Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Blue painter's tape

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue painter's tape

I love blue painter's tape. It is the quilter's duct tape...you can use it to:

1) hold your pattern and fabric on your light box to mark your quilting

2) mark a nice straight line to sew beside

3) put your reference notes, pictures, etc. on your wall where you can see them while you work and take it down with no damage

4) Hold your rolls of stableizer closed

5) tape your quilt back down in a stretchy state while you build your quilt sandwich for basting.

6) Mark a nice squared-up box for blocking your quilt on the floor or table wherever you block it.

7) help you pack for going to the quilt show by keeping things together and safe. (Oh, and don't forget to pack your blue painter's tape too).

Did I miss anything?

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14
    Betty Jo

It is also really good at picking up the loose threads from an unsewing session. :wink: Sandi in FL

Betty Jo

Comment

And getting pet hair off your clothes and projects!
      keithdommer.com

Comment

I use it as a mask when I use paint sticks. I also roll it in a tube to make two sticky sides to help hold down templates. Very useful when doing Ricky's Kool Kaleidoscopes. Betty Ann in Fl
        keithdommer.com

Comment

When I teach a new student, I lay several layers of painters tape along their machine to help with the seam allowance. Several layers makes a ridge that they can easily feel and keep the fabric sliding along next to. Most of them don't have any specialty feet for their machines yet.

Right now, I have a cutting mat taped to the edge of my plexiglass extension to increase the over-all work area. It makes a bridge over to a small ironing board, which is also handy to have right by the machine (small Clover iron stays safely out of the way under).

Nancy in western NY
          keithdommer.com

Comment

I use blue painters tape to anchor my acrylic overlay sheets when I am doing my line drawings of a photo that I want to paint. Also to secure the fabric when I begin to paint faces or even landscapes. It's great for lots of stuff! I have even used it to mark off lines and borders when I have done ceramic painting in the not so distant past!
            Karen

Living in the beautiful Carson Valley of Western Nevada

Comment

I use it to tape my backing down to the kitchen floor when 'sammitching' a quilt together.
              It doesn't leave sticky on the floor or the fabric. Now if I can only figure out how to keep the dog off the middle of the quilt...I would be a happy quilter.

FW

Comment

I use painters tape to clean up my "just a little to old" cutting mat. It pulls out all those teeny tiny bits of fabric and fluff that get caught in the cracks of my overused mat. Does a great job!

I did however finally get a new mat... JoAnn's had them 50% off last week!

Of course I use it like crazy when I have to sew a long straight quilting line on a boarder, or if I want to do an overall diagonal quilting that does not coincide with the pieced patter.

S

Comment

We need to be very carefull. If the gods of economy hear that blue painter tape has become a quilting tool. POW someone will package it in a plastic bag with a fancy label and double the price. SOOOOOOO SH SH SH SH QUIET. Betty Ann in Stormy FL.

Comment

Originally posted by bettyannseeman
                    We need to be very carefull. If the gods of economy hear that blue painter tape has become a quilting tool. POW someone will package it in a plastic bag with a fancy label and double the price. SOOOOOOO SH SH SH SH QUIET. Betty Ann in Stormy FL.
                    Betty Ann, You are hilarious--and what's more, you're probably right! I've really found this fun to find out how many more uses are out there for Blue Painter's Tape.

Betty Jo

Comment

I am giggling because the same thought passed through my mind when I started reading your first post on this subject....look out the price will go up and up! :lol: :lol:

Karen

Comment

I cut a piece several layers thick and about 5 inches long to use under my rotary ruler to mark a measurement. I can just butt the tape up against the edge of the fabric for making cut after cut. That way I don't have to keep checking the ruler and cutting takes a lot less time.

JoAnne

Comment

JoAnne, What a great tip!

Maggie in E. Central Illinois

Comment

You are absolutely right! Yesterday, when I purchased some freezer paper at the grocery store--this time to be used to wrap my meat--I noticed the packaging was for craft uses. I don't know if the prices have increased, but I haven't seen any coupons for it lately.

Comment

Originally posted by NancyinSTL
                              You are absolutely right! Yesterday, when I purchased some freezer paper at the grocery store--this time to be used to wrap my meat--I noticed the packaging was for craft uses. I don't know if the prices have increased, but I haven't seen any coupons for it lately.
                              Nancy, the other day, in class, the teacher mentioned that a while back (years?) freezer paper was taken off the shelf. Quilters were up in arms about it and so it came back and with the craft uses being mentioned. I found that very interesting.

We owe a big thanks to those quilters and other crafters who let the Reynolds company know they were unhappy. It is said that one letter really counts for about 10,000. Apparently there are 9,999 of us who wouldn't have written to complain.

JoAnne

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2043 users online. 191 members and 1852 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                              Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X