Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

• MONTH 4 -- Show Your Progress Here
    Alice….I like the way the colors are bright AND the fabrics feel classic
    Vesta
    Made the log cabins using bright colors instead, this way I can add crescents to keep the secondary pattern (circles) also...
  • MONTH 5 Blog Is Up
    My blog for Month 5 is up today. The pattern will be released by May 1. I will be LIVE Friday May 3, noon Central Time....
  • Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Carole you won another ribbon, at Paducah! with your beautiful quilt. I just saw this on the AQS Facebook page:
  • MONTH 4 -- Ask Questions Here
    Yes, templates are heat resistant Mylar.
    I think thread is for embroidery. I use finer thread for appliqué....
    I'm trying to prepare for applique and embroidery and have two questions.
    1. Are our templates heat resistant?...
    Monique G
    I have a bolt of black solid and some beautiful Australian Aboriginal prints tucked away waiting for inspiration…..you...
    I have my log cabin blocks around the centre block and placed block 1 and improvised block 2 in the second round. I believe...
  • Be Strong, Be Patient, Be Happy like Barbara Black
    Thank you, Helen.
    The brightness of your appliqué will really stand out in this block. I love it. Everyone is coming up with some great...
    Linda, I too love Becky Goldsmith's you tubes about applique and hand stitching. Those birds in
    that book are darling...
    Congratulations Barbara on your Whole Body Reset makeover. Just read the article in Woman's World.
    What a great mantra....
    I love these low volume log cabin blocks. For sure will do them again in another project.
    I have hand pieced mine....
    I agree Melanie, it is probably not worth the trouble. If you just added an extra 1/4 or 1/2 inch on the
    log that...
    Thank you.
    Thank you for your suggestions. I really like the idea of playing add-on and think I will try that. I am wondering if making...
    Melanie, Another idea would be to play Add-On. The photo is a screen shot of the bottom row of applique. Lay out your...
    Melanie, Hind sight. Wish I had oversized my last strips. If I had, I would cut the connecting block side to the 1/4 inch....
  • No more items.

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Journal Quilts - Part 2

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Journal Quilts - Part 2

I fully intended to work on my September one this weekend. But it took more than half of Saturday to sort out a car problem, and by the time I had done most of the essential chores (clean socks are a priority!) the weekend was almost over. And next weekend won't see much quilting either. My older son is will be home, and because there have been several family birthdays recently we'll celebrate. After that....... oh dear, September will be almost over. Maybe I can find a little time here and there.

How is everybody else getting on?

Lorchen
    From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

I have a head full of ideas for my next journal quilt but I got behind on the BOM and have been trying to catch up. Part of the reason I'm behind is my first little quilt. I'm also trying to finish a summer wall hanging which I'm going to have to put in storage right away. One nice thing about the time flying is that it is bringing me closer to having more time for quilting. Any way maybe by the 1st of October I'll get going on my road to retirement. Gloria

Comment

My September has been going around and around but only in my head so far! Every time I sit at my sewing table, all the other projects start shouting ME ME ME and I usually end up going around in circles.

Must pull finger out!

Only a week and a bit to go Gloria!! I hope this last bit goes well for you.

Comment

Actually, I'm not going to be done working until the end of October so still on the road. I was just anticipating having some of the screaming projects under control by the end of September. I was cleaning up the sewing room last night so I could feel something was under control even if it wasn't the projects and discovered I was missing one of my BOM squares. Lots of screaming on my part :evil: I took the whole project with me for show and tell with my friend when we met at the WI Quilt Expo. I have visions of some person at the hotel wondering what in the world that little block is all about. Project for today (I have off) is tearing the house apart making sure it's not here. Gloria

Comment

Lorchen..thanks for bringing the journal quilts up...I am going to finally get mine out of my head and into fabric later today....I hope there are lots of you out there who will jump in and join the fun. The more the merrier.

Living in the beautiful Carson Valley of Western Nevada

Comment

Here I go again, rushing to get my entry in way before it's due. I just put my October journal entry on Show and Tell. I know it won't be October until Thursday, but I figured since I completed it this weekend and I will be busy with the BOM, I will submit early. Jan

Comment

I've just started Sept!!!! :shock:

Nice entry though Jan

Comment

Done!

Comment

I haven't even looked at fabric in the last two weeks, and my sewing machine is threatening to sue me because of neglect. Sometimes my job just leaves me to tired. I guess I'll do a September piece in October.

Lorchen

Comment

I have a week off after 10-2 with nothing on the agenda except cleaning house and sewing. I will be in heaven. Just have to get through tomorrow. Gloria

Comment

I finally finished my Sept JQ....working very carefully...kinda one handed, but I did finish it 2 days ago....can't post it though because the dadgum printer has gone haywire...so I wait...none too patiently for the DH to decide if it is a fixer or trash...until then, I wait!

Comment

It's gone........ It's no longer here....... will I be able to live without it???

The art teacher in school loved my little journal quilt based on her lesson about abstract shapes so much that my special needs student and I decided that she can keep it. We both signed it on the back and dated it ('Like real artists do, right, Miss!'). For the time being 'Miss' has put the little quilt on the wall behind her desk, but she said she'll take it home at Christmas because she has the perfect spot for it in her studio.

Lorchen

Comment

I posted my November Journal Quilt last night. It was a lot of fun to make. I just cut random pieces of fabric and laid them down and BSR'd them into shape...everything just hummed along and It went together really fast. I am back to using tulle overlays and find that the BSR reads that surface quite easily....no thread bunching or skipping. December is beginning to take shape in my brain so we will se what is next!

Comment

Lorchen, I'm sorry that you no longer have your journal quilt :-( but so pleased that the art teacher liked it so much :-) It good to have your work appreciated isn't it. A permanent reminder for her of both you and the student.

In leafy Berkshire, south of England.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1430 users online. 516 members and 914 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,205   Posts: 154,928   Members: 25339   Active Members: 1,482  
                            Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Alice….I like the way the colors are bright AND the fabrics feel classic
                              Vesta
                              Made the log cabins using bright colors instead, this way I can add crescents to keep the secondary pattern (circles) also...
                            • MONTH 5 Blog Is Up
                              My blog for Month 5 is up today. The pattern will be released by May 1. I will be LIVE Friday May 3, noon Central Time....
                              Carole you won another ribbon, at Paducah! with your beautiful quilt. I just saw this on the AQS Facebook page:
                              Yes, templates are heat resistant Mylar.
                              I think thread is for embroidery. I use finer thread for appliqué....
                              I'm trying to prepare for applique and embroidery and have two questions.
                              1. Are our templates heat resistant?...
                              Monique G
                              I have a bolt of black solid and some beautiful Australian Aboriginal prints tucked away waiting for inspiration…..you...
                              I have my log cabin blocks around the centre block and placed block 1 and improvised block 2 in the second round. I believe...
                              Thank you, Helen.
                              The brightness of your appliqué will really stand out in this block. I love it. Everyone is coming up with some great...
                              Linda, I too love Becky Goldsmith's you tubes about applique and hand stitching. Those birds in
                              that book are darling...
                              Congratulations Barbara on your Whole Body Reset makeover. Just read the article in Woman's World.
                              What a great mantra....
                              I love these low volume log cabin blocks. For sure will do them again in another project.
                              I have hand pieced mine....
                            • No more items.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                            X