Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

fun discovery -- Ricky, I owe you a huge thank you!!

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow it's fabulous

I would lessen the presses foot pressure a bit if you can when doing wavy lines with walking foot. Makes it easier to turn the fabric

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Originally posted by twiglet
      Wow it's fabulous

I would lessen the presses foot pressure a bit if you can when doing wavy lines with walking foot. Makes it easier to turn the fabric
      Thanks, Wendy! I don't know if I can do that or not....I will check. They are going to be very gentle, long curves, mimicking the back and forth of the chains in the border, but less straight line-y, so that will help, too.

Comment

WooHoo Heather!

Comment

It is a beautiful quilt Heather. Can hardly wait to see what all you accomplish. The sky is the limit for you!!

Comment

Looks Brilliant (and so does the sunshine :wink: )

Comment

Great job Heather. Love the border. Good luck with the quilting.

Comment

Looks awesome, Heather! You better keep a written list of those quilt ideas, because sooner than you think, the list will be so long you'll forget what's on it!
                Keep having fun!

Comment

Originally posted by suehenyon
                  Looks awesome, Heather! You better keep a written list of those quilt ideas, because sooner than you think, the list will be so long you'll forget what's on it!
                  Keep having fun!
                  Great minds think alike, Susan! Guess what I did yesterday afternoon?? Yep, wrote (rewrote) my list, even trying to prioritize due to the coming move. What to work on now....? (what, doesn't everyone keep a project going when in the midst of packing for an international move????) :mrgreen:

One of the biggest benefits of the machine instead of by hand ---- the list of finished projects has a chance to catch up to the list of "to be done one day" projects. Key word --- a chance, LOL.

Comment

Finished!!! I quilted vertical double-helixes/DNA strands, using the walking foot, about 3.5" apart. Since there is no batting to hold in place, it should be okay I think. In the border I just followed the colored chain/DNA strand; I wanted to add *something* in the black empty spaces, but my husband was pretty adamant that he wanted to leave it blank for contrast, so I did.

The back has some fun touches --- it's all from our jeans, and one spot has what turned out to be half a pocket after I trimmed (oops), a tear/rip with the middle purple fabric reverse appliqued in behind the hole, and uses jeans from all 5 of us.

The label I printed today is in the bottom corner too. I used variegated YLI red-to-blue thread on the front, and variegated blue-to-white King Tut on the back/in the bobbin, so none of the quilting shows as much as I thought, except in the dark on the back and the light on the front. Up close you can see it though.

One close up shot so you can see my dna strands, then the back & the front.

Comment

Looks beautiful! One concern about the light quilting is that there is a lot of stress on the fabric of the top where you do have quilting, so you will get accelerated wear around the stitching. So it might be worth thinking about adding just a little more quilting. Just something to think about and it'll depend on how you use the quilt. If you wash it in a washing machine, then there will be quite a bit of stress on the quilting. If you wash by hand and/or infrequently, then it'll probably be okay.

Nancy

Comment

That was quick! You really want to go on vacation with this quilt behind you, don't you? Well done and thanks for showing it to us!

Comment

Well done. That's one heavy quilt with all those jeans, I love they have character

Comment

Congrats on finishing this quilt. I love the back and the whole story about it

living in Central Denmark
                            Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

Great quilt.

I think we ought to call you Speedy Gonzales, the way you have produced so many this last year 8)

living in Central Denmark
                              Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2110 users online. 240 members and 1870 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                              Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X