Quilting Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

• Sew a Long Using Quick and Easy Block Tool
    Here is the link to Alex’s Classroom. Scroll down to find the Kaffe Mystery Quilt:

https://thequiltshow.co...
  • MONTH 10 BLOG is UP
    I will let the powers that be know about this, thanks.
  • MONTH 10 BLOG is UP
    Yes, I was Live October 4. The link hasn’t been updated yet. Here is the video:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zEO...
  • MONTH 10 BLOG is UP
    No pictures of progress or finished quilts are appearing at all. Where the pictures should be, there are small boxes with...
    I'm looking for the tutorial program Alex taught using the Easy Block Tool. I never finished the quilt and would like to....
  • MONTH 10 BLOG is UP
    I don’t see the facebook live video for month 10 posted on the website. I thought you were live yesterday.
  • Yes. It will be ready in a few weeks I suspect.
  • Not a “Bot”
    Submit a Ticket under HELP, below.
  • MONTH 9 — Ask Questions Here
    No photos are visible. Probably too large, resize smaller and try again.
    I’m struggling to transfer the appliqué designs so this is what I have been using. Keep your fingers crossed when put...
  • At the end of the year, December, will you have the 12 pattern months available in one download?
  • Not a “Bot”
    I am signed in but can’t watch any of the shows. The screen directs me to sign in to prove I am not a “bot”. I can’t...
  • Bright Star Quilt Kit fabric question
    I LOVE the fabrics selected for the Bright Star Quilt kit, but alas, all of the kits are now purchased. Is there any way...
    Thank your for letting me know!
    All the pattern pieces are now available. I chose to provide the background shape for the outer Fan border in Month 2. It...
    The pattern piece is under month 2 patterns. I missed it too.
    Am I correct that we do not yet have all the pattern pieces for this quilt? I was looking for the outermost piece of the...
  • Suggestion Amazing new artist
    I don’t know how to email Quilt Show but Alex please look at this artist quilter. I have never seen technique like this!...
  • No more items.

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

2011 BOM KITS

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Judy, I know that the taem are working really hard on getting these kits out asap. I suggest that you go to the purple bar above and on help and contact us. Send them an email and they may be able to give you some more accurate information. While you are waiting to get your kit I would suggest that you print of the instructions read them thoroughly and do a small practise of hand applique. Cut out a few leaves and flowers and following the instruction for either Sue or Margos method of preperation and stitch maybe a flower and a leaf. I waited to try and do this when I started the quillt and that takes time. You could be doing that while you wait and save some time later on. It will also help you to decide which method you want to use.

In leafy Berkshire, south of England.

Comment

Judy ,

I agree! I am almost ready to give up on the BOM.

I have stopped coming to the forums as often as I feel I am being left behind - almost excluded.

Kris

PS - I did do the contact thing - I got the same - "the kits will be available mid February"

Comment

Oh Judy and Kris, I wish I lived by you, I would share my fabric with you. Try not to give up. When you receive your kit, you will have lots of time to catch up to all of us. I find that the center took the longest, but after that, the borders went fast. Don't let a month and a half stop you from having all of the fun for the rest of the year. :shock:

Comment

Judy and Kris, I agree, don't give up. I haven't been able to start mine yet either, but it's because of work obligations, not because I'm waiting for fabric. So, I'll be starting late, too, and I'll be doing needle-turn, so it won't be fast. My original goal was to be caught up by the end of February, but now I think it would be more realistic to aim for the end of March. Robin

Comment

NEWS FLASH!! Check out this information about the kits!!!

http://daily-blog/105-alex/14532-bel...-2011-bom-kits

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
            That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Thanks for the Heads Up!

While it is news (good or bad – depending how you look at it), the fact still remains that some of us realistically will not get to start the BOM until March and that has left us feeling a little ….

Kris

Comment

Originally posted by DalQuilts
                Thanks for the Heads Up!

While it is news (good or bad – depending how you look at it), the fact still remains that some of us realistically will not get to start the BOM until March and that has left us feeling a little ….

Kris
                Kris, I absolutely understand how you feel, and I can't begin to tell you how sorry I am that there has been such a delay in getting the BOM kits out, but I must say that when the fabrics were ordered last fall, there was no way to know some of the circumstances that would change the delivery dates. They have ALL happened after the fact, and ARJJ is doing all that can be done to get the kits out as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

For what it's worth....I know that you feel like you are getting a late start, but this is a year-long project. I was able to assemble the entire Beloved Beauties quilt top in 24 days!! Granted, they were LOOOOONG days! :roll: You will have plenty of time to catch up!

