Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Pinmoor

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pinmoor

Pinmoors - they look like colorful ear plugs and seem a bit pricey - but wait until you try them. :idea: You baste your quilt with straight pins and push a pinmoor into the sharp end of the pin. They are so much easier on the fingers than trying to close basting safety pins. The quilt is a lot lighter weight too, which makes it easier to manage while you are trying to machine quilt it.

yep..they do look and feel like earplugs...and way too $$$ for me...but I made a substitution...had DH save
    his ear plugs, used the clean parts and with some sharp scissors and careful trimming I got several from
    each pair. They do work and are handy. I use that dense foam for protecting other points ..ripper, darners
    stiletto, tiny scissors and the like.. nothing beats a good recycle !!

Comment

I love PinMoor's. They hold my needles when traveling. No chance of pushing a pin in too far and having it come out the other side! They don't degrade or get dirty. I also put one on the end of my seam ripper. Price is ok IMHO because they will last forever. Happy to see a home based small business make it in this tough environment of today. I am sure it isn't easy (or cheap) getting an idea to market.

Comment

Diane, your little granddaughter is gorgeous!!
        From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

Originally posted by Lorchen
          Diane, your little granddaughter is gorgeous!!
          Thanks Lorchen!

I have been away from her for two weeks and I miss her.

Comment

Check out the Pinmoor website...she has multi packs of Pinmoors and all Pinmoors are on sale during the month of August (25% discount.) Wow! I wish that I had known about that before I ordered mine.

There are several color choices, but I have a preference. I like her original multicolor pack (white, yellow, orange and red) because there is good contrast for light and dark areas of your quilt. Also, if you happen to drop them on the floor, they are easier to locate.

Comment

Originally posted by dfrank27
              Check out the Pinmoor website...she has multi packs of Pinmoors and all Pinmoors are on sale during the month of August (25% discount.) Wow! I wish that I had known about that before I ordered mine.

There are several color choices, but I have a preference. I like her original multicolor pack (white, yellow, orange and red) because there is good contrast for light and dark areas of your quilt. Also, if you happen to drop them on the floor, they are easier to locate.
              Today (August 31, 2011) is the last day of the Pinmoor sale. All of her Pinmoor packages are discounted 25%. That includes the bulk packages too.

Comment

Darn! Missed the sale. Was going to order from Keepsake Quilting as saw them in there and had heard they were wonderful! Oh, well. Just another day even tho.

Comment

Originally posted by idaho
                  yep..they do look and feel like earplugs...and way too $$$ for me...but I made a substitution...had DH save
                  his ear plugs, used the clean parts and with some sharp scissors and careful trimming I got several from
                  each pair. They do work and are handy. I use that dense foam for protecting other points ..ripper, darners
                  stiletto, tiny scissors and the like.. nothing beats a good recycle !!
                  I save my earplugs too. I put them in a lingerie bag and wash them in with the rest of my light colored clothing. Then, I can either reuse them or use them for pinning. There's no trimming needed. Just make sure you stick the pin towards the bottom, so it doesn't pull away from the quilt. Love it too!

Comment

I purchased sponge "beads" in the children's section at Wal-Mart. Some of the bigger "beads" need to be cut
                    in half, but they work well -- assuming I can keep them away from the grandkids. :wink:

Comment

When you find out that there is nothing that holds as well as Pinmoors while the Quilt is being pushed through the yoke of your machine you might want to get Pinmoors.
                      We are having a holiday sale very soon!
                      Thanks,
                      Loretta

Comment

I love my Pinmoors! I got them a few months ago and have both machine quilted and hand quilted with them. No more sore fingers and they are so easy to reposition and remove. Thanks, Loretta, for a terrific example of Yankee ingenuity!

in 'Yes, I Know the Way to San Jose...', California, USA

Comment

I haven't tried mine yet but I'm about to embark. Excited to be using something everyone likes so much.

Comment

Hooray for sales! The regular prices give you price breaks based upon the size package that you purchase. Normally the 200 count package is the best deal, but I suppose if you are just testing them, you might want a smaller amount.

Have fun with them; I REALLY like Pinmoors!

Comment

My local quilt shop had these, they are worth the $$

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2052 users online. 191 members and 1861 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                              Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X