Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Groupie

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Groupie

OK, so I log onto this site many times a day to see what I can see.
    I bought Ricky`s DVD Grand Finale ( great DVD by the way ) and yesterday I received my ( I Cain`t, I Bizzy! T-Shirt ) and now they are telling me I am groupie LOL LOL LOL :lol: Yah aint it great. So happy too be a groupie of TQS I will be 1 as long as this goes on....Jean

PS WELCOME ALL THE REST OF YOU GROUPIES

I'm counting my pennies, cutup. I'll be getting my stuff soon.

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
    Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

I got the Grand Finale DVD the other day. I didn't notice where I could get the T-shirt. Watching Ricky on the DVD is so much fun. Decided to just watch the first time through. Then I'll sit at the machine and play. Another groupie!! Gloria

Comment

I don't have the I bizzy t shirt but I do have a whoo hoo ricky tims shirt which now has a tqs logo (name badge) and a chantelle on the front and on the back I also embroidered its a new day on it wore it to the MN quilt conference and got a lot of comments and attentionl. But the very best thing about that shirt is that Ricky's MaMa gave it to me and I putthe extra stuff on it . So it is very special to me!!! (Thanks again Billie I wear it with pride) Ann currently in Minnesota and looking forward to another TQS member meet and greet (and shop) tomorrow. I am trying to set a record.

Comment

What's a chantelle?

Comment

What is a chantelle you ask. Go to Ricky's website and look at his quilts in his gallery his first chantelles were tulips. He has moved on from there. Instructions on how to make a chantelle are in the Quilting Caveman style DVD. The name evolved from a misunderstanding in a class in England. Some one said they were bringing Show and Tell. Another person thought they said Chantelle--- like the name of a person---at the end of the day she asked where is Chantelle. thus a name was born and the little tulips have been a trademark of Ricky's ever since. (not quite as long as the hat though). I love to make them and I try to make different flowers or shapes in a Chantelle style. Hope this answers your question and for more information or asking questions about them ---go to the next forum topic. There we share our chantelle experiences. Ann - going shopping looking for a bargain still looking for a bargain and dh thinks bargains are more dangerous than bears

Comment

I can't believe it. I was going through some old photographs yesterday and came across a picture of Ricky. I posted it under my profile. I think this was from the first quilt show I ever attended. I think it would be at Williamsburg Virginia around the turn of the century. I wouldn't even have known about Ricky at that time. Now I feel like both Ricky and Alex are good friends. It must be hard for you, Ricky and Alex, when one of us comes up to you at a show yelling your name and smiling. You must think we are a bunch of crazy ladies. It is just that you are both in my home and part of my life almost every day through this website/quilt show. Ricky, I will leave you with this. My dad was bald from the age of 23 so he knew every bald joke there was. He would say God only gave a man so much testosterone, why waste it on growing hair.

Comment

Great pic Nanette! Ah, we were all young once...

I took a look at your profile to see the pic and was surprised to see you're from Fredericksburg! I've only been to the Williamsburg show once but it was several years ago, could've been the same one! Small world!
                Florence

Comment

Very nice pic of Ricky. Since I'm going to Glens Falls(58 days ), I'm going to save on the shipping and pick up everything I can get my hands on there.
                  eileenkny

Comment

Yup Quiltnbug, that was Williamsburg in 2000 I belive. I won BOS there and was totally stunned. I heard the news, got it the truck, and drove 19 hours to get there. - ah the memories.

Both Alex and I LOVE meeting all of you when we can - just don't be hurt if we don't always recognize you!

T-shirts are on MY site. Mostly they make sense when you attend the seminars.

Comment

So, Ricky-should I get one before I go? How about 2 or 3 :lol: :lol:
                      I'm obsessed here 56 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      eileenkny 8)

Comment

I have been working on my first Rhapsody quilt and am stunned at what fun this is!!! :lol:

I started out feeling frustrated with the skeleton and then just went with one from the book. I did alter it slightly. I picked out fabrics that I like and voila. The process is quite easy!

It's been on the design wall for a while and I've been contemplating the appliques. It's been a very cold winter here in Western NY and images that remind me of the islands kept coming to mind. I happened upon some patterns with appliques of palm trees, dolphins, shells, waves, starfish, and a floral Hawaiian cut-out for the center.

This has been so much fun - designing the appliques to fit the spaces, cutting them out, arranging them and fusing. I've only done the stitching on the very center and I am so thrilled to discover that my Viking machine also has the double blanket stitch that Ricky recommends. It truely turns out beautifully. I'm using my shiney rayon threads that I usually keep for embroidery.

I know the piecing will be challenging, but I'm up for it! I look forward to selecting some borders and designing some fun quilting.

It's been great therapy playing with these tropical shapes and colors during the last cold weeks of winter. Thanks Ricky, for your wonderful guidance. Your directions are always perfect!!

Nancy in sunny, thawing western NY

Comment

Nancy.... I have a Viking too.... which card did u find the double blanket stich on?? Carla

Comment

I have the Sapphire and it's number 17. It's on the 2nd line of the 4 lines of stitches. It really is a beautiful stitch. Much better than the single blanket stitch which stretches so much farther into the applique.

Nancy

Comment

I was at a retreat over the weekend and made alot of progress on my Island Dreams rhapsody. I was amazed at the number of quilters who came over and hadn't heard of Rhapsody.

I posted a photo at show and tell. When I took the photo, I was going to post it under the shopping category and then discovered it was closed.

The piecing went pretty well with Ricky's techniques, as usual, perfect and easy to follow. I've really enjoyed this quilt and it makes me feel warm among these last yucky winter-ish days.

Already wondering about the quilting. I'll have to contemplate that a while once the piecing is done. nancy in Western NY

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1996 users online. 167 members and 1829 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                              Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X