Comment

I live on the East Coast. I got all excited when I read this news flash, until I did the numbers. It arrives in Denver early next week. Then 5 days to cut and kit. Then it gets shipped to LaVeta, and then shipped from LaVeta back across the United States to the East Coast where I live. Realistically, it will be mid-March before I can get started on this BOM. I work long hours during the week and can only sew on weekends. Does anyone happen to know of another source where I can buy this fabric now? I don't care if it costs more.

Judy

Comment

Judy,

I completely understand.
                    Do I want to put to put all the time and effort into a BOM knowing there will be a very slim chance that I will be able to catch up with my very limited sewing time.

I tried looking for stores here that have the fabric – but the P&B website only lists stores that bought the WHOLE collection.

Kris

Comment

Originally posted by DalQuilts
                      Judy,

the P&B website only lists stores that bought the WHOLE collection.

Kris
                      To my mind, that's an advantage. I went through the entire list on the P & B website some time ago, and found that the stores on that list either did not have it in stock, or had a few pieces of it.

Comment

Honeybee Fabric has the background fabric and the green print for the center stems( or did the last time I checked)I bought a yard of each and was able to work on the first month. This way I've got a pretty start when the kits come out.Margo is right, the fabric is really nice to work with, worth the wait.

Comment

I will check it out! Thank you! It was very thoughtful of you to let me know.

This weekend I focused my sewing energies on HST's for the Friendship Triangle Exchange. I made 700 for the regular exchange and 140 for the batik exchange. In the process, I learned a few things about paper-piecing. For instance, I tried a some different Bernina feet, and found that 37D works best for me. It is a clear foot, closed-toed foot with a long red line down the center. It is a lot easier to sew exactly on the paper stitching line than any other foot I tried. I don't look at where the needle is stitching. I look at the tip of the red line at the front edge of the foot, and keep that red tip lined up with the stitching line on the paper. If it starts to veer offtrack at that point, it is easy to get it straightened out again before that part of the fabric ever gets to the needle. This foot has a really long toe, which helps me lot in keeping the paper-piecing in alignment.

Thanks again!!!
                          Judy in Virginia

Comment

I wanted to order the kit but it says out of stock and to put your name on a waiting list. The problem is that when I go to that page, there is no where to put my email. Am I doing something wrong or are they not taking a waiting list???

Comment

Originally posted by DEBDAB
                              I wanted to order the kit but it says out of stock and to put your name on a waiting list. The problem is that when I go to that page, there is no where to put my email. Am I doing something wrong or are they not taking a waiting list???
                              When you go to the TQS Shoppe for the BOM kits, you will see a blue bar under the Beloved Beauties that says NOTIFY ME. If you click on that it will take you to a page where your e-mail address is already showing in a white bar. If that's the addy you want them to use, just click the purple bar that says NOTIFY ME to have your name added to the list. Easy-Peasy!!

shop

Comment

JudithLee, if you do order don't forget the ombre green for the leaves.
                                Teri

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1478 users online. 373 members and 1105 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,245   Posts: 155,350   Members: 26125   Active Members: 1,045  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Here is the link to Alex’s Classroom. Scroll down to find the Kaffe Mystery Quilt:

https://thequiltshow.co...
                                • MONTH 10 BLOG is UP
                                  I will let the powers that be know about this, thanks.
                                • MONTH 10 BLOG is UP
                                  Yes, I was Live October 4. The link hasn’t been updated yet. Here is the video:
                                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zEO...
                                • MONTH 10 BLOG is UP
                                  No pictures of progress or finished quilts are appearing at all. Where the pictures should be, there are small boxes with...
                                  I'm looking for the tutorial program Alex taught using the Easy Block Tool. I never finished the quilt and would like to....
                                • MONTH 10 BLOG is UP
                                  I don’t see the facebook live video for month 10 posted on the website. I thought you were live yesterday.
                                • Yes. It will be ready in a few weeks I suspect.
                                • Not a “Bot”
                                  Submit a Ticket under HELP, below.
                                  No photos are visible. Probably too large, resize smaller and try again.
                                  I’m struggling to transfer the appliqué designs so this is what I have been using. Keep your fingers crossed when put...
                                • At the end of the year, December, will you have the 12 pattern months available in one download?
                                • Not a “Bot”
                                  I am signed in but can’t watch any of the shows. The screen directs me to sign in to prove I am not a “bot”. I can’t...
                                • Bright Star Quilt Kit fabric question
                                  I LOVE the fabrics selected for the Bright Star Quilt kit, but alas, all of the kits are now purchased. Is there any way...
                                • No more items.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X