Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Sewing machine to take to class???????

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sewing machine to take to class???????

Please help! I have a Viking D1 which I use ALL THE TIME and love, but hauling it to class is about to put me in the grave! It's so heavy! I also have my Mom's original Featherweight which is in great working order, clean, new belt and ready to go. However, I just can't get used to it after the D1.

I'm considering buying a compterized light weight machine to take to class (ps - I'm a classaholic!). I like the needle down position. Can you smart gals make a recommendation for me? Are there any places that discount these machines?? This has probably been asked me before, but I'm a newbie! TIA!!
    Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

don't go chep put in money in to a good one maybe some one in a guild or one of your class would like to up grade that is how I got my last 2 michanie I have a baby lock and phaff and like them both Happy

Comment

Originally posted by grammie2maddie
      Please help! I have a Viking D1 which I use ALL THE TIME and love, but hauling it to class is about to put me in the grave! It's so heavy! I also have my Mom's original Featherweight which is in great working order, clean, new belt and ready to go. However, I just can't get used to it after the D1.

I'm considering buying a compterized light weight machine to take to class (ps - I'm a classaholic!). I like the needle down position. Can you smart gals make a recommendation for me? Are there any places that discount these machines?? This has probably been asked me before, but I'm a newbie! TIA!!
      If there is a local shop that sells sewing machines, you might find a used lightweight machine there. That way you'll get a good machine and maybe even one with needle down. Good luck! Would you please keep up posted on your search? I'd love to know what you get!

JoAnne in southern California where we had rain today!

Comment

It is a greate ide to buy a sewing machine to take to classes or guildmeetings. I did just that last year. My "little" machine is the same brand as the big one but I can use all the feets on both. Viking may have the same option too. The little Jem was stange to sew on at first, but then again I do only piecing on it. The Big one is set up for free motion most of the time. I just love to have the option to go do some piecing if I get tired of free motion :wink: ...and I am always able to work on several projects without doing all the changes as you would having one machine :lol:
        Now...You need to keep us posted so we can celebrate the new sewing machine with you!

Comment

I have a Husqvarna machine that I mainly use at home, and a pretty old Frister and Rossman Cub4 that I take to class. If I ever have to replace the Cub4 I would try to find a suitable machine that uses the same bobbins as my Husqvarna. It's a little annoying to have to deal with two types of bobbins.

Lorchen
          From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

I bought the Janome Gem. I opted for the more expensive one with more stitches. It is a super little work horse and only weighs 7 or so pounds. I love it for class.

Comment

I have a Brother PE 400D that I got several years ago to take to classes and travel with. It is small and easy to carry. It's actually a sewing/embroidery combo and will embroider in a 4x4 hoop. Brother had discontinued this model, but in the past year came out with an updated version, NV900D. I have heard very positive comments about this machine from people who have it.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2054 users online. 193 members and 1861 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
              Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
              X