Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Getting Started

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharon, I don't do Pinterest. No time.

I was not thinking of pictures, but more of instructions, and stuff like that.

I'm lucky. I see tons of superb miniature quilts every year at Festival of Quilts (waving to Rosemary, a Goddess when it comes to small stuff) in Birmingham every year,
    From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

Wendy Grande........ I find it mildly annoying that my responses to a message in this thread does not appear under that message, but at the top, even though I used the 'response' button in the message. Not good. It's another thing that makes the use of the forum cumbersome for me. Sigh!

But right now, I'm willing to forgive almost anything, because I'm off to Germany soon, and Ricky and Justin will be at the same German Quilt Guild weekend.

Comment

I've met my International quilter...Wena from Malmesbury, South Africa. We connected and have exchanged pictures and a few emails. I'm really looking forward to working on our quilts and sharing at the end of this adventure. I hope many begin to contact and share their thoughts and ideas without showing too much...

Comment

I'm having trouble finding the rules of the IMQE. I go to the announcement page but can't find any place to click for the details. I'd like to print them out for reference and so I now when all the deadlines are etc. I just can't seem to find them - can you help? Thanks!

Comment

International Miniature Quilt Exchange- IMQE
            Crossing borders and cultures with Quilts around the globe.
            Purpose
            The purpose of the International Miniature Quilt Exchange is to promote quilting across borders and cultures. The exchange allows team members to communicate and connect with each other. The team will then have the opportunity to participate in a juried exhibition which will premiere at the International Quilt Festival in Houston during the Fall of 2018.
            How to Participate
            To participate, you must be either a free basic member of TheQuiltShow.com or a Star member of TheQuiltshow.com. Willing participants must then join the International Miniature Quilt Exchange Group on the TQS website.
            Each exchange team is a two-person team.
            Each team will have a number associated with their team.
            Quilters from the USA will be paired with an International Quilter on a first come, first served basis (notification by email). It is probable that there will be more USA Quilters than there will be International Quilters.
            Time Line and Important Dates
            Now through Dec 31, 2017 – Teams will continue to be established through December 31, 2017
            Early 2018 – Video tutorial on “How to Photograph Your Quilt” – by Ricky Tims.
            March 2018 – Entry Submission deadline will be in March 2018
            April 15 2018 – Exhibition quilts are selected for the international exhibit and teams notified.
            May 15, 2018 – All selected exhibition quilts must be shipped to USA destination and arrive by May 15 at ARJJ.
            Exhibition quilts will remain with ARJJ for exhibition through 2019.
            • Fall International Quilt Market and Quilt Festival – October 26 to November 4
            • International Quilt Festival, Spring Show in Chicago 2019
            • Other venues possible.

December 2019 – Quilts are sent to their final owners.

Why Participate?
            1. Promote quilting and international partnerships/teamwork
            2. Outreach – connecting quilters worldwide
            3. Awareness of cultural differences
            4. Awareness of differences in quilt styles and fabrics from around the world.
            5. Your quilt possibly featured on an international stage.
            Team Guidelines
            • Teams may choose to work together to select a common challenge theme, color scheme or technique to work with. This is not a requirement. Team members can also agree to create totally independent works.
            • By participating, you recognize that the participants will be at all levels of expertise and may be limited to a wide variety of materials to work with. We consider this to be part of the International Miniature Quilt Exchange experience. The reward for participating is not the quilt you get in exchange – it is the experience of connecting with an international quilter.
            • While we encourage each person to put forth their best effort, it is imperative to participate only with the understanding that skill levels vary greatly.
            • Refer to criteria and guidelines before making your quilt.
            • Do not share images of your quilt in any public forum including social media.
            • Do not share your quilt in progress with your teammate. This will be kept secret until the quilts are exchanged.

