, you're too funny! Having that stash at home is going to be good for this sampler and maybe your next project. Maybe you can commit to shopping your stash exclusively for the next little project you undertake and that will FULLY justify your little $70.00 excursion this time…

Nancy, I LOVE what you did with reds and greys… in fact, I saved your picture in my little inspiration book… it's going to be a while before I figure out how you did it, though…

Wendy, I love your baby quilt sampler… definitely a great idea if I have to come up with something quickly after I learn these blocks, and like you, for me the challenge will be the quilting…

Comment

Okay, I got a little confused and in my fear of getting behind, I actually got ahead. So, my "pinwheel" blocks are now finished:

I realize that some of my blocks are not actual pinwheels, but they are made with the same units and provided more of the variety that I like, so I went my own way.

I don't want to get ahead of everyone, so I'll wait for the week 3 video to be posted before I start on those blocks. I guess this gives me a little more than a week to work on other stuff....

Nancy

Comment

Nancy, that's really cool. And here I've been sitting on myself to keep from getting ahead. :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14
                      Betty Jo

Comment

:roll: Ok...here are my 1/2 size 9-patches. Don't look like much...I'm using scraps from my Civil War project .
                        Going for old-fashioned doll quilt....

Comment

Beautiful Marilyn

Nancy you rebel :lol:

Comment

Wow Nancy - these are really looking interesting - kind of like a mixture between week 2 and 3.

Marilyn, love the checkerboard with the civil war repros.

Comment

Originally posted by twiglet
                              Beautiful Marilyn

Nancy you rebel :lol:
                              Marilyn, Nice blocks! Wendy, you make me laught. Great way to start my day!

Comment

Beautiful, Marilyn!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2228 users online. 221 members and 2007 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25586   Active Members: 1,296  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X