Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Projector for enlarging designs

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Projector for enlarging designs

I am thinking about buying a projection device to enlarge designs. The expense can be very significant if I consider computer projectors as well as overhead projectors. DH has asked me to do some investigating and get some recommendations before we make a decision. So if anyone has some advice, please respond!

Looking out the window at Lake Leman in beautiful Switzerland

Libby -- I just bought a digital projector about two weeks ago. I purchased a NEC from Staples. It is very light and easy to handle. It was expensive, but I used for the first time yesterday, and I love it! I'm designing a rhapsody and was able to scan in the skelelton and then project it to the size I wanted. I'm also using it for the applique. I have images that I've download from the Internet, copied from books and doodled myself and now I can just easily project them to size. I actually haven't read the directions yet, but plan to because I'm sure there are some cool things you can do. The overhead projectors were less expensive, and probably work well, but I prefer working with digital images and I also like how light weight and portable this machine is. Let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck with your decision. -- Deb

Comment

Originally posted by Libbi
      I am thinking about buying a projection device to enlarge designs. The expense can be very significant if I consider computer projectors as well as overhead projectors. DH has asked me to do some investigating and get some recommendations before we make a decision. So if anyone has some advice, please respond!
      I've been looking for the same thing and haven't made up my mind yet, but I did run across a school sale here that at least made it more affordable. Free shipping in the US. I wonder if there is a company like this near you.

http://tinyurl.com/5zp2vq

JoJo

aka ladyquilter

Troutdale, OR
      <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress">http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress</a><!-- m -->

Comment

I find a good art supply resource is Blick Art Supply on-line at http://www.dickblick.com
        Type in the word projector ( both transparent and opaque) ...they have projectors at different prices. The finer the reflecting lens, the higher the price.
        They also carry Shiva Oil Paint sticks at a very reasonable price.
        Hope this gives you some more options.

aka ladyquilter

Troutdale, OR
        <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress">http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress</a><!-- m -->

Comment

Libbi,
          Glad you brought this up. I was just about to start looking for a projector for my husband. He wants to try painting picutures on fabric.
          Frances

Comment

Libbi, I know a projector has some uses beyond simply enlarging a design, but I just posted how to enlarge designs using Excel Spreadsheet in a separate posting. I don't have a projector, and I only use Excel to enlarge my designs now. Cheers, Betty Jo

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14
            Betty Jo

Comment

Unfortunately for me, I cannot use those great website &amp; free shipping offers in the USA. Living in Switzerland limits me to what is available here or possibly in France. The prices will be higher so I want to be sure that I make a good investment. So far I am leaning toward a computer projector.

Thanks for the tip on using the excel spreadsheet. That is also very useful.

Comment

Has anyone used an overhead projector to enlarge patterns and if so are you happy with the results. I have an opportunity to purchase one and wanted some info before buying.
                Thanks
                Jenny in Oz
                Jenny in Oz

Comment

I haven't used one, but know that lots of designers who make large scale quilts enlarge their designs with a projector.

It would probably be labor intensive, but much less expensive than having 8' drawings printed out by a print shop if you plan to do many!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                  That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

I have used one and the only real problem I could see was having the room to put the projector so the design would be the correct size. In other words--you keep moving it away from the wall where you paper is until it is the size you need.

Comment

I hope this doesn't show up twice (had unexpected computer problem!) I use an overhead projector (got one that is as-good-as-new for $20!) and I love it! It isn't hard at all to get the desired size onto the wall.

Pat-"Keep Calm and Carry On"

Comment

It is not hard but I have a small house and lots of furniture so it is hard to get it far enough from the wall. I take it to the church where I can move it as far as I need.

Comment

Thanks all
                          Jenny in Oz
                          Jenny in Oz

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2108 users online. 224 members and 1884 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                          Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                          X