Quilt Criteria and Selection
            Quilt Criteria
            o Quilt Size – No smaller than 18” on any side or greater than 24” on any side (no smaller than 45cm or greater than 60cm on any side). Quilts may be square, vertical or horizontal in orientation.
            o Any quilt techniques are accepted
            o Quilts may be traditional or artful in nature but should represent a miniature version of a larger quilt.
            ? A large traditional quilt expressed in miniature
            ? Miniature artwork should feel like full scale art, represented in miniature.
            ? For example, a single full scale quilt block, layered and quilted, is not a representation of a miniature quilt.
            o Work may be done by hand or by machine and include surface design treatment or embellishments.
            o Dimensional elements or embellishments may not raise more than ¼” from the surface of the quilt.
            o Quilts must be three layers (top, batting and backing)
            o Quilts must be quilted through all three layers.
            o Quilts must have an appropriate edge finish, ie, binding, facing, or other appropriate finish. Quilts may not be not framed or mounted.
            o Quilts must be labeled with quilt maker, date, location quilt was made at a minimum
            o The entire quilt must be the work of only one person.
            Criteria for Selection
            • Pictures submitted according to the guidelines once submission opens.
            • Quilt adheres to Quilt Criteria listed above.
            • Selection based on strong design, innovation and workmanship.
            • Some selections may be based on stories or relationships developed by team members.
            ?It is probable that there will be more USA Quilters than there will be International Quilters. A list of participants will be maintained based on the date and time members join the International Miniature Quilt Exchange Group and teams will be paired together on a first come, first served basis.
            ?We may not be able to partner all USA participants.

IMQE Quilt Entry and Submission Process
            • January of 2018 – Online entry/quilt submission opens
            • Entry fee will be $15.00 USD per quilt
            • Two photos - a full photo and detail photo - will be required for submission
            • An artist’s statement about the quilt and the experience will be required
            IMQE Selected Quilts
            • Notification of accepted exhibition quilts announce early April 2018
            • IMQE team members are responsible for the expense of sending their quilt to TheQuiltShow for the IMQE Exhibits
            • December 2019, TheQuiltShow pays for shipping to final quilt owner.
            IMQE NOT Selected for the Show
            ?Each member is responsible for sending their quilt to their Team partner.

Comment

Hope what I posted helps....International Miniature Quilt Exchange- IMQE
              Crossing borders and cultures with Quilts around the globe.
              Purpose
              The purpose of the International Miniature Quilt Exchange is to promote quilting across borders and cultures. The exchange allows team members to communicate and connect with each other. The team will then have the opportunity to participate in a juried exhibition which will premiere at the International Quilt Festival in Houston during the Fall of 2018.
              How to Participate
              To participate, you must be either a free basic member of TheQuiltShow.com or a Star member of TheQuiltshow.com. Willing participants must then join the International Miniature Quilt Exchange Group on the TQS website.
              Each exchange team is a two-person team.
              Each team will have a number associated with their team.
              Quilters from the USA will be paired with an International Quilter on a first come, first served basis (notification by email). It is probable that there will be more USA Quilters than there will be International Quilters.
              Time Line and Important Dates
              Now through Dec 31, 2017 – Teams will continue to be established through December 31, 2017
              Early 2018 – Video tutorial on “How to Photograph Your Quilt” – by Ricky Tims.
              March 2018 – Entry Submission deadline will be in March 2018
              April 15 2018 – Exhibition quilts are selected for the international exhibit and teams notified.
              May 15, 2018 – All selected exhibition quilts must be shipped to USA destination and arrive by May 15 at ARJJ.
              Exhibition quilts will remain with ARJJ for exhibition through 2019.
              • Other venues possible.

Why Participate?
              1. Promote quilting and international partnerships/teamwork
              2. Outreach – connecting quilters worldwide
              3. Awareness of cultural differences
              4. Awareness of differences in quilt styles and fabrics from around the world.
              5. Your quilt possibly featured on an international stage.
              Team Guidelines
              • Teams may choose to work together to select a common challenge theme, color scheme or technique to work with. This is not a requirement. Team members can also agree to create totally independent works.
              • By participating, you recognize that the participants will be at all levels of expertise and may be limited to a wide variety of materials to work with. We consider this to be part of the International Miniature Quilt Exchange experience. The reward for participating is not the quilt you get in exchange – it is the experience of connecting with an international quilter.
              • While we encourage each person to put forth their best effort, it is imperative to participate only with the understanding that skill levels vary greatly.
              • Refer to criteria and guidelines before making your quilt.
              • Do not share images of your quilt in any public forum including social media.
              • Do not share your quilt in progress with your teammate. This will be kept secret until the quilts are exchanged.

