Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Postings disappearing?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't be offended, Eileen, and I have been a member since the beginning. I just find using the current site too time-consuming. Sometimes simplicity is a lot better than 'bells and whistles'.
    From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

Lorchen, you know I Love and cherish your friendship too!!!

Comment

I would like to know from TQS if any effort is being made to restore the BOM forums. Those forums addressed pattern errors to instructions
        given to us by TQS and are essential to making the quilts. I am particularly interested in A-Z for Ewe and Me, but I followed the other BOM's, and made some of them, and the same corrections to pattern instructions were made. No comment at all from TQS (Capt. John in particular) is not acceptable. I have loved this site for years, but not addressing questions from customers does not promote good customer relations. If they are trying to restore them, tell us. If there's no intent of restoring them, tell us.

Comment

I think that the ongoing lack of response to concerns (mentioned in the forum) does not bode well for TQS members.

Comment

Or TQS !! :S

Comment

I sent an email to Customer Support and told them to get over here and see how we're feeling. I'll let you know if I hear anything back.

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
              Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

Lorchen, I couldn't agree more. When I came back after an extended time away, so much was changed! Why not go with "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"?

Comment

Hello~ John has asked me to research and respond to missing and/or disappearing Blogs. I thought some background information might be helpful, specifically on Block of the Month Quilts. When TQS selects a Block of the Month for a year, they work with the designer for exclusive rights to the pattern for the year the BOM is featured. When the year is up, the pattern rights, instructions and videos (featured in the Classrooms) are returned to the Artist as a part of their contract. TQS loses the right to continue to offer the Annual Block of the Month when the year is up, or a few months after to allow members to finish the quilt. In many cases the original designer will continue to sell the BOM pattern on their own website with the instructions and videos. To support TQS members working on BOM's, there are Member groups for each BOM, separate from the "classrooms" where the new material was released each month. This approach provides great exposure for the Designer and an exclusive opportunity for TQS members...for a limited time.
                  Please let me know if this was helpful information. I understand it may not be what you wanted to hear.
                  I would also like to know if there are other Postings that have disappeared and need to be researched.

Thanks Wendy

Comment

Thank you it's good to know it's being looked at. Where we have shared problem solving tips and solutions to pattern problems are in the BOM area of the forum and these are the ones where postings have gone containing vital interpretation from other members. We're human and don't always read the patterns properly also we do things like making them half size so all the calculations worked out by another member are there.
                    https://thequiltshow.com/forum/block-of-the-month-bom

It's not the pattern, instruction or video going that's causing distress, we all know they go.

Thank you, it's appreciated to know we're listened to.

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Just looked and there isn't a 2017 BOM group separate from the classrooms this year. Lucky there's the forum, lots going on there

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

First of all, thank you John for following up on my request. And thank you Wendy for your response as a result. Twiglet could not have responded to it better. We were all cautioned by TQS to download the monthly patterns for each year's BOM at the end of each year, which we did. But during the year of each BOM, there were questions and answers to everyone's construction, cutting fabric, and direction queries. This would happen as each month's pattern was released because members were jumping in and making whichever quilt was being featured. Even sewing machine settings were discussed. There were hundreds and hundreds of questions and answers for each BOM from TQS members and many answers from the designers themselves. If I had had any clue that they would be gone I would have printed them out. I sincerely hope that they can be restored. Most importantly, by getting a response, I hope there is a way to get those forum postings back. John and you have restored my faith in TQS, and that you are listening to our requests. Thank you.

Comment

I heard from Wendy (grandedesign) overnight, asking what posts we may be talking about. Since the BOMs are being addressed here, this was my reply:

"What has also concerned many members is this: there are many of us who have been here from the beginning and our posts from 2007 forward have disappeared. One day they were there, and poof, the next day they were gone. It may seem like a small thing, but there are many conversations we’ve had over the years that are now gone."

Hopefully, we'll get some resolution soon.

Comment

Thanks for responding, Wendy. You mention "blogs" in your response. There are two parts of the TQS Web site that have disappeared. What people are talking about recently are the forum posts that disappeared recently. All of the older forum posts, whether about BOMs or on other topics, disappeared after a recent Web site problem. All of these old posts were useful, but most especially the BOMs which is why they have gotten special attention. I have seen TQS use the existence of these forums and old information in their marketing, so it seems even TQS recognizes the importance of these.

The other thing that disappeared were the blogs when the Web site was switched over several years ago. At that time, TQS said they would work on adding the blogs back into the site or, if they weren't able to do that, they would give us access to the text of our old blogs so we could save them somewhere else. Neither of these things ever happened so those of us who contributed to the Web site in the form of blogs lost all of our work and our quilting history. For example, I lost all of the history and thoughts that went into the making of a quilt that was very important to me made from a tablecloth that belonged to my mother, designed before her death, finished after her death and a ribbon winner at two national shows including Houston. It would mean a huge amount to me to get those writings back!

Comment

Hi Wendy
                              Thanks for the Clarification on what has gone missing. I will research the BOM Forums on my end (behind the scenes) and see what I can find. It may take a couple of days... but I will respond!

Cheers Wendy G

Comment

Hello - the Block of the Month Forums are back My apologies for the loss in the first place. When we migrated TQS to a new host, we realized the vast quantity of content on TQS was hindering our migration. We made the decision to delete files "we thought" were no longer in us. Files that had not been recently accessed were removed. Since that time we have upgraded the servers and made other changes to "speed things up". Based on your comments we have restored all the content in the Forums. Thank you for your patience and please know - we are listening! Cheers Wendy

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2111 users online. 271 members and 1840 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X