Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Shopping time!

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shopping time!

I just found this website and a really dinky thimble - totally droolworthy things for sale here! B)

I've just treated myself to a pair of Karen Kay Buckley 7 1/2" scissors and they are fabulous.
    Am I a sad case to be drooling over scissors?
    The thimble is cute but I don't use one........can't get used to one.
    Anne
    P.S. I seem to have lost my cloud, but there are plenty of them today in the UK

Comment

What a gorgeous little thimble!
      Pam in Scotland

Comment

Anne can I ask where you got your Karen Kay scissors - was it in the UK?
        Best Wishes Pam (in Scotland)

Comment

Hi Pam,
          I tried to post the link but it didn't work. I got them from Amazon.co.uk they were such a good price £14.50. and free postage.
          I had to wait a few weeks for delivery but it was worth it. Other places I've seen them for £25.00.
          I've been wanting them for ages but thought they were too expensive.
          I just Googled Karen Kay Buckley and clicked on the UK Amazon.
          Let me know if you get them....I'm very pleased with them they cut like a dream.
          Good luck
          Anne

Comment

Thanks for that Anne. I'm off to Amazon as, like you, I've wanted these for ages, pleased to know how good they are.
            Best Wishes Pam in Scotland

Comment

My nails are not strong enough to be able to use that little beauty.

Comment

Karen's scissors are a dream! Another company who makes wonderful serrated scissors is Kia. They cut like a hot knife through butter! I don't know if those are easier to get in the UK.

Comment

Hi Nancy, Yes we can get Kia scissors here in the UK but I had heard about K K B and seen her video.
                  I had been looking at them at the shows but they were very expensive so when I saw them at that price I had to have them. I have to say I am very pleased with them.
                  Anne

Comment

Pam, are you enjoying your new scissors?
                    Hope you had a good Christmas.
                    Wishing you and yours a happy new year
                    Anne

Comment

Hi Anne, The new scissors are everything you said they would be, perfect! I gave my daughter (who bought my scissors) a piece of silver so our friendship would not be severed. I had a great Christmas Anne and hope you did too. Once New Year is over I can settle down to some serious sewing without too much interruption. I wish you and yours a very Happy New Year. Lovely to speak to you.
                      Best Wishes Pam

Comment

DH gave me KKB's thread storage bag for Christmas, so does it count? :lol:

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
                        Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

What an adorable site! thank you!

Comment

Hi Becky, good to see you again. Thought we had lost you in the change over. Hope all is well with you.

Comment

Becky--welcome back--I have missed you!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2053 users online. 192 members and 1861 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                              Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X