Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Its Thursday/Patriots in Petticoats BOM Anyone?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, Mary, if you felt I was perhaps offended. That wasn't the case at all. I was just stating facts. For a while I have been mainly reading some posts but not posting responses.

Comment

I'm so glad!! Are you doing it alone or in a group? Did you get the fabrics for the first quarter or for the whole project? Be careful, they show you exactly which fabric to use and where to use but "someone" used the wrong blue in the second block....... someone needs to pay more attention! When you get your daughters quilt done be sure to post a picture of it, I'd like to see it! Looking at your profile picture, are you with Eleanor Burns? Our BOM for last year was her Victory Quilt from her book... a lot of fun; "someone" needs to get busy and get the backing on it and get it done too! Time to start thinking about going to bed. xoxo Mary

Comment

Yes, Birdred, that is me with Eleanor Burns in my profile picture. I saw her at a quilt retreat at Thunder Bay Resort in Hillman, Michigan. I signed up 14 months in advance and only got in because there were cancellations! Her Log Cabin in a Day is the first quilt I ever made and I still have a soft spot for Log Cabin quilts.

It's been a busy week and I have not done any sewing. The Petticoat quilt is part of a group at the not so local quilt shop. I am supposed to go the second Saturday to pick up the block and have "show and tell" but no actual sewing. Another lady i know is doing a different BOM through that shop and offered to pick up my block if I can't make it.

Kathy

Comment

Kathy...How fun you got to meet EB, she strikes me as a very nice lady. PP is next week for me and I have to get busy over the weekend and do my homwork.....just cutting. I've had the head cold from hell all week and didn't get one thing done anywhere all week and am paying for it this weekend, have a lot of catch up and homework to do. Then the wedding popped up today and I had to go out and get a hat! I did have a lovely time at this wedding, now I'm waiting for cake. Hi Agnes! xoxo Mary

Comment

Hi Kathy, Agnes and all.............. finished Block 4 and have to go back and finish #3 tonight or tomo. There isn't enough class time for both of them so we try to just get a little of both done in one class. I have to go back to #3 and get it done before I forget what I learned! We got the rest of the kit too, it's going to be gorgeous! The fabrics are much nicer than they appear in the pictures and really look nice when you see them all together at the same time. Someone in our group is doing it on her own, has chosen her own fabrics and has to make a chart of what goes where..............way too complicated for my pea brain. I love not having to make any decisions at all for a change, its a welcome relief. We finally had a nice weather day too, maybe spring will come after all but if it does it's going to bring the wind! Mary

Comment

Mary--Glad to hear you are making progress and learning new techniques.

Comment

I'm doing Patriots............we're doing blocks 5 and 6 on Tues. It's really a beautiful quilt, much prettier than the picture shows. It' is a big commitment though....the blocks are busy. We find it's easier to do half of one in the first half of class and the second one the last half of class and complete them at home, it takes a little time to do two in class time. The fabrics are gorgeous, I recommend the kit....it's worth the money and time to make it. I'm excited every month to go but I like the project this time and adore my group. Any BOM is a commitment and this one isn't any more so than any other so go for it! Today is the second warm day we've had all spring, last week this time (Reno) we had snow. Mary

Comment

Sounds great Mary = can't wait too see!!

BarbCA

Comment

Well Ladies, I went to my Patriots gruop last night, did blocks 5 & 6......have a little homework on them to finish and then they can go on the wall! It's getting prettier every month! We've done 12 million flying geese right now and are done with them for a wiile, I think until block 11 or 12 or so...........geese are flocking everywhere! Mary

