Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Any shakin' in the LaVeta studio today?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any shakin' in the LaVeta studio today?

I just saw the television news that Trinidad, CO had a 5.3 earthquake and that there are aftershocks occurring right now. Yesterday's quake was felt as far north as Longmont. So my question is...what's shakin' in the LaVeta studio today? Kidding aside, I hope that you are safe.

YIKES! I checked the map, and that is CLOSE!! Hope all is well!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

no shaking in La Veta - none at all - but we are about 34 miles north of the epicenter - just mountains in between - so maybe that has something to do with it. Anyway - have felt nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by RickyTims
        no shaking in La Veta - none at all - but we are about 34 miles north of the epicenter - just mountains in between - so maybe that has something to do with it. Anyway - have felt nothing.
        Glad to hear it, Ricky!

Comment

WHEW!! Thanks for letting us know that you guys are OK!

Comment

Well, good grief! There was another one this morning on the east coast including Washington DC and my family in Norfolk! :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by Margo
              Well, good grief! There was another one this morning on the east coast including Washington DC and my family in Norfolk! :shock:
              Yep, I am still at work, but we briefly evacuated our building. It was pretty dramatic...5.9 not far from here (Northern VA), went on about 40 seconds or so. I've been in stronger, but only in Japan and California. It was close to a nuclear power plant, and they shut down two reactors. :shock: Now they say the hurricane Irene is next.

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14
              Betty Jo

Comment

I heard on the news about the Virginia earthquake but not the Colorado one. Hope everyone is safe and unharmed.
                Deborah W

Comment

Ok, after I got home I went around the house to look and nothing was damaged, for which I am grateful. Several of my dolls had fallen off the shelf where they've been for some while, but weren't damaged, My makeup I had near my bathroom sink had all fallen in a heap into the bowl, but the funniest thing is that my dress form, who I have christened "Mary Victor" had turned herself all the way around backwards and moved halfway across the room towards the door. :lol: :lol: :lol: She does not have rollers on her "feet" (stand). Hmmmm.

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14
                  Betty Jo

Comment

Jeesch! :shock: It sounds like Mary Victor was headed for solid footing! :lol: Glad all is OK.

Comment

I didn't feel a thing here in Ct. though I think I was driving at the time and didn't even know anything had happened until my sister called from PA. Or I could've been dizy by the school shopping with my 17 yr old. :shock:

Comment

Glad everyone is OK. We are no strangers to earthquakes here in San Jose (South San Francisco Bay). And while they are not a bit funny, sometimes we slip into gallows humor when dealing with uncontrollable events. I must admit to a chuckle when I recently saw a billboard promoting our professional soccer team, the San Jose Earthquakes. The tag line was "Did You Feel That?"

in 'Yes, I Know the Way to San Jose...', California, USA

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2101 users online. 247 members and 1854 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                        Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                        X