Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Laura Nownes

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

learn/classrooms/

Watched it all last night

Nonnie

Comment

Anna, were you able to watch all the videos?

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
      That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

I did try to watch the video last week but the link did not work for a basic membership; I posted a comment along with others and it appears that all those comments have been removed. The link did work tonite for a basic member as advertised in the email I received. I watched all the videos tonite and hopefully the future ones will work as well.

Comment

Margo, I was surprised too, but it's not the lessons that are opened up. It's all the additional videos about the stuff a beginner needs to know. I think Laura does a great job

living in Central Denmark
          Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

Yes, the introduction and all of the "resource guide" videos are working and provide great info for newbies!
            I was wondering if Anna had figured some way to view the videos that are scheduled to open later.
            Lesson one (9-patch blocks) is open earlier than the posted date of July 31.

Comment

NO .... I just watched the shows that were opened and had posted... not the ones that have a later date scheduled.

I think they will get it fixed and ready for everyone.

Anna

Comment

Renata I just read through this thread and I must say that I was always re-inventing the wheel with any quilting I did before TQS. I am amazed at how much I have learned in the past year and a quarter! I would like to do the Laura Nownes sampler too but I really feel that I should get going on my Spools quilt. (Still don't have a background fabric that I am happy with.) Guess I will end up doing both.

Comment

Rita, I'm looking at the Laura Nownes class as no more than an hour per week (four squares), good learning of the basics for me since I skipped the basics and slugged along with the hard stuff a year and a half ago for fear of getting bored too quickly... :lol: (which in the end, slowed me down considerably :x ) I completely shopped my stash for this class, was bound not to purchase any more fabric and it will give me a practice top for quilting. To be frank, I watched Laura's video and compared it to the precision of Susan Collins' video and suspect I will be watching Laura and practicing Susan with this class. :wink: I have to get on with the spools too... ops: I have my background fabric but I have no idea what design I'm going to do. Choices, choices... There is such a nice group forming up for this refresher class, it should be fun. See you "in class?"

Comment

Hey there. I am completely going to shop my stash too. This one's for a refresher (I like the idea of adding some Sally Collins precision to this also) and a way to have some fun with you all, practice my quilting, and end up with a Linus quilt. I may actually try to quilt this with my Bernina 830 LE embroidery hoop, since I've wanted to do that and haven't yet and it came with such lovely quilting motifs.

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14
                    Betty Jo

Comment

Speaking of Sally Collins, how long are we supposed to have access to her video? I've watched it several times already.

Betty Jo

Comment

Originally posted by Sewdreamy
                        Speaking of Sally Collins, how long are we supposed to have access to her video? I've watched it several times already.
                        I bought her DVD and she has all the information there.... DVDs work better for me cause we have internet restrictions to work around.

NONNIE

Betty Jo

Comment

Originally posted by Renata
                          Rita, I'm looking at the Laura Nownes class as no more than an hour per week (four squares), good learning of the basics for me since I skipped the basics and slugged along with the hard stuff a year and a half ago for fear of getting bored too quickly... :lol: (which in the end, slowed me down considerably :x ) I completely shopped my stash for this class, was bound not to purchase any more fabric and it will give me a practice top for quilting. To be frank, I watched Laura's video and compared it to the precision of Susan Collins' video and suspect I will be watching Laura and practicing Susan with this class. :wink: I have to get on with the spools too... ops: I have my background fabric but I have no idea what design I'm going to do. Choices, choices... There is such a nice group forming up for this refresher class, it should be fun. See you "in class?"
                          I found when working from my stash that if I repeat a fabric in several blocks even when I am adding new fabrics from my stash it is controlled and scrappy and works well together. I think scrappy quilts get too busy if it is all un coordinated scraps with no relationship to each other.

Looking forward to seeing posting of your blocks and the finished quilts

Betty Jo

Comment

I had some dye left over from costuming so I decided to use it up with some nice white egyptian cotton pieces I get from Empress Mills and have a range of 6 shaded red, through orange to yellow fabrics to play with, just got to get them rinsed & washed & starched and I will be ready to go.

Betty Jo

Comment

Originally posted by PosyP
                              I had some dye left over from costuming so I decided to use it up with some nice white egyptian cotton pieces I get from Empress Mills and have a range of 6 shaded red, through orange to yellow fabrics to play with, just got to get them rinsed & washed & starched and I will be ready to go.
                              Some pretty delicious colors, Rosemary... are you going to add something different to the mix or are you playing with a monochromatic palette? Can't wait to see them.

Comment

Well, I just watched all the videos up to date, no problem. Don't think I missed anything. I clicked on the daily blog page where her lessons are introduced. The next one is available on the 30th or 31st. I find it good as a reference if you ever wanted to teach quilting to a real beginner, or a youth. I'm not planning to do the sampler, but want to know all her techniques.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2116 users online. 218 members and 1898 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X