Comment

I've been off site for a while, MAN working your way through the maze to get here is quite an ordeal! Anyway, I'm still doing Patriots and still liking not loving it. I missed BOM for August and sat here by myself tonight doing the #9&#10 blocks and think I'll probably wait to the end of the project then decide if I'll do 10 over again or not. I've cut for next weeks class for #11-12 and they will go much better for me I'm sure; I just got off wrong footed on that beast and could not get right footed no matter what I did! Frustration is a virtue isn't it? Sometimes you just can't get somethig to go right no matter what you do. I made the four corners and one just vanished.....had to cut another one and sew it together and finished up the block and the lost corner has not returned from vacation or where ever it went......just maddening. I just thought I'd keep plugging along and telling anyone interested about this project. The blocks that' we've finished are gorgeous and the quilt itself is going to be great even if it has a huge hole where #10 is supposed to go......no one will notice will they? xoxo Mary

Comment

I'm back! Still plugging away at PIP......next month we're doing the center medallion. I've enjoyed this project and it is much nicer in person than it is in pictures. It's a lot of work but no more than any other monthly project....we should be finished with the block owrk in Feb/march then on to another year long project that we haven't chosen yet. I'm glad I chose this one this time...... hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season and as a wise friend once told me......you're happy twice at the holidays, once when they get here and again when they're gone! True. :lol:

Comment

Gosh I wish I had found this thread about a year ago. I received my first packet of the BOM in January 2011 and my goal is to get it finished by the end of January 2012. I'm putting the borders on this weekend. I'm a bit concerned about the outer striped border with mitered corners. Miters are always intimidating for me and the stripes just add to my concern. But I'm going to give it a go and hope for the best. I'll let you know how it turns out. It is a beautiful quilt.

Comment

Bet you will ace those corners like a pro, Ksew13 ! I have not done anything but one block on mine all last year, actually. And since I have a quilt on the frame I am trying to finish hand quilting and three wedding quilts (two nieces and our DS) and one graduation quilt to make this calendar year, it's STILL not looking good for Patriots in Petticoats. But I fell in love with it so what's a girl to do? :wink:

Kathy

Comment

Back Again....still plugging away at PIP and it's gorgeous. I have the top all assembled and the first inner border on; tried it on my bed today and it looks wonderful! We have one more class in March when we'll start the ribbon border then the rest is up to us to finish.....I ordered backing from Keepsake that I think will be great on the back. I found today when I put it on the bed that it makes my bedroom look shabby and dismal so now I guess I'll have to paint the room as well............Oh well, what else do I have to do? I"ve really enjoyed this project but I'm glad it's winding down, it was a lot of work but I'm glad we did it and I feel I really did something that will matter. We start another project in April that's going to be fun and I'vea chosen spring colors for that one......sspeaking of spring is anyone besides me sitting and waiting for Spring? I'm sooooooooooo tired of winter! xoxoxo Mary

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1557 users online. 195 members and 1362 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,774   Members: 25247   Active Members: 1,497  
                              Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Best batting for art quilting.
                                Helen W. Thank you so very much for you messages! Wow they are so helpful. Some answers. The quilt is due May 4. The finished...
                                Susan D. Do you know how to do any hand embroidery stitches. If you look at my coloring book
                                page hanging above your...
                                Susan D, I do use warm and natural batting most of the time. Whether to quilt first or after the applique is on depends...
                              • MONTH 3 -- Show Your Progress Here
                                Alice I love your ideas here. It gives a whole different look to the quilt.
                                I have also been experimenting with some alternate choices. if you enlarge the photo there are 2 pictures to see. They aren't...
                                Helen I am sorry for jumping on this post. I tried to send you a private message but I couldn't. I am working on this wall...
                              • MONTH 1 — Ask Questions Here
                                I think you mean the Month 2 Block 1 blocks. There are 3 things we can do wrong when piecing blocks: the cutting, sewing,...
                                Jennifer, Could you post a picture of your 4 blocks that make up the center star? This was discussed in month 1 several...
                                Help! My Block 1 blocks are all too small by about 1/2". Any suggestions to correct the sizing? I can not bear to...
                                An alternate block idea...
                              • COLORING PAGE Available
                                Hi. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, have been doing some travelling. I would love to share but the drawing is...
                              • Need advice re: bobbin quilting
                                Kati, Is the picture on your posting name the parrot? Pretty bird. Glad you got your quilt basted. I am using
                                Invisafil...
                              • No more items.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X