Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Dear Jane Start-up Jan 2008

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am doing my own thing with DJ - I just finished TR2 today, so I have A1- to - A9 done plus TR1 and TR2.

Margarita in Auburn, CA
    Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
    working farm wife and quilter in the off-seasons
    Tired.
    Modern quilter, QOV volunteer, Improv, FPP w/o stitching on paper, freehand quilting on my long-arm.
    BERNINA 790 Pro, Elna Serger, Handi Quilter Fusion, 3 FW,  a lot of old Singers and other vintage and antique machines (25+).

Comment

All the DJ talk is helping me get movitated and get my project out of the UFO stack. I started mine seveal years ago but haven't picked it up since last winter. I created a spread sheet to track my progress. The first column shows how many total blocks, triangles, corners, etc there are. The 2nd shows how many I have completed and the 3rd column shows my percentage of completion.... not that I'm counting or anything!

Totals My Blocks My Stats
      Blocks 169 54 32%
      Triangles 52 8 15%
      Corners 4 1 25%
      225 63 28%

Here's another stat that I calculated with the spreadsheet. It takes todays date and tells me how many blocks I have to do per day to finish in xx days! The columns aren't lining up, but I only have to do 5.4 blocks per day to finish by 2/24/2008.

Number of blocks per day to finish in XX days.
      30 60 90
      2/24/08 3/25/08 4/24/08
      Blocks 3.8 1.9 1.3
      Triangles 1.5 0.7 0.5
      Corners 0.1 0.1 0.0
      5.4 2.7 1.8

I am using the Moda Muslin too. I purchased two of the mini bolts.

The blocks you all have posted are wonderful. Keep up the good work! I'm going to go get my box of blocks.

Anne
      Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
      Tired.
      Modern quilter, QOV volunteer, Improv, FPP w/o stitching on paper, freehand quilting on my long-arm.
      BERNINA 790 Pro, Elna Serger, Handi Quilter Fusion, 3 FW,  a lot of old Singers and other vintage and antique machines (25+).

Comment

Hi all,
        It is really quiet the past few days. I hope that means you all are sewing up a storm! :lol: I did get block 2 done, but did not have time to post it before I left home. I ran away to the Jinny Beyer Seminar in Hilton Head, SC. I will be gone for a week of quilting fun and learning. I brought the quilts I am working on for our guild's show in March but I didn't bring DJ. When I do a DJ block, I never know exactly what technique I will use so it would be hard to pack everything I might need, like EQ6 and a printer... EQ6 is not on the hotel computer, can you believe that! Well, have a good week. I will check in again. Let's see some of those blocks posted. Our next pack will be arriving in the next week or so.
        Good night.
        Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
        Tired.

Comment

Nancy,

Have a great time on you trip. ooooh I'd love to be in Hilton Head this week. :lol: Tell us about all your inspiration when you get back.

Dana in Olive Branch, MS
          Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
          Tired.

Comment

Hi,
            So far things are pretty quiet here at the Jinny Beyer Seminar. I had one workshop yesterday 'playing with circles'; it was just techniques so I do know ways I don't want to make circles, but there were a couple of ways that looked easy and gave good results with nice round circles. Most helpful if making large circles.
            After registration and after the 'Jinny quilt shop' opened I got started on the mystery quilt project. Finished with step 1.
            This afternoon I have a class to make a doll needle-keeper. I collect dolls, so this will be fun.
            Jinny's lectures start tomorrow. After her lecture (full of ideas) we will work in small groups, lead by her helpers, to work on the material she presented. Every year this is the most fun. 10 groups work on the same basic pattern, with the same fabrics and make totally different looking quilt mock-up. I will take pictures!
            Well back to my room to work on the quilt I will be putting in my Guild's show (March 1-2 if you are any where near Charleston SC); I am still sewing in thread ends left (not on the edge) from quilting, and then the binding, label and sleeve. I should be able to post it by next Monday.
            See you all later.
            Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
            Tired.

Comment

I have been busy working on my DJ blocks. So far I have made A-1 (PP) A-2 (PP), A-3 (HP) A-4 (HP) 6 (HP) 7 (HP) 8 (HP). I haven't tempted the triangles yet. I am really curious to see everyone's fabrics. I think I have mixed up some of my fabric's and I am not sure what is what. Next time I am going to take a picture of my packet when it arrives. I will post photos when I am able. (still hobbling around on crutches)
              Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
              Tired.

Comment

Hi Judy! I pp my triangles like Sarah said in her notes. They went well.

I never did get the software to let me redo the piecing sections on TR1. I just printed the pattern and drew my own sections on a piece of freezer paper.

TR2 went just fine.

Did you see my blocks on my blog? You don't have those fabrics?
                http://jmquilts.blogspot.com/ (you'll have to look for my DJ posts)

Joyce
                Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
                Tired.

Comment

Hi Joyce,
                  I went to your Blog.... those are really beautiful blocks. About the fabric, Does it really matter of you mix up the color placement? It is your version of a DJ quilt anyway.
                  Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
                  Tired.

Comment

Originally posted by she-quilts
                    Hi Judy! I pp my triangles like Sarah said in her notes. They went well.

I never did get the software to let me redo the piecing sections on TR1. I just printed the pattern and drew my own sections on a piece of freezer paper.

TR2 went just fine.

Did you see my blocks on my blog? You don't have those fabrics?
                    http://jmquilts.blogspot.com/ (you'll have to look for my DJ posts)

Joyce
                    Joyce you've been busy since you posted your DJ blocks. What beautifl photos of the snow.

I don't know what fabric is supposed to go with the TR1, I don't think I got all the fabrics. My stripe fabric is different from yours too. I used some things I already had for some of the blocks. I am going to try to post some photos, everything has been a challenge since I broke my leg. I am learning to get around and have put a rolling chair in my sewing room and kitchen, big help in both spaces.

Good luck all!!
                    Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
                    Tired.

Comment

Judy, it is good to see you are still working on your projects!!

Comment

Originally posted by dogquilter
                        Joyce you've been busy since you posted your DJ blocks. What beautifl photos of the snow.

I don't know what fabric is supposed to go with the TR1, I don't think I got all the fabrics. My stripe fabric is different from yours too.

Good luck all!!
                        Oh Judy - hope you heal fast but glad you can still get to sewing & computer!

I wished my TR1 fabric was more green but went with what I had. Did your fabrics match the descriptions on the bag?

I'm anxious for this month's pkg but I have so much to do anyway!

Joyce
                        Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
                        Tired.

Comment

Most of my fabrics match up, but I don't seem to have the once that would go with the triangles. I am going to take a picture of my Feb fabrics so I now for sure what is what.
                          Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
                          Tired.

Comment

I have posted a photo of most of my Dear Jane Jan blocks. I am looking forward to receiving my Feb block fabric now.
                            Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
                            Tired.

Comment

Judy,
                              you are doing an excellent job. I can't believe you are able to keep up with both the Dear Jane blocks and the Sue Garman BOM.

Your DJ blocks look great. My only comment would be to measure your triangle. I don't have the exact measurements here, but it should be longer than your square blocks. Your photo looks to have the triangle about the same length. It should be approximately 5 1/2 wide by 8 1/2 long.
                              Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
                              Tired.

Comment

Some people call it obsession, I consider it passion. I love sewing and I find it very relaxing. With my broken leg I can't drive so I have been home a lot more than usual. I was able to do hand piecing on many of my blocks.
                                Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
                                Tired.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1969 users online. 149 members and 1820 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X