Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Do you have a favorite brand of pins?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have a favorite brand of pins?

Tonight I opened a new box of pins that I bought several months ago. They are terrible. These are Collins Color Ball pins. 350 pins. Fine, Sharp 1 1/4". .65mm steel shaft. Size 20. On the back is this paragraph: "These very fine, sharp color ball pins with .65mm steel shafts are the answer to every home sewer's dream. The color ball heads make them easier and faster to find among the various fabrics of today."

This pins are thick and dull. I could hardly punch them through the fabric. I paid $8 for them and I'm very disappointed.

The only thing I like about these pins is the color ball heads!

Do you have a favorite brand and size pins?

I couldn't tell you the brand of my pins. Just look for a glass head, and skinny, skinny - you can see them thru the packaging. And as Alex says, "Buy the expensive ones".

Comment

And when you have those thin and elegant babies, keep them away from the men in your life, or you'll find them, all bent and with gunky stuff on them in a toolbox in the garage.
      From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

Ditto for your best scissors!

Comment

I use Flat Flower pins By Clotilde. They are 1 7/8 inches long, very fine, sharp, and strong. The flat flower head allows the fabric to lay flat too. Do not confuse these pins with Clover flat flower pins which are big as nails, dull and the heads fall off. (voice of experience) You will find the correct pins at Clotilde.com Item #215054. Betty Ann

Comment

http://forum/hand-and-machine-piecin...d-for-piecing-
            is a prior post that members dicussed their preferences.
            Hope this helps.

Coast of South Carolina USA
            Sewing/Quilting on my Viking Sapphire 870

Comment

My favorite pins are available from Clotilde or some shops. They are called IBC Glass Head Silk Pins 1 3/8" Sharp. Super Fine .50mm Steel Shaft 250/box.

They are amazingly thin, very sharp and slide in the fabric with almost no distortion. You can sew over them, altho if you hit one, it will bend into a U shape! Even with hard use, they bend. I keep them in their own pincushion and try to be gentle with them. They are the best pins I have ever used!

And, yes, they are expensive but I am worth it! Retail is about $7-8 per box. I buy a new box every year or two, so I really don't think that is too much to spend.

Michelle

Coast of South Carolina USA
              Sewing/Quilting on my Viking Sapphire 870

Comment

Just to let international members know: "Clothilde" only ships within the US and to Canada.
                From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

I just looked on eBay and found a seller called "jenyus", all you have to do is type in the item no: 260657959507

Taree NSW - Australia
                  My motto in life: live by the three GGG’s - be Grateful, be Gracious, be Gorgeous to yourself

Comment

I love IRIS pins. They come in a little round blue metal container. Sharp and super thin. I use them for everything. They are fairly hard to find, but I have found them in a few quilt shops, at quilt shows and through Clotilde.

Taree NSW - Australia
                    My motto in life: live by the three GGG’s - be Grateful, be Gracious, be Gorgeous to yourself

Comment

I agree -- the 0.5mm pins are the best! I haven't lately been able to find the long ones, but have found regular-length ones in this super-fine, glass-head pin.

Clover (I think) makes some blue-headed flower-head pins that are also ultrafine -- maybe even a little finer than the glass-head ones. Don't iron over them (despite what they say).

Look closely on the pack for the pin size. If the package doesn't say 0.5mm, the pins are probably thicker ones -- there are some glass-head pins that look like the fine ones, but they ain't.

Taree NSW - Australia

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2021 users online. 174 members and 1847 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                      Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                      X