Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Hello Monday

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Monday

I hope that you all are doing well. We are still sick, but slowly recovering. I got medication along with my middle son. HOping it starts working soon. I did get one block sewed on yesterday. I got a block done for my PMS block that I need to present. I did machine applique and loved it. I also did one hand and liked that too. The only problem is that the small pieces I kind of pulled and puckered the fabric, so I have it ripped out to try and redo. Though it was relaxing while I was sick to at least be able to sew a little bit. I am hoping to make it to the Sun Prairie quilt show either today or tomorrow. Probably tomorrow so I can go with maragaret. I always love seeing the quilt. I will probably take some of the little ones with me. They enjoying putting in their two cents too as to what they like.

I don't know what is on store today. I am still trying to catch up in cleaning from being down and sick so long, but I am learning to do that one little bit at a time. I also might do some more reading in the Union Quilters as I have been enjoying the new book.

Have a great day everyone.
    Stacey

Stacey, so sorry you folks have been sick! Seems like that's always the way when extra challenges need to be met. Stress can sure compromise the immune system. I was just reading about your hubby too and hoping he is feeling better.

I am excited to be gearing up for the International Quilt Festival in Cincinnati this week! I am taking an all-day class Thursday, working on Rose of Sharon techniques. It was meant to be taught by Sharon Pederson, which was a big draw for me in choosing this class, but she had a medical emergency come up the other week and someone different is handling the instruction. I was really disappointed about that, but it will be fine; any teacher they would select to take over is still going to know a great deal more than I do LOL!

If I have Wi-Fi or decent 3G in my room at my B & B, I'll post some updates while I'm there.

There is some stormy weather in parts of the country; stay high and dry everyone!

Comment

Stacey -- hope you continue on your road to recovery - what a bummer to have everyone sick! It sounds like this was a doozy for your gang. Hope your dh is feeling better as well and can interact with your kids now. Hope you enjoy the quilt show -- I know that's something I always look forward to as well.
      April -- how lucky for you to get to a show by the International Quilt people -- enjoy your class and have fun seeing all the quilts as well.
      Agnes -- I managed to finish a baby quilt for my niece and I'm all ready to post on April Finishes -- hint, hint
      Peggy

Comment

Peggy--Hop on over to the April thread.

Georgia--I am still working on the finish I hoped to get done in March. Life sure got in the way. I'm so happy some of Vern's family decided to visit us last week. That played havoc with my "sewing" time. Then we had two different water problems in the apartment. The combination of extra traffic and removing a closet door led me to some "renovation" work. I decided to rip the carpet from the entrance and hallway areas. Give me a broom and mop to have a clean floor. Still not all done but by the end of the week I should have a newly waxed floor.

This week is World's Curling so I am watching that. That means I am doing cross stitching while watching. This project is related to my quilting projects, but doesn't give me any finishes. I'm nearing the end of block 4 of 12 before it will become a quilting project.

April-- Stress is a definite kick off for other medical problems. This winter it showed up as severe acne on my chin to the point that Vern commented on it. It looked for a while like I had been in a major fight.

Stacey--At this time, taking care of yourself and your family's health is more important than a tidy house.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1159 users online. 227 members and 932 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,211   Posts: 155,006   Members: 25400   Active Members: 1,518  
        Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
        X