Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Wednesday Morning

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday Morning

Another day without quilting!! I am actually starting to miss it. So, it looks like I am getting my "quilting mojo" back.

It's one of those weeks where everything is going on at once -- everyone seems to need me or want to spend time with me!! But, my daughter needs me most to help her with things before leaving for college on Friday afternoon so I will be wearing my "Mom" hat for the next few days. Starting next Monday I get to think about "ME". Which means starting back on my daily quilting and exercising.

I hardly ever go out to lunch but this week I have been invited by two different groups of friends to "lunch". Met with one group on Monday and today will meet with the other group. My hubby always loves when I go out to lunch because I split my meal into two before I start eating and immediately box half of it to take home. It's a weight watchers trick that really helps when going to restaurants. My hubby will eat the leftovers either for dinner that night or lunch the next day. The waiters look at me like I have three heads when I ask for a "to go box" when they serve my meal! Oh well, it keeps me from overeating!!

Have a safe and healthy day,
    Take care,
    Donna

Donna I have been doing that too latey and it really does help. Though I don't do it right away, but in my head I know how much I am going to eat and then stop. It truly does help and you get yummy leftovers later on.

As for me it is dance, library, a workout, and basketball for the hubby. HOping to continue working on the blocks for my DF and DM's quilt. That would be a lot of fun.

Have a great day everyone.
    Stacey

Comment

Good morning everyone.
      A tad too icy here in PA this morning - enough so that I saw 4 vehicles struggling to go by - no way was I even going to walk in to work on that stuff. Katie's choice to get to school was walk or catch a ride with another teenager. Don't think so. So, went through the clothes -weeded out, finished putting my Christmas things away in their boxes and will spend the rest of the day working on a binding.
      Hope you all are safe out there.
      Hugs, TJ

Comment

I hate to brag but it is a beautiful day in the 70s, like Florida should be. I hope everyone is staying safe and warm. I can tell you if I lived up north in the snow and ice, no one would see me until it was all gone. I would be in bed under the covers. I'm starting to get some of my energy back and hopefully will be able to make and finish a baby quilt this weekend. Having a quieter house really helps with the serenity. My mind is starting to get back to creative ideas flowing through it again. I haven't had that for quite awhile. I'm also spending time trying to find some things for my youngest DS, Cliff, to do to make some money. He is into woodworking and would eventually like to have his own business. The job market here is not good at all, and he has several marks against him to start with so he hasn't been able to find work in months. So I think first we are going to start with refinishing furniture, etc. that we can get for free or cheap and reselling so he can finance his dream of making things from scratch. He is really hoping that he can get somewhere with making handmade guitar bodies, but will settle for smaller items for now. Wish us luck, he really needs something to boost his morale after the last couple of years he has had. He has a natural talent but his ex significant other and baby's mother did and does all she can to tear him down. According to her he can't do anything right.

Okay, enough ranting, I'm getting ready to leave work because I have to drop some FedX packages off.

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening.

Judy

Comment

Well, I have been without my computer since Sunday morning! My DSL modem took a dump so had to order a new one and it arrived today... spent alot of time working on my neice's wedding gift tho and am in the process now of sewing blocks and rows together.... batting is coming on Monday so should be able to have that done and put away for April by the end of next week! Then I can get back to the Irish chain quilt I was working on before.

Sounds like we are going to continue with this cold spell we are in..... I have managed to go out each morning with the dogs for 10 min or so before I get too cold and have to call them back in! Judy, 70 sounds awesome! LOL

Have a great evening everyone!

Comment

It's a miracle. I finished a UFO!!!!! It is a Garden Twist quilt. I got the binding on Monday night and took it to quilt group that night! Oh it feels so good to have this one done. It is for my godchild's wedding which was (ahem) two years, three months ago. ops:

Kathy

Comment

Good Evening All,
              Kathy I love the quilt. What a wonderful wedding gift, even if it's a little late.
              TJ the ice past have gone around me and over to you this AM. Everything was wet, but the temperatures remained above freezing so I could get to work. Tomorrow we're suppose to start getting 4-6".

I'm going to go down to my new quilting area and organize stuff. We got one of the tall plastic drawer cabinets for me to use. One day I will decide how to organize everthing so this will have to do for now. At least my stash, sewing machine, etc will all be in one place. I won't know how to act.
              I finished a stain glass sweatshirt on Mon. for my MOm. Everytime I went to my LQS I would see the samle and thing of my mother. In Nov. I took the class, and finished the shirt/jacket in time for her birthday. She loved it. My sister recognized the fabric as the same one I used for a wall hanging that Mom has in her bedroom. The fabric was a great one to work with.

Hope everyone stays warm.

Lyn

Comment

Kathy, that turned out beautiful..... I've wanted to make one ever since I first saw it in Keepsake Quilting! Still gonna someday!

Comment

Kathy -- that is beautiful!!! My friend bought fabric and that pattern and has been wanting to get started on that same design. Yours is so pretty! I'll have to tell her to get going on it!

Comment

Kathy:
                    I love your quilt and especially the fabric you used.
                    This is on my to do some day list. I look at the pattern
                    every time it is the Keepsake Quilting magazine.

nellybelle

Comment

Kathy
                      It is a beautiful quilt , and I like so many others seem to have it on my "to do" list. Love the fabrics and colors you chose. Its great to be able to post and especially view everyone's work again.

L and H
                      Cathy

Comment

Kathy your quilt is lovely.

Comment

Thank you, everyone, for the compliments on my Garden Twist quilt. I am so glad to have it done as all that fussy cutting got to me after awhile. It didn't help that I started it at a retreat and then had to come home and figure out where I had left off, lay all the blocks out so as not to mess them up and then cut specific bouquets in the fabric to face the correct way in the quilt as I got to the edges. Again, I am SOOOO glad to have this one DONE!!!

Kathy

Comment

Great job Kathy!!!

BarbCA

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2805 users online. 512 members and 2293 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,226   Members: 25684   Active Members: 1,326  
                            Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                            X