Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Rowenta Travel Iron

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rowenta Travel Iron

In recent episodes both Kim Diehl and Cynnthia England were using this iron. I thought it looked great. Looked into it and learned it heats up like a regular iron with the compact style of a travel iron. I bought one at JoAnn's, got it home and it wouldn't heat up. When I put it back in the box there was a handwritten note saying, "This was purchase by Mrs. So & So. She used it a short time and it would no longer heat up. Obviously, the iron had been placed back on the shelf by mistake. I returned it and got another one. I have used mine for short peroids of time during the last couple of weeks but yesterday I gave it a quilter's work out and had it on for a very, very long work session. Today when I plugged it in it started smoking, but the smoking stopped so I was hoping for the best. It started cooling down and would not reheat. I am so disappointed. The size was right and shape of the iron was so well designed. It got hot. It's tiny pointed nose was perfect. I looked up a review at http://www.consumer search.com which praised its design, its ability to heat up and steam well, but also indicated it had durability issues. I loved that little iron. I wish they'd go back to the drawing board and make it work for quilters. Thought I should share my experience because I thought other TQS'ers might be as smiten with that little tool as I was. Buyer Beware.

Thanks Lois !! Will take that to heart !

Comment

Lois, I have a Clover travel iron. I bought it at Hobby Lobby. Don't remember the price. I have been using it for over two years and love it. It doesn't have any steam vents so no problems with that, it heats us quickly(and can get very hot) and is light weight. I have used it and forgotten to unplug it :shock: (thank you God for keeping us safe) on more than one occasion so it was on all night after being used all day. Great little iron and well worth the money spent on it.

Comment

Goodness, Lois, that doesn't sound good at all! I also have a Rowenta travel iron, but other than it becoming incontinent, I haven't had any other problems with it. I just stopped used steam with it and use a spray bottle instead. I like it because it's smaller and lighter and I have small hands, so it's much easier for me. Good luck in your search! Hugs, Robin

Comment

Lois, just so I don't worry about you, any time an electrical appliance starts smoking, unplug it and throw it in the trash, puhleeeeease! (or maybe call a repair man if it's expensive)

Comment

Thanks Susan! Good to have someone looking out for me!

Comment

I have two Rowenta travel irons and both have worked well for me. One goes in our RV along with my quilt stuff, and the other goes with me when I quilt with friends.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2065 users online. 197 members and 1868 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
              Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
              X