Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Choosing the right design software

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope you all are correct about hte EQ6. I have been looking at it for a while and your discussion finally convinced me to go for it. Thank you!

Comment

I hope you'll like EQ 6 as much as I do. Take the time, over a few days, to do the exercises in the book that comes with it, and watch all the videos that demo the different ways to use it. Then design a few quilts. I'll not live long enough to do all the quilts I want to do, but I can still plan them and keep them in my EQ 6 sketchbook.

Pat in Rockport, TX

Comment

I bought Quilt Wizard here recently, and I do like it for just playing around, but I think I will be looking into EQ6 once my budget allows.

Comment

Has anyone used Kaleidoscope Kreator software? You are supposed to be able to create kaleidoscope fabric with your own images. The creative possibilities (fabric and paper) are interesting. If you have used this or similar software, please respond.

Thanks!

Comment

I have Kaleidoscope Kreator. It is quite easy to use and the possibilities are endless. I also purchased the extra set of templates so even more designs are possible. I use Corel Draw for designing. Up to version 8, they had an effect called terrazzo that did tiles of different shapes. It was somewhat like this program. I say "Go for it". Get the software and have fun. Betty Ann

Comment

Originally posted by Kwownow
              I am relatively new to quilting and have both EQ5 and EQ6. I was disappointed that there were no "instructions" -- I guess real quilters know what to do! I also have Quilt Wizard which is wonderful for the less experienced quilter like myself.

I will soon retire and on my list of "to do"s is to master EQ6 -- also my digitizing software.
              I know this is kind of late into the discussion, but EQ of any version is a quilt DESIGN program, not a quilt MAKING program. It helps you DESIGN a quilt, not make it.
              I have a hard time visualizing what different fabrics would look like in different areas of a quilt, and EQ is an invaluable tool to help me see what different fabrics or colors would look like in different patches of my blocks.
              If you are unsure of how to put your different blocks together you would be better off getting a good quilting book that has directions on how to do that than trying to figure it out on your own, especially if you are brand new to quilting.

Diane

Comment

My husband gave me EQ6 for my birthday last year and I absolutly love it. I'm still learning all of the different things that it can do. I find if very easy to use and fun to play around with. It really beats trying to draw all of my ideas out onto graph paper with colored pencils.

Comment

Has anyone used EQ6 for stained glass designs? I would like to try recreating a window from our church and wondered how well the drawing program of EQ6 is. I've only done really simple stuff so far. The window is largely geometric shapes and flowers, rather than pictorial.

Comment

The current Club EQ challange is up at the Electric Quilt site. The challange was for architecture. Some of the entries had stained glass windows. You can take a look by following this link

http://www.electricquilt.com/Albums/...g/0712q056.jpg

At the top of the page you can also click on the "Club EQ Albums" to check out the past years of monthly addmissions. EQ6 is a great design tool. Some of the quilts in my profile have been designed in EQ. If you like to design, draw, or see what your quilts will look like with your own fabric, this is the program to get.

Juanita in rainy Northern Illinois

Comment

Thanks, Juanita. I had fun looking at the projects. Good inspiration!

Comment

Any one that is looking for classes on how to use EQ check out Quilt University. http://www.quiltuniversity.com
                        They have online classes for EQ, and all kinds of other quilt related topics. I took the classes for EQ 5 a couple of years ago, and it helped me a lot in learning the program.

The EQ 6 classes fill up fast, they have two that are starting soon that are closed, because they are full. But I beleive they may offer the classes again soon because of all the interest in them. They usually only offer the classes twice a year, so if you miss it one time, you have to wait until it is offered again. But Quilt University is a great place to take classes if there aren't any classes offered in your area, or like me, can't take them during the day when I have to be at work.

Diane in Colorado Springs

Comment

I just ordered EQ6!! I had been using the paper/pencil design method and decided I'd enter the tech world of design. It should be here by the end of the week.

DH also added a wireless card and USB card to our desktop to make it easier for me to work on. I want to use our desktop as my design station rather than my laptop.

I'm so glad there are so many good reviews on EQ6 - and that 6 is easier than 5. I've worked with photo design software (PhotoShop, PaintShop, etc) so hopefully I'll be able to pick up EQ6 easily.

Comment

EQ6 has been received and is installed! I also picked up the last few years of STASH. I had an install issue with STASH, but finally got it to go. I haven't watched the videos yet, but I pulled up a couple patterns and played around with swapping fabric around Pretty cool!

Comment

Originally posted by kimber
                              EQ6 has been received and is installed! I also picked up the last few years of STASH. I had an install issue with STASH, but finally got it to go. I haven't watched the videos yet, but I pulled up a couple patterns and played around with swapping fabric around Pretty cool!
                              Make a nice cup of tea and watch the videos...they are real helpful! You will not regret buying EQ6...you will never have to buy an other pattern or magazine :lol:

Comment

I use Corel Draw for most of my designing. I can do basic traditonal blocks and wild and free art quilts using the same program. I also paint my own fabric in Corel Photo Paint and print it on my home computer. Two of my own printed fabric quilts are in Ricky's Convergence book. (page 50,52)
                                I have been doing my Rhapsody designs with this program and recently, as I was playing, I used the media line effect on the drawing. WooHoo! It was so cool! So I took the drawing into the paint program, painted and printed. When I finish this post, I will post a pic of the out come. Let me know what you think. Ann that's four Betty Ann

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1988 users online. 152 members and 1836 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,173   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X