Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

All Things Rhapsody

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ipquilter
    Got the piecing done this evening. I worked on it all day. Really--ALL day. And...the parts I did right are really good. The parts that aren't good are very not good. But, I'm okay with it. I got better at the sharp angles. At one point I did a whole seam line not noticing my bobbin had run out. Bad words real loud!! I'm probly the only quilter on the planet who's ever done that! :wink: It's still really cool looking but it sure ain't gonna lay flat. Some of the hills will probly quilt out but surely not all of them. I'm okay with that too. I designed and pieced my very own Rhapsody! How awesome is that?? Thanx Ricky!!

Sherry in S. MS, tired but satisfied. 8)
    Sherry, When I got mine pieced I had such a big mountain in the middle I was sure I would have to scrap the whole thing. I it in an embroidery frame and stitched the heck out of it and it lays flat. Of course that hasn't gotten rid of the pleats but I am pondering how to solve that problem; and I will. I decided, very early on in this project that I was doing it for the learning experience. If I like it when I am done--then we will do the happy dance. ritzy

Comment

So, Ricky...How many Rhapsody quilts did you practise on before you perfected your technique? (Please don't say you got it right the first time!)
      Sherry

Comment

Just received my Keepsake Quilting in the mail yesterday. On page 46 There is Ricky's new book? "Rhapsody Quilts" Price 27.95 Goin to get my copy today.
        Living Threads
        http://www.livingthreads.net

Comment

I had my copy pre-oordered at Amazon and got a notice from them today that delivery is delayed until 11/21!! I'm bumming...

Comment

Originally posted by jackieb
            I had my copy pre-oordered at Amazon and got a notice from them today that delivery is delayed until 11/21!! I'm bumming...
            I got the same note. But the book was auto-shipped to the shop where I work PT. I cancelled my Amazon order and will pick up a copy tomorrow. I'm kinda ticked that I waited for Amazon this long. The shop has had it for more than week already, so Amazon seems to be the party at fault on this.

Comment

I was at the quilt store today and was so excited to see Ricky's book on the shelf. I picked it up right away and got a copy for my guild's library as well! Yeah!

Comment

I got my Rhapsody book Saturday. Not read from cover to cover yet, but I have flipped through the whole thing and read here & there.
                My rhapsody quilt is being quilted now. I had to order some thread to get the colors I wanted, so now I have to wait for the mail. I'm quilting the whole thing (both top & bobbin ) with Invisafil, a Wonderfil thread, 100 wt polyester with a matte finish. It hides almost as well as monofilament, without the shine, and after a little tweaking of tensions, it plays nicely with my Janome 6500. Since there is (to me) a lot going on in the quilt already, it does not need the addition of contrasting color thread. I just want the texture, so am using matching colors. I used on back a busy print with the same colors as the quilt top, and you can hardly see the thread color changes on back!
                I will post a picture when I get done.

Comment

Hi Girls,
                  I am a little busy but I just watch the Daily from Japan, they are fantastic. I love them, it is if we are there and have a peak.
                  What a tread !!!! Thanks Ricky! It made my day.
                  It was so nice to see the Daily Blog from the Netherlands. The live here right above us you know and the have great Quilt shows in Waalre( tree weeks ago and In Rijswijk( in spring). I also give workshop handbags in the Netherlands. They are very nice neighbours.
                  Maybe Ricky you can find some Belgium quilts over there. I would love to see some.
                  What Ricky book concern. Yes girls……….even I have order my Rhapsody Quilt book by Amazon and I expect the book everyday now.
                  Ritzy a did receive your mail thanks for thinking on me but I have so little time It is extremely busy I soon will take some time to reply. I have to give workshop all over in the Netherlands, some places here in Belgium and I made four new handbags and I am working on a new one. You all can take a peak if you want on my space.
                  http://calicootje.spaces.live.com

I also made a litle quilt from Jean wells Book Portraits from nature (that we saw one the show ) for in my studio. I loved the show and bought the book. Photo’s wil be showed later… have to correct a few thing. It looks like I was dronk wen I place my little quilt one the big one. ops: ops:
                  Hopfully we will see more of the Rhapsody quilts in progress soon. I looking forward to see what you all have done with them. Maby I find some time to work furder on my quilt.
                  Byby for now and lots of Love from a could wet Belgium.
                  Kisses Duffy

Comment

Duffy, YOU HAVE BEEN BUSY!! :shock: Loved ALL of your handbags!! They are BEAUTIFUL!! Damaris here in getting VERY COLD, High Prairie, Lyle, Washington!!

Comment

"Duffy, Empress of Belgian Bags" !! What an impressive range!

Lorchen (especially drooling over no. 43)
                      From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

WOW Duffy, I looked at all of your handbags and the ones of your students and your quilts. You have been a very busy girl. They are all beautiful.
                        From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

Well Lorchen, they are actually Japanees Bag. Yes I am just like Ricky in the spirit of Japan. Some of them bags are my own creations, but here in Europ we buy Litlel Japanees books, full of lovely en intresting Bags and Pouches.. You do not have to know Japanees. In the back there are a kind of drawing with the messurments on it. Very easy to use and to understand. I have a collection of over 80 of these books.
                          I am made about them. We also have lot of Japanees Fabric. It looks like havy wover wool fabric but is is accully plain Cotton. A litlle expensive. We pay someting around 30 dollar for 1 Meter.The collours are mostly brown, green,black, grey, beige and red. Not very bright colour, but perfect for handbags.The bag one my space 8-15/20/41/43/44/46/52/48 are made with Japanees fabric .

....And Lorchen your from England. Well Next year in april I will give two workshop for handbag in Suffolk (Nord- East from Londen). In the Sew and so's shop. Maby we can meet. Who knows?
                          Thanks for the commpliments and by for now.
                          From a sunny, cold Belgium
                          Duffy

Comment

Originally posted by jackieb

I received my copy. I had already start creating my Rhapsody, but I am going to redo all that I already did. I can use what I have just revive it, in January.

Comment

What do you guys think about this design (posted in my profile)? I think I need to make the corner points more dramtic (i.e. larger).

Debbie

Comment

Nice, but those tiny little corner points will be very difficult to piece.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1934 users online. 162 members and 1772 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25585   Active Members: 1,289  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X