Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

All Things Rhapsody

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Ricky
    i noticed that your fabric adheres very well to your design wall, what is your design wall made from.
    Jenny in Oz where the wind is very chilly and the sun is shining
    Jenny in Oz

Comment

I don't know what Ricky uses, but he might not be able to reply quickly because he's "bizzy". You can make a design wall easily by covering inexpensive cord board with flannel. You could use flannel fabric, a flannel sheet, or the flannel back of flannel backed oil cloth. I bought a white flannel sheet at a thrift store for $1 to make one large design wall, and a flannel backed white oil cloth tablecloth to make another smaller one. My sample blocks stick to both very well. I also used a large white flannel sheet to display the optional blocks returned each month to my quilt guild, while I was the Optional Block chairperson.

Nancy
      Jenny in Oz

Comment

Hi,
        I was working on my Rapsody and very glad that I finly could start cutting some fabic. I toke my freeserpaper and irion it on my fabric....
        There was just a little thing, I forgot that there was scotchtape ( plakband in dutch) on the freeser paper. Now I have to cleen my iron and make a new template. Lucky that Ricky told us how to do that. I thing he had the same problem but tell us that he lost a piece!!!!!
        Yesterday I had to stop becaus I ran out of fabric my piecces are to smal. Tomorow I have to do some fabric schopping.
        Lots of love from Belgium ops:

Comment

Originally posted by bettyannseeman
          JudyP, The 26 inch square is one quarter of the whole quilt. The quilt will end up 52 X 52. The templates will be used four times in the quilt. If you start with a 13 inch square, the quilt will be only 26 inches square when completed. Betty Ann
          I am a little confused too because in the video thats says (square means square) he said it must be half the size of the finished quilt but that was it :?: :?: :?: ....Jean

Comment

when visualizing your quilt based on your drawing of your templates, think of how fat quaarters are cut. to get a large square _ Ricky says 52 inches- If the 26 in. sq. was half the quilt you would have a quilt 26X52 . To get a 52 in square, a 26 " square is one fat qtr of the square or the upper left hand corner of the square then you need a lower left and an upper and lower right.

For those of us who are not visual thinkers, it might help you see it if you draw a small box and divide it into four pieces. or go back to your 8 in square skeleton you folded that paper in half so it was 4 x 8 rectangle then you folded it in half the other way and you had a 4 in square. That is the part Ricky is talking about for cutting your templates.

I hope this explanation helps you 'SEE" how it works. (my dh is not a visual thinker and I am so for 44 years I have had to draw pictures or describe things with simple comparisons if I want to get a project going - and even then we might argue so I understand how it can be confusing)

The visual thinker in our traveling home -now in Minneapolis, MN Ann

Comment

Hi Ann
              I think the reason I and maybe and few others are having trouble is in the video ( close is good enough ) he has folded the freezer paper just like our little 8" square so this tells me that he will make the 26" square a full pattern so then how would that be 1/4th or is it folded once on the diagnal that I is believe where the confusion is . If the 26" sq. is 1 qtr. then he he would have folder 1x yes no....... :? Jean

Comment

I am pretty sure that 26" sq was folded just once on the diagonal, so it is one quarter of the finished quilt.

Comment

OK thats where the confusion is and then that makes sence to me now, the forum is doing what it is meant to do see it HELPS[/b]..Jean :lol: :lol: [/b]

Comment

Jean I am glad it came clear after some comments by enough people proves once again two heads or three or four are better than one. I think the reason that the video clicked with me is I am a farm girl and farms are done in qtr sections. So I just saw the old farm (now I haven't lived on a farm for 40 plus years but somehow those images always make the most sense to me) I am thinking about doing my templates on template plasic but I am not sure it is worth the extra effort and expense especially when I don't have to trace around the template and probably would not make two Rhapsody quilts from the same skeleton. What does any one else think. Maybe I will get clearer on things when I have time to work through step by step too many UFO's that have to get done before I can even think about doing any other project. so I continue to work in my teensy tiny work space called the motorhome where I have to leave room for dh. and it is getting hot again today in Minneapolis Ann

Comment

Ann
                      I know what you mean about trying to do things a little different, I thought doing the drawing with charcoal pencil, thought it would be easier to transfer the image, and it was but what a mess soooo I think Ricky`s #2 pencil is the way to go. My dad was born in Henning MN. on the farm there were 14 of them and Gram came from Sweden, Gradpa from Norway, she had a baby every 2 yrs until she had 12 then 2 yrs went by no baby and then 4yrs and she had twins my dad was 1 of them 13 was not a lucky # so she passed it by. Could you imagine twins at 45yrs old. April 7 2007 they would have been married 100 yrs going to make a quilt to celebrate the 100th birthday of our family tree.....jean

Comment

Originally posted by quilting101
                        Hi Ricky
                        i noticed that your fabric adheres very well to your design wall, what is your design wall made from.
                        Jenny in Oz where the wind is very chilly and the sun is shining
                        Jenny, in one of the blog pics, it looked to me like cotton batting.

Comment

Hi all, I'm new to this forum but have been following the Realty blog since its inception. LOVE IT!!

Anyway, regarding the design wall, mine is made from insulation board (found at most hardware stores-ie, Home Depot) and covered with flannel. I was going to purchase batting, but was told it didn't work well with fabric adhereing to it. The fabric does stick well to the flannel.

By the way, I enjoyed reading your comments and suggestions, particularly regarding the freezer paper and dimensions.

Leslie in Hartsel, Colorado (9500 elevation)! Nice and cool, thank goodness!

Comment

Regarding doing somethings a little different-I made my first sketch on copy paper and rubbed the back to transfer the design. Then I remembered I had tracing paper. Much easier to copy all the sections.
                            Sherry in So.Miss., where I now have AC and computer access. DH got two gold stars today!

Comment

If you look on Nancy's Notion, you can purchase a design wall in two different ways. One is portable, price is around 100.00. The second one is for the wall, I can't remember the price. I have the portable one and it really works. :idea:
                              Living Threads
                              http://www.livingthreads.net

Comment

Tarabenet
                                Thanks think you are right
                                Jenny
                                Jenny in Oz

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1986 users online. 154 members and 1832 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X