Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

bernina 830

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bernina 830

I need reassurance! i just bought the Bernina 830 and am not sure it will be able to sew a good 1/4 seam.

I am currently using a Viking that is probably from the 1960's. Talk about a change. WOW

I have never bought a machine, my mother bought a Kenmore for me at least 40 years ago and the Viking was a gift from a friend.

I am so afraid this expensive machine will not work for me and that I have wasted all that money!

If any of you have the 830 please let me know how you like it. Thanks Janet

Love my 830. She was just in the shop for a yearly cleaning and checkup. Missed her sooooooo much. Was using my old 153 and could hardly get used to it. if you use the 57 or 37 foot those are perfece 1/4" inch seem. I have never had a problem with that. So don't worry. Just start in and have fun learning your new baby.

Comment

Did you know that there is a Yahoo group for 830's? Since I don't have one, I'm not on the group. But my friend has one and loves hers. There is also a Yahoo group for the software if you bought that.

Comment

Thanks so much, I will certainly go to the site-know it will be helpful. I did not know about it! Thanks again, Janet

Comment

Karen, thank you also for words of encouragement. i think I am having some buyers remorse. It was such a lot of money and I am scared!!!!! Janet

Comment

I took the plunge 14 months ago and upgraded from my 1975 Elna Super. You are correct. It is a HUGE change. I love my new machine and still I'm trying to learn all it can do. Only started learning the embroidery a couple months ago so learning a whole new world there. Join the 8 series yahoo group. Take advantages of any and all classes your dealer or other nearby dealer is offering. Download and view the 820 and 830 Mastery classes. http://www.itsastitchonline.com/machine_mastery.htm There are many projects on the Bernina website for 820 and 830 machines that are for teaching. Sign up for the Bernina newsletter so you will be notified about the free webinars they do fairly regularly. Old ones are posted on this website. http://www.exnovodesign.com/ . Bernina has offered through dealers a monthly Bernina Vitual Club and Bernina Software Sampler Club. More info about these are available on their website or with your dealer. Not all is specific to the 830, but I've learned so much about the different feet and techniques. There are many, many learning opportunities and to learn this machine it is important to take advantage of them. Good luck and enjoy!

Comment

Lorna, WOW do I have a lot to learn!!! I still cannot believe I spent that much money on a machine. Thanks for all those links, I will try to use them soon, but with Christmas almost here it might be a few days. Thanks again Janet

Comment

I am thinking of buying the 1/4 foot for my 830, I notice they sell the 37D and the 57D, or the plain 37 or 57-any suggestions? Janet

Comment

When D feet are available I would go with them as then you can use your dual feed. 37 vs 57 are a personal choice. Seems several people on the yahoo group preferred the 37. You could probably get by with one. I use the 57 with it's guide on the side of the foot for 1/4 inch seaming. I use the 37 (1/4" foot with out guide) when I need to sew 1/4 inch away from something when not the edge of the fabric--like the line down the center of two squares for 1/2 square triangles. The little guide gets in the way for doing things like that.

Straight stitch plate is also a must for sewing 1/4 inch seams.

Comment

I just picked up my 820 and had a three hour introduction to her. It was alot and will revolutionize your sewing. I know it will mine and I have been a Bernina owner for 32 years! Just don't be overwhelmed and have fun!!
                    Cindy in St Louis
                    Cindy Bell Neville

Comment

Hi Cindy in St Louis, I live in Ballwin/Wldwood. I picked up my 830 last week and have been playing. i almost got the 820, but at the Houston Festival i got hooked on trying the embroidery. It may have been a mistake-so much to learn, but maybe by next year I will feel more confident. Janet

Comment

Some of you are talking about the 'old' 830 and some about the 'new' 830. Right?

I'm wondering if I can use the circular Bernina tool in the new video in my OLD 830?

Comment

I think they're talking about the new 830 QuilterLynn. But yes, you should be able to use the circular tool with your "old" bernina. I got it a couple of years ago for my Bernina 440QE.

Comment

And if you can't use the tool or don't want to spend the money, I recently saw a video of how to do this "poor man" style. You can use painter's tape to tape a thumb tack to your table (poke the thumb tack through a couple of layers of the tape, from the sticky side to the top side). Then poke this through your fabric. For extra security, you could put an eraser or a Pinmoor over the point of the tack. I'm planning on trying this sometime since I don't think I would do this often enough to warrant buying the attachment.

Nancy

Comment

Hmmmm. I always love a 'poor man's approach' and will definitely try this and report back, but not today. It's our biannual quilt show here in Sugar Land, TX, and the day is 'taken.'

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2060 users online. 195 members and 1865 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                              Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X