Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Chilly Sunday

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chilly Sunday

Morning,

Sounds like everyone is fitting some quilting in with all the rain going around. Today I think dh has to go into the office for work stuff so I hope to do absolutely nothing! I should get to finishing my bom but I am too pooped from this week. Maybe I will draw some energy to get down to the sewing room. I hear the coffee is finally ready…

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Margaret
    Lotti, Kuessnacht - Switzerland

Margaret - Hope the coffee perks you up. But I know what you mean - some days I just don't feel like doing anything and even sewing doesn't tempt me. But when I know there is something on the machine that NEEDS to be done, I use (I think it was) Agnes's suggestion and tell myself - "Fine. I will go sew for 15 minutes. Then if I don't want to continue, I will call it good for the day.) More times than not, I end up there longer than 15 minutes. :wink:

It's chilly here, too. And still raining. And the wind is worse than yesterday. And I promised DD we would go shopping to the mall today. She needs some dressier tops for church and stuff and we need to start picking up paper plates, etc. for the graduation party. She has such a full schedule with running track and being a senior so since we made plans to do it today, today is the day!

I am making excellent progress on my log cabin quilt that I snuck in while I am supposed to be sewing rows of DD's bargello quilt. But in my defense, I am on the last strip of the last 28 block! I am trying to get the top done for Monday monthly quilt night tomorrow night. We will see how it goes.

Have a great day everyone.

Kathy

Comment

Kathy--The 15 minutes was my theory, for sure.

The last few days I haven't gone to the machine but I plan to be making up for it today. I think I have a good reason for being sidetracked. I received a parcel this week. In addition to the reason for the parcel the box was crammed full of fabrics, largely FQs. Plans are complete for using 24 of those along with background, backing and batting, all of which I ordered from Connecting Threads. Other than a few bins with projects in progress, and only about half a dozen, total, I was out of stash. Until those bins are empty I can't write finished to my 2000 goal but I would say I am 95% there. High enough percentage for me to say MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. I do have a few projects ready to quilt and that is the bug that is pushing me now, finally.

Part of my enthusiasm comes from the sun shining after a week or more of showers. Yippee.

Comment

now it is already monday here, i dont feel like doing any thing (including quilting) so that is really extreme. any way, i will adopt Agnes idea, later this morning i will try to drag me to the sewing machine for only 15 minutes....
        i think i will start with clear the quilt corner...that may be will help :shock:

Comment

Now it's Monday here too - I did the 15 min thing last night and lasted quite a bit longer. I'm really making progress on dd1/dsil's wedding quilt and loving the fabrics I picked out. I need to get busy and get backing for this one and the other wedding quilt so I can layer and quilt them as soon as this top is done! I got quite few flowers planted in pots yesterday and a few in the flower bed, which I had to cover last night - the pots went into the garage. Dang frost! DD2 was a big help getting them all in and under cover. It just occurred to me this morning that the handle broke off the shovel at some point this past year, so I have to get a new shovel before I can plant the perennials I bought! Always something. Now I'd better get myself moving so I can get to work on time! :?

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2731 users online. 443 members and 2288 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,225   Members: 25682   Active Members: 1,333  
          Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
          X