Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Dear Jane Start-up Jan 2008

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Jane Start-up Jan 2008

Hi,
    Anyone out there?

I started receiving my BOM from Stitchin' Heaven in Jan 2008...
    Yesterday and today (Sep 11 & 12) I finally made two blocks: L-10 and L-11.
    I really didn't think they would take so long to make! After all they are only 4.5" (finished).
    Anyway, I posted the pictures in my profile.
    I did add an extra line in L-10 to make piecing easier.

aka ladyquilter

Troutdale, OR
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress">http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress</a><!-- m -->

I'm in the same BOM but you're ahead of me by 2 blocks.Have I made you feel better?All this janiac talk has tempted me .Do I dare start another project?
    Teri

aka ladyquilter

Troutdale, OR
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress">http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress</a><!-- m -->

Comment

How are you constructing your blocks? I want to start this but am not sure how I should sew them. I don't have the cd.
      eileenkny

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
      Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

Eileen, I just look at the picture of the block in the book. I measure the pieces with a small ruler and add the seam allowance. I then cut out the fabric pieces. Some of them, I trace with freezer paper for applique.

Check out the official Dear Jane website for instructions for each block and tips on how to assemble them. Lot's of them are so easy that you can just look at them and figure it out.

I'm sure a few of mine are slightly different from the original, but if you look closely, a few of Brenda's are as well. It's challenging but fun!

I'm sewing whatever I can on the machine and appliqueing by hand. I know I'll resort to hand piecing some of the harder ones with tricky intersections.

Nancy in NY

Comment

Thanks, Nancy. I'm going to bite the bullet soon :shock: and get going with this. I hope I live long enough to finish it! :lol:
          eileenkny

Comment

Hay, I did not know there was a CD....where do I get it? Norina

Comment

Originally posted by Wayland
              Hay, I did not know there was a CD....where do I get it? Norina
              Norina,

The best price I found was Nancy's Notions. They have it on clearance.

JoJo

P.S. I bought many different black/whites at the Quilt Show today!!! I can hardly wait to wash them and cut out my first block. Hmmm...which block should I do first??? :wink:

aka ladyquilter

Troutdale, OR

Comment

Start with some EASY blocks and then jump into something a little harder. I will tell you there some blocks I had to look at several times before I could figure out a good way for me to make them. But is down the road for you. Be sure and print the tutorial on the DJ website for each block -- are very helpful.

You girls are giving me incentive to get some more triangles done.

Sharon

Comment

Originally posted by sewengel
                  Start with some EASY blocks and then jump into something a little harder. I will tell you there some blocks I had to look at several times before I could figure out a good way for me to make them. But is down the road for you. Be sure and print the tutorial on the DJ website for each block -- are very helpful.

You girls are giving me incentive to get some more triangles done.

Sharon
                  Thanks Sharon. I forgot about the tutes on the DJ website. I have to admit that some of the blocks are brain teasers. Makes me wonder how in the world she made them up and were they all hand pieced or did she own a sewing machine. I sat and read all of the letters in the book and found them very enlighting.

JoJo

aka ladyquilter

Troutdale, OR

Comment

I'm hand piecing and hand appliqueing mine the old fashioned way--with plastic templates. I'm "tweaking" some of the blocks, too. Judy in Torrance

Comment

If you go to the DJ site, click on Newbie Info. Scroll down to the paragraph labeled "Hyphen my name and call me Jane". #6 gives some advice on which blocks to do first-both pieced and appliqued.
                      I put the info on a post-it and stuck it in my book.
                      eileenkny

Comment

JoJo
                        Thanks, I just ordered the CD on Nancy Notions and now going on the web site....Norina

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2106 users online. 243 members and 1863 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                        Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                        X