Quilt Criteria and Selection
              Quilt Criteria
              o Quilt Size – No smaller than 18” on any side or greater than 24” on any side (no smaller than 45cm or greater than 60cm on any side). Quilts may be square, vertical or horizontal in orientation.
              o Any quilt techniques are accepted
              o Quilts may be traditional or artful in nature but should represent a miniature version of a larger quilt.
              ? A large traditional quilt expressed in miniature
              ? Miniature artwork should feel like full scale art, represented in miniature.
              ? For example, a single full scale quilt block, layered and quilted, is not a representation of a miniature quilt.
              o Work may be done by hand or by machine and include surface design treatment or embellishments.
              o Dimensional elements or embellishments may not raise more than ¼” from the surface of the quilt.
              o Quilts must be three layers (top, batting and backing)
              o Quilts must be quilted through all three layers.
              o Quilts must have an appropriate edge finish, ie, binding, facing, or other appropriate finish. Quilts may not be not framed or mounted.
              o Quilts must be labeled with quilt maker, date, location quilt was made at a minimum
              o The entire quilt must be the work of only one person.
              Criteria for Selection
              • Pictures submitted according to the guidelines once submission opens.
              • Quilt adheres to Quilt Criteria listed above.
              • Selection based on strong design, innovation and workmanship.
              • Some selections may be based on stories or relationships developed by team members.
              ?It is probable that there will be more USA Quilters than there will be International Quilters. A list of participants will be maintained based on the date and time members join the International Miniature Quilt Exchange Group and teams will be paired together on a first come, first served basis.
              ?We may not be able to partner all USA participants.

IMQE Quilt Entry and Submission Process
              • January of 2018 – Online entry/quilt submission opens
              • Entry fee will be $15.00 USD per quilt
              • Two photos - a full photo and detail photo - will be required for submission
              • An artist’s statement about the quilt and the experience will be required
              IMQE Selected Quilts
              • Notification of accepted exhibition quilts announce early April 2018
              • IMQE team members are responsible for the expense of sending their quilt to TheQuiltShow for the IMQE Exhibits
              • December 2019, TheQuiltShow pays for shipping to final quilt owner.
              IMQE NOT Selected for the Show
              ?Each member is responsible for sending their quilt to their Team partner.

Comment

Thank you that was really helpful! I still cannot find the group file tab but this gives me the info I need!

Comment

thanks Cindyscat!
                  To find the Member Group for IMQE, go to Connect and select Member Groups and International Miniature Quilt Exchange will be there as a member group.

Comment

Please add me to the FB group. On FB i am Debbie Wolf.

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."...quote courtesy of Dr. Seuss

Comment

See you've been added Debbie

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

The dates for Fall Quilt Market are Nov 3-5, 2018 and Quilt Festival Nov 8 - 11, 2018.... or will they not be shown until the 2019 Quilt Market & Festival? Just noticed these dates.

Originally posted by "Cindyscat" post=141459
                        International Miniature Quilt Exchange- IMQE

• Other venues possible.

Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
                        working farm wife and quilter in the off-seasons
                        Tired.
                        Modern quilter, QOV volunteer, Improv, FPP w/o stitching on paper, freehand quilting on my long-arm.
                        BERNINA 790 Pro, Elna Serger, Handi Quilter Fusion, 3 FW,  a lot of old Singers and other vintage and antique machines (25+).

Comment

Quilt finished and entered :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
                          Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
                          working farm wife and quilter in the off-seasons
                          Tired.
                          Modern quilter, QOV volunteer, Improv, FPP w/o stitching on paper, freehand quilting on my long-arm.
                          BERNINA 790 Pro, Elna Serger, Handi Quilter Fusion, 3 FW,  a lot of old Singers and other vintage and antique machines (25+).

Comment

Congratulations!!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1081 users online. 189 members and 892 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,768   Members: 25244   Active Members: 1,511  
                            Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                            X