Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Waving quilts at Ricky in the South of England

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No time for tap dancing, Rosemary. My biggest problem right now is something that I never ever thought I would even contemplate. Well over a year ago one of the teachers (a brilliant science geek - ) managed to persuade me to help him one day a week after school to run a club. Not a problem. I have enjoyed those sessions with a mixture of teenage lads from the exceptionally bright to the autistic spectrum ones. They play Warhammer 40k and I just generally helped out a little. Well, the teacher who has been running this club went off ill (depression and stress) over 4 weeks ago and I have been running the show by myself. This is not part of my contract. It's totally voluntary and I could have easily cancelled the sessions, but...... Well, I just couldn't do that. These boys are all a little 'quirky' and don't communicate well, except when they are focused on the game and forget that they are talking to others. I found out last week that the teacher whose baby this club is will not be coming back. He is taking early retirement because of ill health. I'm not surprised. So what do I do?? Do I commit myself to run the club, become a geek, and learn how to play Warhammer 40k??? Do I have the time and energy? I'll make my decision over Christmas.

So, it's either tap dancing or Warhammer.......
    From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

Oooops, apologies to everybody for going so totally off subject. I should have emailed Rosemary privately with my 'tale of woe'.

Comment

I'm glad you didn't Lorchen. I love to hear what's going on with everyone. Good luck with your decision.
        Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by Lorchen
          Oooops, apologies to everybody for going so totally off subject. I should have emailed Rosemary privately with my 'tale of woe'.
          I agree with Karen. It's the way we get to know each other. Hugs to you, Lorchen, and time will give you the right answer.

Comment

Hugs from me to Lorchen, and let us know how you go.

Taree NSW - Australia
            My motto in life: live by the three GGG’s - be Grateful, be Gracious, be Gorgeous to yourself

Comment

I don't even know what Warhammer is. I assume it is a computer game? Bless you for helping out and even thinking of taking this over. Maybe since you were recruited you can recruit another faculty member also.

Got the train schedule and contemplating the Thursday train scheudle...

Comment

So what is Ricky up to in England ??

Comment

Dunno, but they did say it was a private visit, rather than a working one. Still I hope he brought his hat, it has been freezing here the last few days. Just glad he offered to do a 'drive by' quilting on his hols.

Comment

He's on a weeks private trip.. He sent an email to all English quilters signed up for the TQS newsletter as far as I know with his schedule. Unfortunately for some he is only travelling in the very south of England. Watch this space. Lorna, good luck for Thursday :-)

In leafy Berkshire, south of England.

Comment

Thanks, Reading or Oxford would be closest to me. Probably a good quilt shop to visit down that way if I decide to make the trip. I was over at RAF Croughton a week ago Friday and stayed over. On my way home I stopped by a lovely little shop in Weedon, called The Bramble Patch. They were having an exhibition in a large room in the shop and tea and mince pie! Yum.

We had snow flurries on Friday and today! It was so pretty, but really didn't stick. The pond behind my house stayed iced over all day.

Comment

lol lol...... I'm falling over laughing here..... Lorna, by English standards, that 'lovely, little shop in Weedon' is as big as you'll get in the UK when it comes to Quilt Shops. I loooove The Bramble Patch. It's a couple of hours due South from where I live.

Comment

Lorna, I've just emailed you.

Comment

Thanks, Pam. Still comtemplating the journey down there or not.

Lorchen, It was big! A beautiful setting. That large room where they had an exhibit has a loft above it with chairs to sit browse the books or look out over the large room. Sounds like when there isn't an exhibit that this might be a classroom. "Little" in this setting was more a term of endearment rather than a comment on size. Like in the South (of USA) where they will say "Bless your little heart." or something like that. I picked up a schedule and have been eyeing some of the Saturday courses they are offering in the new year. Other than my fat quarter that I am collecting from each place, I was tempted into buying a kit for Union Jack cushion.

Lorna

Comment

I agree, that Union Jack cushion kit is very tempting, Lorna.

The large room with the high ceiling is normally split in two and two classes with up to 16 students can take part at the same time. The other classroom has a wet area attached so is often used for dyeing or printing workshops. The teacher that The Bramble Patch is using are usually excellent. If you post here which workshop you book, you never know, some member(s) may decide to join you if The Bramble Patch is within their reach.

Also: There are several decent hotels close by, and a lovely canal for walks. So, you could easily go for a weekend. I'd recommend 'The Heart of England' hotel. Rooms are very nice, breakfast is excellent, and if you mention that you are going to The Bramble Patch for a workshop they knock a bit off the price. For evening meal, there is a beautiful restaurant about a mile down the road, right by the canal (The Ferryboat). On a warm day you can sit outside and just relax.

Comment

Lorchen, I flashed at RT today!!!!! Its was so cool!!!!!!!! Watch for photos on Facebook, His website rickytims and hopefully here. I will steal Ricky's photos when he posts them

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2899 users online. 561 members and 2338 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,226   Members: 25684   Active Members: 1,326  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X