Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Do you own a swiffer?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you own a swiffer?

I have been wondering what to do with my left over pieces of batting. The pieces I trim off of a quilt. Well there was a little pile laying on the floor and my swiffer was next to me. I took a piece of cotton/poly batting and stuck it onto the swiffer. It works better than the swiffer pads. I bet those scrapes would work well for dusting too.

Ohmigosh!! What an excellent idea. I use batting scraps to pick up the lint from the longarm and my domestic machine. Don't know why I didn't think to add it to the Swiffer! I won't have to buy those expensive replacement pads for a while. THANKS!!

Comment

Judy what a great idea! I copied that link someone gave a few weeks ago for the knitted swiffer pads cause I gots lots of stray yarn but how easy is your idea. :idea:

Comment

:? Ok Ladies, please translate for those of us across the pond . What on earth is a swiffer? The mind boggles!!!

Pam in wet England

In leafy Berkshire, south of England.

Comment

A swiffer is like a dust mop. It has a handle like a broom but you have a flat piece that fits on the handle to clean the floors. You put these fiber piece on the flat piece. So, they are talking about using batting (wadding) scraps to put on the flat piece. I use used fabric softener sheets also (usually have to use two). I, also, use the used fabric softener sheets to dust with.

Comment

You can check it out at

Swiffer.com

Comment

That is a terrific idea. Just another reason I love this site. I guess I thought swiffers were universal. Sounds like the company needs to market "over there". Gloria enjoying the rain today after a very long dry spell.

Comment

what a great idea!!!

Comment

Thanks Ritzy, We have a huge range of mops over here, just not swiffers. THanks for the clarification.

Pam

Comment

Since we're on Swiffers, I understand there is something TOXIC in the pre-wetted pre cleaning solution pads that can be fatal to pets. Are you aware of that? Don't know much about it cause don't use them, but just thought this was a good place to raise that red flag for those of you who do use the ones for mopping vs dusting your floors.

Comment

Lynn, I have heard that, too. So I don't use the wet one any more as I have a dog and a cat but I do use the dust pads and now I will use the left over batting. What a great idea. Judy in AZ

Comment

I cut old sweatshirts and use the insides for the swiffer. They really pick up the dust, etc. A shake and into the wash then they're good to go again. So much cheaper than the swiffer cloths! Those things cost about a quarter each and I can sure go through them quickly.

JoAnne

Comment

I checked the Swiffer thing on Snopes, and it's false.

Pat in Rockport, TX

Comment

Boy Pat, you got me on that one. I am usually so careful about the Urban Legend thing with so many emails, I never thought about the swiffer one being false. My, My! So many ways to get off the path of truth, aren't there? ha

Lynn

Comment

Another use for Swiffer Wet - I used mine to wash the ceiling in the kitchen. Worked Great!!! I would rinse it in the sink when it was looking grubby and then sprayed it lightly with an all purpose cleaner. I also used it to wash the skylight in the dinette....not perfect, but better than dirty - this time I used glass cleaner.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2098 users online. 211 members and 1887 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                              Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X