Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Comparing the 6600 with the 6260 Janome

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comparing the 6600 with the 6260 Janome

Well I spent an hour looking at the Janome machines and came away with brochures for two different ones, the 6600 and the 6260 which is much less expensive. The 6600 (as you all will know) has absolutely loads of embroidery stitches which I will probably never use, and does of course have some features that the 6260 hasn't. The lady demonstrating, to be honest, wasn't very familiar with the 6600 and wasn't a quilter. It did seem incredibly complicated to me and I have retreated back home to study the literature! I am going to go back tomorrow morning for another look. I don't want to buy something that I will be disapppointed with. Thank for continuing to listen to my ramblings!

I recently looked at the 6600 before I ended up buying my Bernina... it was not the machine that was my problem it was the educator. The 6600 can use the GRACIE stitch regulator the same one that is used on many of the mid and long arm Gracie quilting machine.

If you are a machine quilter that is a big plus when you look at machines. The ability to do the decorative stitches allows the machine to free motion quilt more effectively. It upscales the type of mechanics built into the machine.

Regardless of which machine you select make sure the shop you buy from has a GREAT REPAIR ( may you never need it) department and educator / classes for your machine. They should teach classes includes basic quilting techniques. If they do not you might want to look for a shop that does. I bought my machine at one store near my house but I took my classes at a specialty shop 50 miles away (pre- arranged.)

Comment

I have the 6260, the Quilter's Companion. I LOVE my machine. It has done everything I've asked of it. Even with the small throat, I've been able to quilt larger quilts (not always really well :lol: ) That said, I want the 6600. I priced it when they were on sale a while ago and even trading in the 6260, it was more than I am comfortable with now. It will remain on my wish list though. Gloria getting back to reality after record breaking warm weather

Comment

Thanks Ladyrags and Gloria - I am going to try and find another stockist - I would like to see the 6600 demonstrated properly!

Comment

I don't have the 6600, I have the 6500. Except for the foot feed, the functionality is nearly the same. Get the 6600! Don't worry about all the extra things it can do -- it has a wonderful stitch for piecing and the larger harp to fit when you machine quilt and applique. It is easy to use, you just turn it on and begin to sew! But you can make it complex with the extras it has, if you want to. I've had it for over four years, and wouldn't trade it for the fanciest anything else :shock: I also have a smaller Janome that I use for classes, and it's a wonderful machine. But I am truly in love with my 6500

But please do find a shop that will show you, sew on it, and be sure they have good friendly customer service.

Hope this helps!
          Brita

Comment

Hi Brita - I have arranged to go back on Monday to our local stockist - although I didn't find the demonstrator there all that knowledgeable the owner of the shop is very helpful and I know that they offer good after-service. He has given me a good price so I will order the machine. Should be with me by mid-week. I think the main reason I decided to go for the 6600 was that it will cope with large quilts and although I started off as a handsewer I have soon realised that even though I still enjoy sewing by hand, I would like to get some of my projects finished! :lol: :lol:

Comment

My first Janome was the 6260, and I still have it to take to classes. It is a great machine. I also have the 6500, which is my workhorse. I take it to all day workshops and sewing group.
              The bells and whistles on the 6600 are great, and the larger sewing area is so nice. Make sure the shop can help you with lessons, etc. There is a Yahoo! group for the 6500/6600 which has been very beneficial to me to tips and solutions. Through it I have learned more than even my best dealers (okay, I admit, I have 3 to choose from) If you have any questions, give me a shout!

Maggie in E. Central Illinois

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2100 users online. 237 members and 1863 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
              Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
              X