Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Alex's fabric storage

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alex's fabric storage

In one of Alex's videos that I watched several days ago (can't remember which one---duh!), she mentioned that she stores her fabric stash in wire baskets. I'd like some more info on them, please. I'm in the process of re-organizing my stash, and wonder what brand of wire basekts they are. Also, photos of them would be great...or a short video on the daily blog, of her studio and fabric storage!
    Thanks!
    Sandy in hot, humid, sweltering Virginia

Not sure if Alex's baskets are the same as mine, but I purchased mine at The Container Store.
    They have an on-line site where you can design your own basket storage. I love mine and added
    on several years later when the stash overflowed. The new ones match the old baskets. My daughter
    bought something similar at one of the big box stores. I don't know if the quality is the same.

Don't buy baskets more than two rungs deep. When full, bigger ones don't move correctly on the
    frame. The baskets that are approx 6" deep work perfectly for Margo's folding method.

Comment

I use wire baskets (Lowes) for fabric storage under my cutting table.

Coast of South Carolina USA
      Sewing/Quilting on my Viking Sapphire 870

Comment

Super Judy is correct - make sure that all parts of the system are metal and do not use any drawer that is more than two rung deep. The one rung deep drawers are pretty worthless too. I love this system is the best option out there. Many different stores carry it -

Comment

For stability, tie them together with those plastic ties that won't come apart after you tighten them. Makes a big difference. But my stash is now WAY too big to be so fancy. Nice while it lasted. :shock:

Comment

I have storage baskets from IKEA and they come in different depths and have dividers of sorts which have come in handy.
            cheers
            jeanine

Comment

HUM! maybe I should get rid of my basket and cube system for the Lowes wire baskets. But the cubes also hold my books..... Oh what to do.

Comment

Thanks for the replies so far! Love hearing about the different suppliers.

I did a Google search this afternoon, and saw that Rubbermaid has some sturdy-looking slide-out wire baskets. As soon as the weather cools here, I'm off to Lowes and maybe even Ikea (4 hours away) to look at them. (100 degrees F is too hot for me to go shopping outside!) In the meantime, I've been staying inside in the AC and sorting through my fabric stash, and organizing it according to color. My sewing room looks like a color-explosion right now! 8)

Sandy in Virginia

Comment

Same here Sandy. 104 deg on the back deck in Ct. The heat wave should be breaking by the end of today.

Comment

What's Margo's folding method? I'm new here, so I'm clueless. :lol:

Pamo65 Thanks for the photos of your wire baskets with stash! Cool!

Comment

I have hopefully attached one of the links that we all are referring to. Margo has given us so many good tips that it took me a few minutes to find it. Just for future information; there is a search box at the top of each page in the header. I found the link by searching: fabric folding Margo
                      http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563306368ujRyrP
                      Good luck with the organizing!

Comment

Ah-Ha! I see that she folds fabric over her 6 x 24 inch ruler. What a clever idea! Thanks for the link to the photos!

Comment

Thanks Bonnie!!

TracingMyRoots, welcome to TQS! You will find some tips to navigating the TQS forum here: http://forum/forum-questions-and-sug...-the-tqs-forum

and for creating your own fancy signature here: http://forum/forum-questions-and-sug...s-on-the-forum

See Alex and Ricky show you around the TQS Site: http://daily-blog/106-website-featur...uilting-skills

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                          That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Failing that, put up a question - hopefully in a relevant thread area - and Margo will probably be the first to answer you :wink:
                            Most of us tend to view her as our very own Delphic Oracle 8) ; without the hidden meanings.

http://www.ancient-greece.org/history/delphi.html

Comment

Good Grief Rosemary! ops:

I just have a keyboard, and I'm not afraid to use it! :lol:

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2807 users online. 512 members and 2295 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,226   Members: 25684   Active Members: 1,326  
                              Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X