Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Eventful Monday

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eventful Monday

Well I woke up to find out that Osama Bin Laden is dead. Then as I am getting ready to take my oldest to school I realize that my keys are in my spring coat that I took off in the car and my DH locked the car for some reason and so my keys are locked in the car. Oh well it is a good thing my DB is off today. he took my oldest to school, and left me his car so that I can take my middle one to school. I will walk up at the end to pick those two up. I am taking this as a sign that I need to work in the garden and quilt right. That is what the good lord is telling me and that my workout is perfectly fine for walking up to get the kiddos. It is about a 2 mile walk up and down hills so that should be good.]

Have a great day everyone.
    STacey

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14
    Betty Jo

Sounds like my week... My brother informed me on Friday that I urgently need 2 new tyres and wheel alignment for my car... so tried to not drive much on the weekend. My son has a car and a licence so I wasn't too worried, and the tyres are ordered for today! But as a single mum there is little money available... then my boy (a university student) calls to say that his key is broken in his car door... He'd never got around to getting the second key cut .... ooops!! Even after many reminders..

Well today, we will find out how much the locksmith will charge to fix his car, and I will spend $300 on my car... that will be me totally broke for another week!!

oh well... Pay day next Monday to start rebuilding the bank account.. and he will pay me back in about 3 weeks because the next 2 he is already paying me back for his car rego!!

Nevermind... things could be worse... I am on holidays and can spend the day quilting!!

Hope your day got better!!

Comment

Oh I feel for you ladies - I've locked my keys in the car a couple of times - not fun. One time I had to have a locksmith let me in, the 2nd time I was luckier in that my son could bring the extra keys to where I was. Of course he had to make a few wisecracks about me locking them in there! Oh well.....

Our youngest is finally taking her driver's test (she's nearly 19) and so had big plans for driving back and forth between here and where she goes to college (3 hours away and thru a major metro area) all summer. She has a summer job up there, but a pretty poor paying one, so will be looking for another one. Meanwhile dh and I need to get the car she's going to use in to the mechanic and make sure everything is good on it. Her older 2 siblings used it before her - it was a pretty nice car when we got it, but her brother was particularly hard on it. Sigh.

Anyway, got ds/ddil2b's wedding quilt top finished over the weekend - YAY!!! Now I've started on dd1/dsil's wedding quilt. I think I'm going to look for the batik patterned flannel for backing for both of them - both tops are batiks. I know how I'm going to quilt one, but not the other yet. I'm on track to have them finished on time too which is really unlike me! hahaha

Hugs,

Darce

Comment

Hi all -

It's been just plain busy since Easter! I had bank financial statements for the farm to complete, youngest DD is in full mode track and field season, my flower beds are starting to turn green and some of them are weeds, my lawn needs to be mowed (first time ever for the new house here!) and I have actually done some quilting! YEAH ME!!

DD's bargello style grad quilt is cut into different widths and I started sewing it together!! I think it is just beautiful.

I am also tired of the blue quilt I put on my bed for winter (so it looks like cold/ice) and I want a spring one. I have fabric from a kit from about three years ago and I got it all cut last weekend. It is Ro Gregg's (Grigg?) Cause for a Cure fabric called Time to Remember or something like that. Now to sew it and then decide if I will machine quilt it myself, send it out to be done or hand quilt it (which always takes me so long to do and it can join the ranks of other tops I want to hand quilt.) ops: Oh well, I will just keep plugging away....

Kathy

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2735 users online. 443 members and 2292 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,225   Members: 25682   Active Members: 1,333  
        Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
        X