Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Dear Jane Start-up Jan 2008

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dogquilter
    Some people call it obsession, I consider it passion. I love sewing and I find it very relaxing. With my broken leg I can't drive so I have been home a lot more than usual. I was able to do hand piecing on many of my blocks.
    I agree with you. I bought all of her books and cd's. I am currently working on my first hand pieced half hexagon type quilt. I will have to post the ufo.At the present time it travels with me on road trips and dr's appts. I have stared at the dj blocks and diamonds with awe. I will keep practicing with one shape for now. your blocks are great.

Sewing is so my escape to happy place and you all here validate that it is so much more than a hobby.
    zz
    Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
    working farm wife and quilter in the off-seasons
    Tired.
    Modern quilter, QOV volunteer, Improv, FPP w/o stitching on paper, freehand quilting on my long-arm.
    BERNINA 790 Pro, Elna Serger, Handi Quilter Fusion, 3 FW,  a lot of old Singers and other vintage and antique machines (25+).

Comment

I received my February fabric yesterday, it is equally as beautiful as January. I am printing out the patterns from the CD.
      Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
      Tired.
      Modern quilter, QOV volunteer, Improv, FPP w/o stitching on paper, freehand quilting on my long-arm.
      BERNINA 790 Pro, Elna Serger, Handi Quilter Fusion, 3 FW,  a lot of old Singers and other vintage and antique machines (25+).

Comment

I've printed as many patterns for paper piecing as I can.

I don't know how to change the pattern lines like we need to in A-12 so will trace my own pp pattern. :? Does anyone know how to do that w/ the software CD?

I see I have a lot of work cut out for me this month - not so many for pp. Nearly in a cold-sweat over hand-piecing. I'll work my hardest to MP A-10.

My hand appliqué was just fine last month so that isn't a problem. I should get some of those blocks ready to take on Tuesday (mammo day).
        Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
        Tired.

Comment

In the software it says to click on the start over button while in the print block section. There are three seperate areas when you pull up the print block. On the top of the pop up, numbering, sections, options. When in sections there is a start over click button. In the options section there is a line thickness choice towards the bottom. I hope this helps. If I am totally off, sorry.
          Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
          Tired.

Comment

Judy, I understand what you are saying. But that still uses the lines the software put in for pieces. Our paper suggests taking out a few seams and I don't know how to do that on the software. Do you?

A-9: when printing the pp pattern, the coloring for some pieces is wrong. On the center, the last 4 triangles are supposed to be dark. Compare it with your book. (I took out that extra seam like our instructions say.) Love this block!!

I'm MP A-10 and just need to do the corner miter next. Then the HA.

Joyce
            Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
            Tired.

Comment

Wow! What a learning experience. Paper piecing is not something I was looking to become proficient with, but Jane is leaving me no choice. Most of my first row is done and the first 2 triangles, but some of them are pretty wonky. One, for sure, is a 'do over' and I have not decided about another.

Since I have a Mac and can't use the DJ sofware I bought, I would be happy to make a deal with anyone who is interested in having it. So if you are Dear Jane-ing and think the software and it's 243 page manual would make your life easier, drop me an email and we can work something out.

Meanwhile, they are probably packaging up the next batch of fabric, and I am so far behind :shock:
              Sally in foggy Torrance CA
              Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
              Tired.

Comment

Mapster, you're doing great. I haven't finished the triangles from Jan yet. I have made several of the February blocks, rushing to finish before the March fabrics come in. I just printed out three templates from the cd, I'm ready to go hand piece a few blocks this afternoon.

I would certainly make you an offer on your CD if I hadn't already purchased mine, it's a treasure.
                Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
                Tired.

Comment

Hey girls -- I am new to this forum but have considered the Dear Jane project for quite some time. Today I was in Laramie, WY for a soccer tourney for DD and my lovely DH stopped at two quilt shops. The 2nd shop was having a first Sat. sale and low and behold there was a DH book on the rack for 30% off, and it literally said, "take me home with you".

My question is, would you all recommend getting the CD or not? Is it really helpful? I am very excited to start this project and intend to make it scrappy to a degree.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sharon in Colorado

Comment

Oops I meant DJ book not DH book -- I was still shocked he stopped at the quilt shop for me.

Sharon again and still in Colorado

Comment

I really like the CD for printing out the patterns. You are able to choose between different formats, foundation, templates or rotary cut. You are also able to design and place your own blocks. My personal feelings, it is totally worth it.

Comment

I received my March fabric yesterday, another wonderful collection of civil war fabrics. Can't wait to cut into them. I still have a couple February blocks. How is everyone else coming along?

Comment

I am almost finished with March. I haven't gotten my April fabrics yet. I will be posting a photo of my latest blocks soon.

Comment

My question is, would you all recommend getting the CD or not? Is it really helpful? I am very excited to start this project and intend to make it scrappy to a degree.
                            I haven't been following this thread and don't know if you are still here, but I would most definately recommend the CD.

Before EQ came out with their DJ software, I had most of all the blocks , but not the triangles, drafted by hand on my regular electric quilt software. Even though, I have received much benefit from the software. As someone said earlier, with DJ, you find yourself doing a lot of paper piecing. With the DJ software, you can easily print out the paper pattern. For me, the price of the software is well worth it in my time savings.

With that said, the DJ software does not let you re draw the blocks. I find that quite limiting and I frequently re-draft the block in regular EQ.

Good Luck, enjoy your DJ journey.

Dogquilter, I am looking forward to seeing your blocks. I keep saying that I am going to get mine out of their shoebox, but other things keep getting in line first!

Anne in Illinois

Comment

I'm back girls!!

I finished my Feb blocks yesterday and started on March. Oh Boy!! I did the easy first one w/ paper piecing and have 3/4 of the next one reverse appliqued. I hope it is OK. Those points on the diamonds are tiny and sharp! B4 & B5

I'm so glad to have this going again. My goal is to be done with Mar-Apr-May before June comes.

I'm heading out to quilt shops with a friend today so that takes out today for sewing! :wink: I'm making some emb pillows for said friend's birthday next week and also have to squeeze in 2 great niece quilts. Hmmm....
                              Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
                              Tired.

Comment

Hi, everyone, can I join DJ now? What do I need? I have the book, but not the CD. Do I need the CD?
                                Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
                                Tired.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1996 users online. 169 members and 1827 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X